The Student Room Group

in college and still awkward around guys :/

I don't know why, but all my life I could never have a conversation with a guy.. I just end it unconsciously. Also, I get very awkward, very quiet, and I can't even make eye contact sometimes. However, when I'm with my gals or any other girl, I can speak just fine. Funny thing is my best gals are outgoing, beautiful, popular women who are always surrounded by guys. I always try to find an excuse to opt out of group hang outs when there are guys and it really makes me feel horrible. To be honest, it'd be great to have a guy friend and all (maybe even a boyfriend by now), but first I need to learn how to have a convo with a male.. why am I still in my puberty stage :'(
You'll get more confident with time.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
You'll get more confident with time.

I actually never had a job before but I was a sports gal back in high school, team captain and everything, but obviously that just opened myself up to females. I was even a board member for a pretty big club in my high school. AHH what's wrong with me. But thank you for this idea!! I think a job may help my awkward personality a bit!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Do you have any close guy friends? I’ve found that once you have one friend thats a guy it suddenly becomes way easier
Reply 4
Original post by m-k1
Do you have any close guy friends? I’ve found that once you have one friend thats a guy it suddenly becomes way easier

I actually don't have any close guy friends. I think I can pretty much count how many guys I sort of talk to with my fingers. I also found out that about majority of the guys I sort of talk to are feminine.. I just can't seem to start or continue a conversation with like a "normal" guy and I'm guessing that's why I don't have an actual guy I can call a friend. Sad :'(
Reply 5
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Get yourself comfortable around guys by being around them more.

Join a club or something with some male members.

Since my close gals are always surrounded by guys, it's inevitable that I have to be around them sometimes.. BUT I JUST FEEL AWKWARD caus I don't talk to them and only hang out with my girls.

Luckily, my best friend is now an intern to be board for probably the biggest and wildest club on campus. I have been trying to attend the club's events and parties, but coincidently I have night classes, which are during these events. Funny right :biggrin: hopefully next quarter I'll be able to do some events, but I can see myself around my gals AGAIN

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending