The Student Room Group

A guy way out of my league is into me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sfdgdgdcfxv
How old are you?

Original post by merlin451
There is another factor... He is 26 and I am 17. And I kind of claimed I was 19, which was only my fault and I am a horrible person, but I never thought he'd give me his number and there would be any chance of seeing him again.

You should've told him that, he'd be thinking its his lucky day. Youth is good for women, though 16 might be pushing it, 16 year olds tend to look very young.
give it a go at least you can say at least you tried but also at least you have your wits about it x
Beauty is subjective, do what you think is right.
Reply 24
Original post by RockyDennis
You should've told him that, he'd be thinking its his lucky day. Youth is good for women, though 16 might be pushing it, 16 year olds tend to look very young.

He was already expressing concern over my young age(19) I don't think he would have talked to me if he knew my real age. He seemed like a gentleman that didn't want to
"use" a younger girl.
if bella swan can snag a vampire, you can do anything and get your man. In all seriousness, if you two are compatible then sure. If not, there are plenty of astonishing men in the club so don't cry in the club.

:smile:
actually, just read the reply. he's 26. Onision was 26 when he met his wife Taylor, 17. Don't be a Taylor.
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Brown eyes are the least attractive colour.

If you have brown eyes, you are basically doomed to be single forever.

Yeah,because brown eyed people are too cool to be looking for partners.
I am an average looking girl. I have dark hair and brown eyes. I'm quite introverted and awkward so I can't really connect with people easily, at least not without alcohol. I was in a club and I noticed a guy who was absolutely astonishing, totally out of my league. I was quite intoxicated by that point, so when my best friend dared me to talk to him I did it with little discomfort. Surprisingly we hit it off and he seemed to be really interested in me despite the fact that there were other, prettier, girls than me. He invited me over to his place, but I refused. He took it well and only kissed me goodbye. My question is, why would a guy like that be into me at all? I can't stop thinking about him and i have his phone number but he hasn't texted and I'm not sure if I should text him first.

You missed out big time.
Reply 29
So he is a pedophile?

No he is not. The legal age of consent where I live is 15 and you are an adult from 18 years. Since he doesn't know my real age he cannot be considered a pedophile especially when he didn't go beyond kissing me.
Disclaimer: I am just saying what I think.

We can never really tell you a definite answer unless we somehow get into his head (obviously). Hence, I am going to give you my opinion on the situation.

Firstly, we don't actually know that you are average; people tend to be harsh on themselves. For example, I have friends who are like 8+/10 but they think they're 3/10 and I just want to roundhouse them all in the face. So, in reality, you may be hot as fk and that is why he was interested. Or you might just be his "type". Secondly, if we were to assume that you are average, then, in my opinion, he might just be thinking "pu$$y is pu$$y". I assume he was looking for a one night stand and that's why he invited you over. For guys, they tend to not care so much about appearance when considering a girl for a one night stands, as long as you are not hideous, as when they are looking for a girl to be in a relationship with because there is no commitment and they never have to look at you again. In addition, you approached him so immediately he knows that you are interested. He might be thinking: "yes! I don't have to work (approach, buy drinks and etc) for sex, this girl is down to clown". By you approaching him, you took away all the stress, anxiety and effort that is usually required for a guy to approach a girl and like they say in physics: electrons tend to take the path of least resistance. You are the path of least resistance.

Lastly, but most importantly, when guys are in the mood for sex, then they tend to become desperate.

Note:
- Do keep in mind that he might also be average but you find him attractive because you have low standards
- Text him to find out the answer. If you do and he blows you off, then you know he was just looking for a one night stand. If he is engaged and you go on a date and etc, then you know he was actually interested.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 31
I am an average looking girl. I have dark hair and brown eyes. I'm quite introverted and awkward so I can't really connect with people easily, at least not without alcohol. I was in a club and I noticed a guy who was absolutely astonishing, totally out of my league. I was quite intoxicated by that point, so when my best friend dared me to talk to him I did it with little discomfort. Surprisingly we hit it off and he seemed to be really interested in me despite the fact that there were other, prettier, girls than me. He invited me over to his place, but I refused. He took it well and only kissed me goodbye. My question is, why would a guy like that be into me at all? I can't stop thinking about him and i have his phone number but he hasn't texted and I'm not sure if I should text him first.

You should really text him. Hit it off again and see how it goes

Brown eyes are the least attractive colour.

If you have brown eyes, you are basically doomed to be single forever.

I have dark and brown eyes. Maybe that explains why I'm single :colonhash:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by idklolhelp
actually, just read the reply. he's 26. Onision was 26 when he met his wife Taylor, 17. Don't be a Taylor.

I love Onision's take on the age gap topic. I would never do anything to harm a man that I promised to love even if that love disappears. I'm a rational person.
Reply 33
Original post by PhilandTheo
Disclaimer: I am just saying what I think.

We can never really tell you a definite answer unless we somehow get into his head (obviously). Hence, I am going to give you my opinion on the situation.

Firstly, we don't actually know that you are average; people tend to be harsh on themselves. For example, I have friends who are like 8+/10 but they think they're 3/10 and I just want to roundhouse them all in the face. So, in reality, you may be hot as fk and that is why he was interested. Or you might just be his "type". Secondly, if we were to assume that you are average, then, in my opinion, he might just be thinking "pu$$y is pu$$y". I assume he was looking for a one night stand and that's why he invited you over. For guys, they tend to not care so much about appearance when considering a girl for a one night stands, as long as you are not hideous, as when they are looking for a girl to be in a relationship with because there is no commitment and they never have to look at you again. In addition, you approached him so immediately he knows that you are interested. He might be thinking: "yes! I don't have to work (approach, buy drinks and etc) for sex, this girl is down to clown". By you approaching him, you took away all the stress, anxiety and effort that is usually required for a guy to approach a girl and like they say in physics: electrons tend to take the path of least resistance. You are the path of least resistance.

Lastly, but most importantly, when guys are in the mood for sex, then they tend to become desperate.

Note:
- Do keep in mind that he might also be average but you find him attractive because you have low standards
- Text him to find out the answer. If you do and he blows you off, then you know he was just looking for a one night stand. If he is engaged and you go on a date and etc, then you know he was actually interested.

I really like what you just wrote, it's realistic and quite frankly what I thought the entire time he was talking to me. I was so sure that all he cared about was having sex with me no matter the appearance, but then I ran off and left him and my friends claimed that he looked for me everywhere and was very frantic about it. Also he made it clear he didn't want to have sex, if anyone was pushing on that it was me. I don't know what to think. Thank you for the advice though, everything you said was rational and realistic and cleared up my thoughts a bit.
I really like what you just wrote, it's realistic and quite frankly what I thought the entire time he was talking to me. I was so sure that all he cared about was having sex with me no matter the appearance, but then I ran off and left him and my friends claimed that he looked for me everywhere and was very frantic about it. Also he made it clear he didn't want to have sex, if anyone was pushing on that it was me. I don't know what to think. Thank you for the advice though, everything you said was rational and realistic and cleared up my thoughts a bit.

I would stop playing games and running away, if you want to be with him then talk to him.
Reply 35
I wasn't playing games I just felt unwell and didn't want to throw up in front of him(in case I would need to)
I wasn't playing games I just felt unwell and didn't want to throw up in front of him(in case I would need to)

You have 5 seconds to text him or it is confirmed that you are playing games
Reply 37
Jump him, don't look a gift horse in the mouth and all.
Reply 38
You know I can't, as I mentioned before I'm introverted and just don't know what I would even tell him. Besides I was thinking that I might text him on Friday since I'm a student.
You know I can't, as I mentioned before I'm introverted and just don't know what I would even tell him. Besides I was thinking that I might text him on Friday since I'm a student.

Just say "I think the bouncer was about to kick you out on (day) "
He will reply with "why???"
You respond with "because you were making all the other guys look bad."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending