The Student Room Group

Man born white says he is transracial and feels Filipino

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IamJacksContempt
Ok so am I am white, born in Ethiopa , my parents are from Northern Europe but I have been raised by an Ethiopian family from birth. Are you honestly saying that If I told you I felt more Ethiopian than to my ancestry, I would be lying?

Makes far more sense than a 40 year old man all of a sudden claiming he feels like a woman.

In cases such as this particular news story you either have to accept and respect this persons decision as you would with transgender people..

or

You recognise both to be a mental illness.

Can't pick and choose.

There is a big difference between someone going "I feel more Japanese than English" if they had japanese influence in their life such as a parent or grandparent but me saying that I am black is factually incorrect, me saying that I am Ethiopian is factually incorrect. sure you can claim you are a woman or claim you are black but you cannot change your gender nor can you change your race.
Original post by Wired_1800
No, you are still using external items to determine how someone feels.

Watch this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5BjfxpF0_c

No its not the same thing he is a self hater from being brainwashed through society
Original post by AperfectBalance
There is a big difference between someone going "I feel more Japanese than English" if they had japanese influence in their life such as a parent or grandparent but me saying that I am black is factually incorrect, me saying that I am Ethiopian is factually incorrect. sure you can claim you are a woman or claim you are black but you cannot change your gender nor can you change your race.

That's fine.

Point was, I just don't like the hypocrisy where people accept the notion that men can claim to be women but a white person claiming to be black is preposterous.
Original post by loveleest
No its not the same thing he is a self hater from being brainwashed through society

It is double standard.
It is double standard.

What? How?
What? How?

Stating that it is okay for Bruce Jenner to change his gender but not okay for Person A to change their race, when we both agree that race and gender and social constructs.

It is discrimination against the transracial community and very wicked.
What? How?

I wouldn’t bother with these disingenuous conservatives, tbh. Slippery slope is their favourite fallacy. Always has been.
Stating that it is okay for Bruce Jenner to change his gender but not okay for Person A to change their race, when we both agree that race and gender and social constructs.

It is discrimination against the transracial community and very wicked.

Yes but gender is also associated with sex
So they are changing their sex according to the way their gender is perceived in society.
They believe their is a mismatch between their gender identity and sex.

Lol its not discrimination. Transracial people are beyond ridiculous and not to be taken seriously.
Person a: why do you want to be black?
Transracial: I love fried chicken.

Do you see how silly this sounds?
Yes but gender is also associated with sex
So they are changing their sex according to the way their gender is perceived in society.
They believe their is a mismatch between their gender identity and sex.

Lol its not discrimination. Transracial people are beyond ridiculous and not to be taken seriously.
Person a: why do you want to be black?
Transracial: I love fried chicken.

"Why do you want to be a woman?"
"Because I love high heels and pretty lipstick."

Original post by ThatOldGuy

Every single page of this thread she's contradicted herself.

No...
Let's not pretend that a man wearing heels, make up and skirts is socially acceptable. Because it isn't and shows a clear sign of gender dysphoria.

A white man can easily enjoy his fried chicken without being black. How is that a clear sign of "Racial dysphoria" (which doesn't exist?)
Anyway done with this convo now on bye
No...
Let's not pretend that a man wearing heels, make up and skirts is socially acceptable. Because it isn't and shows a clear sign of gender dysphoria.

A white man can easily enjoy his fried chicken without being black. How is that a clear sign of "Racial dysphoria" (which doesn't exist?)

Let's not pretend that a white man wearing blackface is socially acceptable. Because it isn't and shows a clear sign of racial dysphoria.

A man can easily enjoy silk underwear without being a woman. How is that a clear sign of "Gender Dysphoria" (which doesn't exist?)
I see this thread has brought out TSR's finest once again.
No...

Being black is not only about fried chicken?

Are you black because you are pushing this stereotype of blacks and chicken.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Every single page of this thread she's contradicted herself.

Well, it's because this is an uncomfortable truth. Uncomfortable at the moment, anyway - When we draw the logical conclusion that 'feeling' like something means you -are- that something, this has to apply to more things. Once it is socially acceptable to be 'racially dysphoric', she'll be on board. Right now, she doesn't like it because it's not socially acceptable and shows the logical holes in the belief.
Being black is not only about fried chicken?

Are you black because you are pushing this stereotype of blacks and chicken.

I know I was giving a sterotype about black people..I could have gave the hip hop/ r n b example
You already know I Am black
(edited 6 years ago)
I know I was giving a sterotype about black people..I could have gave the hip hop/ r n b example
You already know I Am black

Yeah, i know you are black. Just calling you out on the chicken stereotype.
No...

That's not true, you're suggesting that cross-dressing necessitates gender dysphoria - that's not the case, you can enjoy playing a drag act etc. without having to feel uncomfortable as your birth gender.

"Gender Dysphoria" (which doesn't exist?)

The medical community as a whole seems to differ with you on this, care to share your evidence that they've been wrong all this time?
Yeah, i know you are black. Just calling you out on the chicken stereotype.

LOL but it's widely true that black people love fried chicken (not me though)
LOL but it's widely true that black people love fried chicken (not me though)

Ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending