The Student Room Group

GYG 2017-18 Reach for the A*s...or 9s or...whatever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a1icia
Maybe there's a medicine for it?

call me when you find one lmao

life update: something personal's happened, but i'll hopefully still be doing this gyg and keeping it a happy and positive place :smile:
keep smiling xx
Original post by mez_merising

life update: something personal's happened, but i'll hopefully still be doing this gyg and keeping it a happy and positive place :smile:
keep smiling xx

Hope it isnt too bad and if you need anything dont hesitate to pm me as im always here for you anyways! Keep smiling xxx
Original post by A.N123
Hope it isnt too bad and if you need anything dont hesitate to pm me as im always here for you anyways! Keep smiling xxx

much love xx
Reply 204

keep smiling xx

Hope you're okay btw. You seem like too lovely a person to go through anything bad so I hope things clear up soon. Sending positivity :smile:
Original post by a1icia
Hope you're okay btw. You seem like too lovely a person to go through anything bad so I hope things clear up soon. Sending positivity :smile:

aww thank you so much xxx

keep smiling xx

ohhh noo i hope you’re okay :frown:
stay strong! (so cliché but what else can i say?!) xx
Original post by clouddbubbles
ohhh noo i hope you’re okay :frown:
stay strong! (so cliché but what else can i say?!) xx

thank youu💕💕💕

keep smiling xx

hope everything is alright, keep your head up high xx :smile:
Original post by faithoshxo
hope everything is alright, keep your head up high xx :smile:

thank you lovely xx
Tues 14th Nov

about to go to badminton, also a massive thank you to everyone who sent those lovely messages
much love to every single one of you xxx

H i S T o R y
so we got our essays back from like a month ago...i got 14/20 which is 70% so like a grade 7? according to my teacher. not too bothered as i can not write essays, but still, im learning!

G e R M a N
did the reading/translation/listening test. was ok? i messed up some vocab soo idk

B i O L o G y
continued another required practical? something on enzymes and amylase

e N g L i S H
finally did something interesting, made a mindmap on who the inspector is and then finished the film! kinda weird ending tho...

P s H e
talked about LGBTQ+, but was really annoyed bc they literally don't say anything, like why can't we learn about homosexual health as well as heterosexual health?? also like why give awkward teachers who dont wanna talk about it to teach us the lesson like?? surely someone else can come in?

so how was your day? im trying to finish art...ugh
(edited 6 years ago)
finished my art collage. hopefully i dont wake up to tiny bits of paper stuck in my hair!
P s H e
talked about LGBTQ+, but was really annoyed bc they literally don't say anything, like why can't we learn about homosexual health as well as heterosexual health?? also like why give awkward teachers who dont wanna talk about it to teach us the lesson like?? surely someone else can come in?

so how was your day? im trying to finish art...ugh

What do you mean? You mean in terms of sexual health? I assume they'd discuss that in an LGBTQ+ lesson but I wouldn't think there's too much stuff to cover that differs from heterosexual health really

Unless I misunderstood your point?

Your blog is looking amazing though, and I hope you're okay :hugs:
Original post by Amefish
What do you mean? You mean in terms of sexual health? I assume they'd discuss that in an LGBTQ+ lesson but I wouldn't think there's too much stuff to cover that differs from heterosexual health really

Unless I misunderstood your point?

Your blog is looking amazing though, and I hope you're okay :hugs:

thank you!!
i personally didn't ask a question, but a girl in my class had one (which i totally agree to) as in the fact that we have 'sex ed' for heterosexual relationships between a man and woman, but why aren't we taught about other relationships as well?
Wed 15th Nov

kinda panicking because we have this intro to y10 assembly afterschool and i have to play the piano for someone singing and as people walk into the hall and i havent touched my piano in months aghhhhhhhh

M a T H s
did the test, realised with 5 mins to spare that i worked out the surface area instead of the volume of a sphere. always check your work kids!

C H e M i S T R y
marked hw and did some experiment on copper and iron? idrk

A r T
we started to design a vase based off the work of Grayson Perry or something...im getting all the artisits mixed up!

D R a M a
started reading through our set text, blood brothers which is amazing!! i stupidly read the last page and found out what happens so im just like nooooo

so rn im stressing about finding what to play aghhh
hopefully your evening's less stressful than mine!
(edited 6 years ago)
D R a M a
started reading through our set text, blood brothers which is amazing!! i stupidly read the last page and found out what happens so im just like nooooo

so rn im stressing about finding what to play aghhh
hopefully your evening's less stressful than mine!
Tell me it's not true....:cheers:
Original post by 04MR17
Tell me it's not true....:cheers:

unforunately it is!! :s-smilie:
kinda panicking because we have this intro to y10 assembly afterschool and i have to play the piano for someone singing and as people walk into the hall and i havent touched my piano in months aghhhhhhhh

You'll be okay! You'll play a lot better than you're expecting :h: what songs do you have to choose from?
Reply 218
Haven't checked your blog out in a few days, it's nice to see you're doing well :smile:
I totally agree with your point about going over LGBTQ+ sexual health! Gay men are statistically at a larger risk for STDs such as HIV, so it's really important that this information is given to young people who may be exploring their orientation.
On another note, I'm loving your format! A good format always makes things more fun to write imo :biggrin:
Original post by Amefish
You'll be okay! You'll play a lot better than you're expecting :h: what songs do you have to choose from?

thanks! i'm playing a couple pieces for people to walk into, and i legit just finished learning the music for 'reflection' from Mulan bc my friends singing and the backing track didn't work in rehearsal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending