The Student Room Group

Feel a bit stupid, spent 8 grand on a motobike

Its a really nice motobike tho, an hayerbusa. I spent another 900 on insurance. Haven't ridden it much yet but do you think this is value for money? I tend to follow my heart first then my brain kicks in (it should kick for Italy). This is my first proper road motorcyle, others have been adventure styled type.

I recently got a new job and wanted to celebrate by getting something nice. I will also be using this bike to ride to and from work. I dont have a car license because I don't think driving a car is for me.

Also what license is needed for trikes and quad bikes? I assumed that if it has handlebars = biker license, if it has a steering wheel = car license, within reason. Obviously couldnt replace a steering wheel with handlebars to bypass licensing issues, but you get what I mean. Apparently you need a car license for a trike or quad but I have heard different answers.
Original post by Laomedeia
Its a really nice motobike tho, an hayerbusa. I spent another 900 on insurance. Haven't ridden it much yet but do you think this is value for money? I tend to follow my heart first then my brain kicks in (it should kick for Italy). This is my first proper road motorcyle, others have been adventure styled type.

I recently got a new job and wanted to celebrate by getting something nice. I will also be using this bike to ride to and from work. I dont have a car license because I don't think driving a car is for me.

Also what license is needed for trikes and quad bikes? I assumed that if it has handlebars = biker license, if it has a steering wheel = car license, within reason. Obviously couldnt replace a steering wheel with handlebars to bypass licensing issues, but you get what I mean. Apparently you need a car license for a trike or quad but I have heard different answers.

I mean, if you can afford it and get enjoyment from it I don't think it's that bad. Especially because you can use it to commute
Original post by Laomedeia

I think for quads and trikes you only need the bike licence and the same is true for 3 weelers like this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending