The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Someone has posted on the big sgul medicine 2018 thread that the GAMSAT cut-off is 69. Which seems insane. Can anyone clarify this?
Original post by rtid1
Someone has posted on the big sgul medicine 2018 thread that the GAMSAT cut-off is 69. Which seems insane. Can anyone clarify this?

Please link this so I can set whoever has started this fear mongering straight
Not sure how to link from the app - so here's a screenshot A776A601-16C1-4923-B91D-A9D51763C2FE.jpg.jpeg
Original post by rtid1
Not sure how to link from the app - so here's a screenshot A776A601-16C1-4923-B91D-A9D51763C2FE.jpg.jpeg

Please see my post here for the reply; https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4948652&page=7

Also please ignore my irate tone! It is at the either ignorant individual or troll scaring everybody. I really want to reassure you not to worry!
Well said
59 guys!!! It's on the website!!!
Original post by 10LFC10
59 guys!!! It's on the website!!!

I reckon this puts notts at 58?!
Can someone help- does St. George’s recalculate your score so sections are all equally weighted like notts do?
Reply 28
This might be a stupid question, but is everyone above the cut off guaranteed an interview?
Reply 29
Original post by eilidhchambe
Can someone help- does St. George’s recalculate your score so sections are all equally weighted like notts do?

No they don't. Nottingham are unique in that they are the only university to take the higher of the two averages.
Hey guys! As I understand it St Georges have reduced their cut off to 58, atleast my friend on 58 has been wait listed for interviews!
Original post by eilidhchambe
Hey guys! As I understand it St Georges have reduced their cut off to 58, atleast my friend on 58 has been wait listed for interviews!

Just got an email about it. There's a soft cut-off of 59, for interviews in February. Then a waitlist for people with a score of 58, that will be contacted by the end of February. I guess it depends on how people >= 59 did.
(edited 6 years ago)
I emailed yday about the waitlist and how they select from the people with 58 who gets chance at interview should they need to use it, and their reply this morning was academics would be looked at by the admissions tutors and they would go from there. Just incase anyone was wondering 😊
Already been asked by someone, I know. I can't tell whether this is self-explanatory based on the email they sent out, but are those with 59 or above and a 2:1 or above guaranteed an interview?
Yep- it even says on the entry requirements page for A101 that as long as you meet the minimum requirements you will get an interview! I think it’s minimum B GCSE English too and I can’t remember A level wise
has anybody received an invite yet?
Reply 36
Original post by shamim2k9

There have been a few who have yeah. Seems they're sending them out in batches.
Original post by shamim2k9

There's a more active SGUL thread in the SGUL forum. Interviews started going out yesterday.
Original post by TeaAndLifting
There's a more active SGUL thread in the SGUL forum. Interviews started going out yesterday.

Do you have a link for that forum?
Reply 39

Latest

Trending

Trending