My journey to the impossible - A*A*A*A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tom123h456
I predict you will get a*a*a*c

I would be so happy with that to be honest! :u:
Reply 21
I predict you will get a*a*a*c

Ok I'd take that. Not sure who you are or why you're targeting me?
Original post by Becca070600
Hi guys,

My name is Rebecca and you are about to follow my journey.

Let me tell you everything you need to know. I go to a state sixth form in London and I'm currently in Year 13 studying Chemistry, French, Maths and Spanish. In my GCSE's I got 2A* 7As 2Bs which I can't say is the best on TSR but I guess we all have our own measures of success. In my AS results I got ABBC (Spanish, French, Chemistry and Maths) and this year I am predicted A*AAC. I've applied to read modern languages at Oxford, Durham, Surrey, Lancaster and Royal Holloway.

Spoiler

You may be wondering why is it that I've set myself such high and impossible looking aspirational target grades. Well... because I'm overly ambitious, always have been and always will be. I want to prove to myself, my family, my teachers that I can do the impossible if I set my mind to it. I don't live the easiest circumstances at home. Despite this, I am so determined and ready to fight for my grades.

I will try my hardest to post an update everyday but do keep an eye out for my grades and feel free to message me or ask me any questions! :smile:
P.s Follow my studygram @overlyambtiousteenagegirl

IMG_0867.jpg

Hi, im a gcse student who wants to do chem and maths at alevels do you have any tips for me to get them A*. THANK YOU
I would be so happy with that to be honest! :u:

Changed my mind a*a*a*b
Good luck
Original post by Astana
Ok I'd take that. Not sure who you are or why you're targeting me?

I'm sure he didn't mean it to target you! :smile:
You seem like a lovely person - I get where you're coming from I've thought about how unrealistic I'm thinking numerous times :smile:
Your notes are so nice! I wish my notes looked as pretty as yours! I was the opposite of you, thought I was going to do badly and then ended up doing well (A*AA and D* in my btec). Also I did maths (and further) so if you get stuck on a question feel free to message me and I'll try and help a fellow Rebecca out :smile: Good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by faizahx
Hi, im a gcse student who wants to do chem and maths at alevels do you have any tips for me to get them A*. THANK YOU

First tip is to go to every single lesson - don't miss one! Lesson time is where you are going to learn it all! For chemistry I suggest revising the content as you go along and making your flash cards! Don't make flash cards full of info that you are reading off. Make them with an answer and a questions so that it provokes you to think. Then use the specification as a checklist for when your exams are approaching so you are sure you understand everything. Past papers are key to getting an A* in both chemistry and maths so make a list of every single one and tick them off as you do them. Do every single one until you get 100%. Also with maths make sure you're understanding the maths behind it - not just solving the problems then when the trickier questions appear you will have no problem doing them!
P.S Sorry its a bit long :smile:
Changed my mind a*a*a*b
Good luck

You too!
Original post by becmusic12
Your notes are so nice! I wish my notes looked as pretty as yours! I was the opposite of you, thought I was going to do badly and then ended up doing well (A*AA and D* in my btec). Also I did maths (and further) so if you get stuck on a question feel free to message me and I'll try and help a fellow Rebecca out :smile: Good luck! :biggrin:

THANK YOU! You're so sweet! You are blessed with a talent for maths! I will take up your offer some time! Well done for your amazinggggg grades - you must be proud :wink:
Your notes are goals negl
Original post by likklecreamsoda
Your notes are goals negl

Thank you! :tongue:
omg i just clicked on this and i’m shocked its you! i’ve been following your instagram for like a year! haha, what a strange coincidence. good luck btw!! :biggrin:
Hi guys,

My name is Rebecca and you are about to follow my journey.

Let me tell you everything you need to know. I go to a state sixth form in London and I'm currently in Year 13 studying Chemistry, French, Maths and Spanish. In my GCSE's I got 2A* 7As 2Bs which I can't say is the best on TSR but I guess we all have our own measures of success. In my AS results I got ABBC (Spanish, French, Chemistry and Maths) and this year I am predicted A*AAC. I've applied to read modern languages at Oxford, Durham, Surrey, Lancaster and Royal Holloway.

Spoiler

You may be wondering why is it that I've set myself such high and impossible looking aspirational target grades. Well... because I'm overly ambitious, always have been and always will be. I want to prove to myself, my family, my teachers that I can do the impossible if I set my mind to it. I don't live the easiest circumstances at home. Despite this, I am so determined and ready to fight for my grades.

I will try my hardest to post an update everyday but do keep an eye out for my grades and feel free to message me or ask me any questions! :smile:
P.s Follow my studygram @overlyambtiousteenagegirl

IMG_0867.jpg
Original post by fii_xox
omg i just clicked on this and i’m shocked its you! i’ve been following your instagram for like a year! haha, what a strange coincidence. good luck btw!! :biggrin:

Ahahaha what a small world! I haven't uploaded in like a month - I really need to! Good luck to you too! :h:
oh wow your notes are so lovely!
i’m loving your gyg at the moment :smile:
Original post by clouddbubbles
oh wow your notes are so lovely!
i’m loving your gyg at the moment :smile:

Thank you! You're really sweet! :smile:
First tip is to go to every single lesson - don't miss one! Lesson time is where you are going to learn it all! For chemistry I suggest revising the content as you go along and making your flash cards! Don't make flash cards full of info that you are reading off. Make them with an answer and a questions so that it provokes you to think. Then use the specification as a checklist for when your exams are approaching so you are sure you understand everything. Past papers are key to getting an A* in both chemistry and maths so make a list of every single one and tick them off as you do them. Do every single one until you get 100%. Also with maths make sure you're understanding the maths behind it - not just solving the problems then when the trickier questions appear you will have no problem doing them!
P.S Sorry its a bit long :smile:

This is spot on I think
Your notes are so beautiful!
I see you're doing Kiffe Kiffe Demain in French too!- How's it going, do you/your class like the book so far?
I'm sure you'll achieve your targets! :smile:
Thank you! You're really sweet! :smile:

ah thank you xx
Original post by aprilmayjune01
Your notes are so beautiful!
I see you're doing Kiffe Kiffe Demain in French too!- How's it going, do you/your class like the book so far?
I'm sure you'll achieve your targets! :smile:

Thank you! Kiffe Kiffe is great - our class was half half on doing Tartuffe or Kiffe Kiffe. But my teacher decided Kiffe Kiffe would be a lot more fun to read and analyse. I quite like it - especially how sometimes Doria is so bitter but you can love her at the same time! How are you finding the book?
THANK YOU! You're so sweet! You are blessed with a talent for maths! I will take up your offer some time! Well done for your amazinggggg grades - you must be proud :wink:

Aww thank you! I was more shocked at first but my parents and boyfriend were proud. Honestly I was too busy being proud of him because he needed an A and we were worried he wouldn't get it and then he got annA* 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending