The Student Room Group

Theresa May publicly acknowledges Russian interference

Scroll to see replies

Now we know where Putin gets his swagger from.

Original post by usualsuspects
No, it is a fact that Russia has been interfering.

Got any evidence for that?
Reply 23
Original post by Quantex
I'm surprised people doubt that Russia would try to manipulate other countries.

Come on, its sodding president spent his formative years working for an organisation that excelled at manipulation and disinformation. That includes almost 30 years spent running rings around the British government.

In fairness he was a nobody when he worked for the KGB. The East German office was anything but prestigious.

It is worth pointing out that as sources go citing the US government is probably one of the worst for telling the truth...
Original post by Napp
In fairness he was a nobody when he worked for the KGB. The East German office was anything but prestigious.

It is worth pointing out that as sources go citing the US government is probably one of the worst for telling the truth...

Yes, of course, random anons are so much more reputable...

Oof, did you even read this through? There's literally no factual evidence in here. Just claims and allegations.
Reply 26
Original post by AmeliaLost
Yes, of course, random anons are so much more reputable...

Do try not to be facetious.
If you think the US Govt is a reliable source which is unbiased and entirely honest you're going to run into some issues down the line.
Original post by Napp
Do try not to be facetious.
If you think the US Govt is a reliable source which is unbiased and entirely honest you're going to run into some issues down the line.

Please provide your unbiased and reliable sources for your view that Russia has not been interfering in western democracy. It's not really a controversial point that Russia wants to destabilise the west - they've actively called for a "post-western world order".
Reply 28
Please provide your unbiased and reliable sources for your view that Russia has not been interfering in western democracy. It's not really a controversial point that Russia wants to destabilise the west - they've actively called for a "post-western world order".

I never said Russia hadn't been playing fast and loose with certain countries in the west. I said its far more damning to western countries than Russia and that the US government is a notoriously unreliable source.
Original post by Napp
I never said Russia hadn't been playing fast and loose with certain countries in the west. I said its far more damning to western countries than Russia and that the US government is a notoriously unreliable source.

If it makes you feel more confident, our spooks at GCHQ were the ones who first alerted their American counterparts about this. Another relevant news article.

A lot of the unrest in western countries is being played by Russia with targeted ads, forum brigades etc, who are trying to divide us. Who do you think started the trend for calling people 'shills' online, or fanned the hate on both sides of US elections/brexit ref? Troll farms. :troll: Putin loves to fan those flames...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 30
If it makes you feel more confident, our spooks at GCHQ were the ones who first alerted their American counterparts about this.

You misunderstand, my position on the Russian interference is that I dont care about it and if a few twitter hooligans can effect an election its not but a damning indictment of the western democracies anyway.
My point on america is that they cannot be trusted and to be frank Putin raises a splendid point, especially in '07 speech.
Original post by Napp
You misunderstand, my position on the Russian interference is that I dont care about it and if a few twitter hooligans can effect an election its not but a damning indictment of the western democracies anyway.
My point on america is that they cannot be trusted and to be frank Putin raises a splendid point, especially in '07 speech.

Why don't you care about it, exactly? It's not just America Russia's destabilising, it's the west. That includes us over in Europe.

TSR probably isn't immune to Putin's hooligans tbh. In fact, it seems like a great breeding ground. Lots of impressionable young minds to twist out of shape, right?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 32
Why don't you care about it, exactly? It's not just America Russia's destabilising, it's the west. That includes us over in Europe.

TSR probably isn't immune to Putin's hooligans tbh. In fact, it seems like a great breeding ground. Lots of impressionable young minds to twist out of shape, right? It's the same on Reddit, apart from there's a compilation of likely farm-pigs to watch out for. TSR don't seem to loudly monitor it.

Because leaking emails and twitter trolls do not a major incident make. Now if there was proof of fun things like ballot stuffing, bribery and general attempts to misrepresent the electorate that would be a problem. If though, as it stands, you think some malicious advertising on twitter isn't just showing what a *****y state western democracies are in then...

For some reason I get the feeling a potty little forum is somewhat beneath the Russian Federation to gerrymander but who knows I could well be wrong.
At any rate people seem to think that people who approve of Putin in the west are simply ignorant of his misdeeds? I would posit that is entirely false and that people such as my self are well aware of his shenanigans and it is more the blinding hypocrisy of western governments [who do exactly the same as putin and worse] but simply sweep it under the rug.
Reply 33
Original post by Danny Large
Got any evidence for that?

Yes, there is news about it concerning many western countries. There is a Russiagate in the US. Do you use Kremlin.gov to inform yourself?
Yes, there is news about it concerning many western countries. There is a Russiagate in the US. Do you use Kremlin.gov to inform yourself?

Can you give me some actual evidence aside from allegations?

Russia isn't exactly denying the claims...

Ask again once it's all been declassified. Or go talk to Fancy Bear or something.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 36

It's not up to me, use google.
It's not up to me, use google.

Wow you're an idiot. You're here claiming Russia interfered, and when I ask for evidence, you literally have nothing to prove it.
Ask again once it's all been declassified. Or go talk to Fancy Bear or something. Russia isn't exactly denying the claims...

Thanks for admitting you have no actual evidence.
'Hurr wait till its declassified'.
Nothing is there.
The Russia Interference story is a sham.
Reply 39
Wow you're an idiot. You're here claiming Russia interfered, and when I ask for evidence, you literally have nothing to prove it.

Are you Putin's whore?
It's not up to me to prove that the Earth rotates around the Sun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending