The Student Room Group

Choices

Should I swap my a levels which are chemistry economics and geography for chemistry physics and maths? I feel like I can’t do anything with my current a levels and everything I look at requires maths.
Reply 1
Chemistry physics maths sounds pretty good and there’s lots of careers you can go into. If I were I’d swap them. Go on the ‘which university a level calculator’, it’s really useful and tells you what degrees your a levels will allow you to do.
Reply 2
Original post by Reece.W.J
Should I swap my a levels which are chemistry economics and geography for chemistry physics and maths? I feel like I can’t do anything with my current a levels and everything I look at requires maths.

Which courses are you considering at university?
Go for it! It’s not too late! I switched from chemistry to geography and it was the best choice I have ever made. If you love maths then definitely do it - it’s not worth learning all those case studies in geography if you won’t do anything to do with it in the future
Original post by Doonesbury
Which courses are you considering at university?

Economics/ accounting/ finance/ chemistry/ physics but ik economics isn’t required for economics
Original post by boonberry
Go for it! It’s not too late! I switched from chemistry to geography and it was the best choice I have ever made. If you love maths then definitely do it - it’s not worth learning all those case studies in geography if you won’t do anything to do with it in the future

How late did you change? I can definitely catch up w/ physics and I started doing maths so I’d just be going back to that so would’ve only missed a few weeks
Reply 6
Original post by Reece.W.J
Economics/ accounting/ finance/ chemistry/ physics but ik economics isn’t required for economics

You pretty much need maths if you study (or want to study) physics.
Original post by Doonesbury
You pretty much need maths if you study (or want to study) physics.

Yes so I’ll see if I can go back to maths 1st before even bothering to ask physics and I’ll see because I’ve recently become v interested in physics:smile:
I changed end of October, so the sooner the better really
Original post by boonberry
I changed end of October, so the sooner the better really

Asking tomorrow. My school usually say before half term but should be ok

Quick Reply

Latest