The Student Room Group

Feeling like the odd one out

I've been really feeling like I'm alone in my flat.

My flatmates have openly said I'm their least favourite. I know I've upset them at some points and I've genuinely said sorry. When I tell them that they've upset me, it's apparently just a joke and I shouldn't take it too seriously.

Also they love talking about sex even though they know I'm a "loser"
Do you have friends outside your flatmates? I wouldn't worry so much if you aren't best friends with your flatmates. Somebody decided that you should live together (I am assuming in you are in your first year), none of you chose each other. As long as you can remain civil towards each other for the year, I think that is fine. After this year, you can choose who you want to live with.
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
Do you have friends outside your flatmates? I wouldn't worry so much if you aren't best friends with your flatmates. Somebody decided that you should live together (I am assuming in you are in your first year), none of you chose each other. As long as you can remain civil towards each other for the year, I think that is fine. After this year, you can choose who you want to live with.

All the people I'm friends with outside the flat are better friends with my flatmates.
Reply 3

I've had a number of nervous breakdowns since I've got here
Original post by WillRoney
All the people I'm friends with outside the flat are better friends with my flatmates.

How do you get on with your course mates? Did you sign up to societies and meet new people?
Reply 5
How do you get on with your course mates? Did you sign up to societies and meet new people?

I get on fine but most of them don't live in student accommodation. I'm a member of the student radio station but it's mostly second and third years and I don't see them every day.
I've had a number of nervous breakdowns since I've got here

Sorry to hear this. Was there something that triggered this? Have you talked to someone about there or try to seek help?

I get on fine but most of them don't live in student accommodation. I'm a member of the student radio station but it's mostly second and third years and I don't see them every day.

I wouldn't concentrate on finding potential flatmates, I would look at making friends outside your flatmates' circle. I think it would boost your confidence and enjoyment of the university experience. What kind of things do you do at the student radio station? Do you talk to the other members? Try to sign up to more societies and meet new people, those who you click with you could try to organise a get together or you can attend socials together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending