The Student Room Group

Eminem just dropped his new song Ft beyonce

[video="youtube;n1WpP7iowLc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1WpP7iowLc[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Omg this is rlly good.
I think it's awful.
Beyoncé going the Legendtina Godguilera route to getting a real hit.
Aww I was looking forward to this song coming out for weeks and I don't like it.
Reply 5
Just doesn't grab me really. The rhythm of the verses is quite strange.
Original post by math42
Just doesn't grab me really. The rhythm of the verses is quite strange.

Yeah i find his flow getting less and less flow-y with every album.
Original post by poopontories
Yeah i find his flow getting less and less flow-y with every album.

Yeah I know what you mean. Breaks down too much.

This is probably the worst song I've heard from him. Corny, dull and all over the place.

If Coldplay made Hip-Hop, it would sound like this song.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Yeah I know what you mean. Breaks down too much.

This is probably the worst song I've heard from him. Corny, dull and all over the place.

If Coldplay made Hip-Hop, it would sound like this song.

He always over emphasises the pun or punchline, as though he thinks people won't notice.

Song aside, I saw this on reddit and annoyingly quite like it

Attachment not found
It's predicted to only sell 55k in its first week in the US. lol Absolutely tanking.

To put this into perspective, Eminem's last lead single sold 300k+, so did his second single, as well as the lead before that.

Beyoncé's "Formation" sold close to 200k during her album release week after the song was released for free for several months.

Bey's remix with the Colombian artist on "Mi Gente", a Spanish song, sold 80k+.

Didn't think I'd see the day Em opening with fewer copies than Lady Gaga's random leftover track ("The Cure") or massive flop ("Perfect Illusion"), Britney Spears's flop ("Make Me (Oh Oh)"), Katy Perry's underperformed lead ("Chained To The Rhythm", which did double that), or any of Taylor Swift's promotional tracks, including the absolutely terrible "Gorgeous" (which sold more despite the 200k+ pre-orders not counting towards its sales).
Original post by Little Toy Gun
It's predicted to only sell 55k in its first week in the US. lol Absolutely tanking.

To put this into perspective, Eminem's last lead single sold 300k+, so did his second single, as well as the lead before that.

Beyoncé's "Formation" sold close to 200k during her album release week after the song was released for free for several months.

Bey's remix with the Colombian artist on "Mi Gente", a Spanish song, sold 80k+.

Didn't think I'd see the day Em opening with fewer copies than Lady Gaga's random leftover track ("The Cure":wink: or massive flop ("Perfect Illusion":wink:, Britney Spears's flop ("Make Me (Oh Oh)":wink:, Katy Perry's underperformed lead ("Chained To The Rhythm", which did double that), or any of Taylor Swift's promotional tracks, including the absolutely terrible "Gorgeous" (which sold more despite the 200k+ pre-orders not counting towards its sales).

OMG I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE STATS LAST NIGHT AND CRRRRINGING

My song my gente by Willy William right?! I listened to that for two hours straight today lol and so I looked on Wikipedia to see how it ranked and the original called voodoo song sung in French and the J. Balvin edit sold like 10x more than the beyonce version 😶 hers didn't chart in several countries whereas mi gente not only charted in every country but topped major countries. it could just be statistics considering how many people natively speak French and Spanish. Which I realised Kong ago when I see strictly French rap getting dozens of millions of views. Then I check the map and see dozens of countries and territories speak Latin languages.

But the remix was to help beyonce not them. Don't you think? And it didn't work 😓 Eminem and beyonce are hoping their collab helps each other. I mean....it'll sell but yea not how they want it. It'll be a bust-a lot put in, a little returned. He needs the black fans again (no need to listen to eminent anymore with black trap and conscious rap coming up and selling so easily) and bey needs the white people who ignore her and who have gone bored of her, for them to individually top let alone together. He did the same obvious thing with Love the way you Lie with Rihanna. But rihanna made it work yet I can't rem any of ems verses....

Back to beyonce I never liked her and I put it all together, she couldn't help Mi Gente sell not that it needed help and formation which I never heard or saw only has 80 mil views (loads) but someone of her status and arrogance should get 1bil. I wonder what's happening industry wise but it's clear creative wise she's lacking and trying to keep up but only has herself to beat. she needs to take a time ouy and stop being thirsty to be #1 and make better creativity and business choices cos her stolen crown is not gonna stop slipping for her and Em needs to give up altogether. he lost it eternally after White America came out. His beats are wack. He need to ask Lamar for tips. 😥
And no I don't feel bad. Beyonce don't pay my bills :closedeyes:

and using black power as a way to make up for writer's block won't wash with me when she literally does 0 for black people and fellow artists besides try to take everything for herself and conveniently make it about race when she loses. Gurl if you don't!

(edited 6 years ago)

I wasn't exaggerating when I said it's probably the worst thing he's done, ignoring obvious trash like Ken Kaniff.

Skills wise he used to be great. Maybe he's ran out of ideas and just wants to put out whatever he thinks will make him the most money, which is OK I guess.
It's a bizarre choice for a lead single as well. Guys are hyped for the new album and you put out a spoken word track over a sad piano? Why :confused:
It's a bizarre choice for a lead single as well. Guys are hyped for the new album and you put out a spoken word track over a sad piano? Why :confused:

cause he 'just dont give a fuh'
Original post by Salt Queen
OMG I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE STATS LAST NIGHT AND CRRRRINGING

My song my gente by Willy William right?! I listened to that for two hours straight today lol and so I looked on Wikipedia to see how it ranked and the original called voodoo song sung in French and the J. Balvin edit sold like 10x more than the beyonce version 😶 hers didn't chart in several countries whereas mi gente not only charted in every country but topped major countries. it could just be statistics considering how many people natively speak French and Spanish. Which I realised Kong ago when I see strictly French rap getting dozens of millions of views. Then I check the map and see dozens of countries and territories speak Latin languages.

But the remix was to help beyonce not them. Don't you think? And it didn't work 😓 Eminem and beyonce are hoping their collab helps each other. I mean....it'll sell but yea not how they want it. It'll be a bust-a lot put in, a little returned. He needs the black fans again (no need to listen to eminent anymore with black trap and conscious rap coming up and selling so easily) and bey needs the white people who ignore her and who have gone bored of her, for them to individually top let alone together. He did the same obvious thing with Love the way you Lie with Rihanna. But rihanna made it work yet I can't rem any of ems verses....

Back to beyonce I never liked her and I put it all together, she couldn't help Mi Gente sell not that it needed help and formation which I never heard or saw only has 80 mil views (loads) but someone of her status and arrogance should get 1bil. I wonder what's happening industry wise but it's clear creative wise she's lacking and trying to keep up but only has herself to beat. she needs to take a time ouy and stop being thirsty to be #1 and make better creativity and business choices cos her stolen crown is not gonna stop slipping for her and Em needs to give up altogether. he lost it eternally after White America came out. His beats are wack. He need to ask Lamar for tips. 😥

"Mi Gente" was actually a success. It went from Top 20 (big Spanish hit) to No 3 on the Hot 100. Non-English songs rarely ever even touched the Top 100.

"Formation" has limited YouTube views because the official video is unlisted (meaning you cannot search for it and it doesn't come up in a suggestion - you'd need a link for it), and the song itself wasn't sent to video or anything. It was also only performed once live, and not in full.

She hasn't actually had a No 1 since getting featured on "Telephone" by Lady Gaga though, and her last lead No 1 was "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)". Since these two, she has had only 3 Top 10s ("Drunk In Love" featuring Jay-Z, "Formation", and the "Mi Gente" feature). She's completely an album artist now.
"Mi Gente" was actually a success. It went from Top 20 (big Spanish hit) to No 3 on the Hot 100. Non-English songs rarely ever even touched the Top 100.

"Formation" has limited YouTube views because the official video is unlisted (meaning you cannot search for it and it doesn't come up in a suggestion - you'd need a link for it), and the song itself wasn't sent to video or anything. It was also only performed once live, and not in full.

She hasn't actually had a No 1 since getting featured on "Telephone" by Lady Gaga though, and her last lead No 1 was "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)". Since these two, she has had only 3 Top 10s ("Drunk In Love" featuring Jay-Z, "Formation", and the "Mi Gente" feature). She's completely an album artist now.

Exactly bad business choices regarding the Formation thing. I never said it doesn't sound good because I did say I never heard it or saw it so. But I did day beyonce needs to make better business choices if she wants to keep her crown cos it's sliding. Album artist, yes. Agreed. Yea I know Mi Gente topped. I said the remix didn't do nearly half as well featuring her, are you saying the remix did well? It really didn't at least definitely not compared to the original(s). Just go look at Willy William's Wikipedia then look at discography and then they show chartings for mi gente. They show -- dash marks for every country the song didn't chart in. Remix has mostly dashes, original has none. So I'm saying beyonce clearly must be the reason. Either those countries just don't care for her addition to it, her in general, or...she made a bad business choice as far as it releasing and promoting well. 😕 Drunk in love was fire seriously but that was for a beat she got sued for. Get me Bodied too. Got sued for creative theft. Idk or care how any of those worked out though. But still.

As far as Eminem well you didn't say much about that lol but I think he's creatively dried up like Wilfred said but the skill is undeniable and unbeatable probably.
I wasn't exaggerating when I said it's probably the worst thing he's done, ignoring obvious trash like Ken Kaniff.

Skills wise he used to be great. Maybe he's ran out of ideas and just wants to put out whatever he thinks will make him the most money, which is OK I guess.

Not sure why he thought Beyoncé would be the one that could give him a hit though. P!nk and Rihanna, yes, and he has worked with them on multiple songs, but Bey hasn't had a No 1 since "Telephone" almost a decade ago. Among her high profile collaborations from that era since - namely "Ego" featuring Dr Kanye West, "Video Phone" featuring Lady GaGa, "Put It In A Love Song" with Alicia Keys, "Party" featuring André 3000, "Drunk In Love" featuring Jay-Z, "Flawless" featuring Nicki Minaj, "Freedom" featuring Kendrick Lamar, "6 Inch" featuring The Weeknd, "Lift Off" with Jay-Z and Dr Kanye West, "Part II (On The Run)" with Jay-Z, "Say Yes" with Michelle Williams and Kelly Rowland, "Running (Lose It All)" with Naughty Boy, "Shinin'" with Jay-Z and DJ Khaled, "Mi Gente" with J Balvin, "Daddy Lessons" with the Dixie Chicks, "Don't Hurt Yourself" with Jack White, "Feelin' Myself" with Nicki Minaj, "Mine" featuring Drake, "Love A Woman" with Mary J. Blige, "See Me Now" with Dr Kanye West, as well as "Just Stand Up!" with Carrie Underwood, Sheryl Crow, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna, Fergie, Leona Lewis, LeAnn Rimes, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Ciara, Ashanti, etc) - only 2 went Top 10.

In the same time span, Em had 4 lead No 1s ("Crack A Bottle", "Not Afraid", "Love The Way You Lie", "The Monster"), in addition to 5 other Top 10s ("We Made You", "Berzerk", "Rap God", "Forever", "I Need A Doctor").
Original post by Salt Queen
Exactly bad business choices regarding the Formation thing. I never said it doesn't sound good because I did say I never heard it or saw it so. But I did day beyonce needs to make better business choices if she wants to keep her crown cos it's sliding. Album artist, yes. Agreed. Yea I know Mi Gente topped. I said the remix didn't do nearly half as well featuring her, are you saying the remix did well? It really didn't at least definitely not compared to the original(s). Just go look at Willy William's Wikipedia then look at discography and then they show chartings for mi gente. They show -- dash marks for every country the song didn't chart in. Remix has mostly dashes, original has none. So I'm saying beyonce clearly must be the reason. Either those countries just don't care for her addition to it, her in general, or...she made a bad business choice as far as it releasing and promoting well. 😕 Drunk in love was fire seriously but that was for a beat she got sued for. Get me Bodied too. Got sued for creative theft. Idk or care how any of those worked out though. But still.

As far as Eminem well you didn't say much about that lol but I think he's creatively dried up like Wilfred said but the skill is undeniable and unbeatable probably.

The remix wasn't a hit in its own right - unlike the Justin Bieber-featured "Despacito" - because the original song was already a mega Spanish hit everywhere. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a success, since a remix isn't meant to be a long-lasting hit most of the time, and it did give it a shiny new peak in the United States, á la the Britney Spears remix of Rihanna's "S&M" pushing it into the penthouse in the country.

Beyoncé is rather known for stealing credits, or more accurately, buying them. She is said to be one of those who insists to have a writing credit on everything for business and image reasons. You can look up the demo to "Smash Into You", where she basically changed only a few words here and there, or the original "If I Were A Boy", where she allegedly "wrote" the harmonies to her cover version, and was subsequently taken off the credits when country queen Reba McEntire covered it.

Her business sense to do the surprise digital drop of BEYONCÉ actually saved her career. I Am...Sasha Fierce moved fewer than half a million copies in the United States despite having both megahits "If I Were A Boy" and "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)", with the moderate hit "Diva", and released during Thanksgiving week, following the multi-platinum B'Day. Then, 4 came, and with the flop "Run The World (Girls)", opening with a decent but disappointing 300k+ copies. At that point, it seemed she was going to fade and never get a hit or a No 1 album after. But the self-titled album changed her reputation entirely, and sold 600k+ just on iTunes for a bit more than 3 days only, and she followed it by Lemonade, which was a similar success, with 600k+, but this time with 7 days, and not entirely a surprise with the HBO release announced already, and "Formation" released a few months prior, as well as another Superbowl performance.
Not sure why he thought Beyoncé would be the one that could give him a hit though. P!nk and Rihanna, yes, and he has worked with them on multiple songs, but Bey hasn't had a No 1 since "Telephone" almost a decade ago. Among her high profile collaborations from that era since - namely "Ego" featuring Dr Kanye West, "Video Phone" featuring Lady GaGa, "Put It In A Love Song" with Alicia Keys, "Party" featuring André 3000, "Drunk In Love" featuring Jay-Z, "Flawless" featuring Nicki Minaj, "Freedom" featuring Kendrick Lamar, "6 Inch" featuring The Weeknd, "Lift Off" with Jay-Z and Dr Kanye West, "Part II (On The Run)" with Jay-Z, "Say Yes" with Michelle Williams and Kelly Rowland, "Running (Lose It All)" with Naughty Boy, "Shinin'" with Jay-Z and DJ Khaled, "Mi Gente" with J Balvin, "Daddy Lessons" with the Dixie Chicks, "Don't Hurt Yourself" with Jack White, "Feelin' Myself" with Nicki Minaj, "Mine" featuring Drake, "Love A Woman" with Mary J. Blige, "See Me Now" with Dr Kanye West, as well as "Just Stand Up!" with Carrie Underwood, Sheryl Crow, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna, Fergie, Leona Lewis, LeAnn Rimes, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Ciara, Ashanti, etc) - only 2 went Top 10.

In the same time span, Em had 4 lead No 1s ("Crack A Bottle", "Not Afraid", "Love The Way You Lie", "The Monster":wink:, in addition to 5 other Top 10s ("We Made You", "Berzerk", "Rap God", "Forever", "I Need A Doctor":wink:.

I agree with your first sentence it pretty much summarises my entire post.

The remix wasn't a hit in its own right - unlike the Justin Bieber-featured "Despacito" - because the original song was already a mega Spanish hit everywhere. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a success, since a remix isn't meant to be a long-lasting hit most of the time, and it did give it a shiny new peak in the United States, á la the Britney Spears remix of Rihanna's "S&M" pushing it into the penthouse in the country.

Beyoncé is rather known for stealing credits, or more accurately, buying them. She is said to be one of those who insists to have a writing credit on everything for business and image reasons. You can look up the demo to "Smash Into You", where she basically changed only a few words here and there, or the original "If I Were A Boy", where she allegedly "wrote" the harmonies to her cover version, and was subsequently taken off the credits when country queen Reba McEntire covered it.

Her business sense to do the surprise digital drop of BEYONCÉ actually saved her career. I Am...Sasha Fierce moved fewer than half a million copies in the United States despite having both megahits "If I Were A Boy" and "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)", with the moderate hit "Diva", and released during Thanksgiving week, following the multi-platinum B'Day. Then, 4 came, and with the flop "Run The World (Girls)", opening with a decent but disappointing 300k+ copies. At that point, it seemed she was going to fade and never get a hit or a No 1 album after. But the self-titled album changed her reputation entirely, and sold 600k+ just on iTunes for a bit more than 3 days only, and she followed it by Lemonade, which was a similar success, with 600k+, but this time with 7 days, and not entirely a surprise with the HBO release announced already, and "Formation" released a few months prior, as well as another Superbowl performance.

I knew lemonade would be major because it had black themes which I felt was a reach as it's something that can't really be ignored or slandered but I don't like that I feel she used it for that sole purpose, "I'm not winning awards, not topping charts, hmm I know I'll do something racially controversial that will surely get nearly every black person in existence to watch and download at least and some guilty white consumers as well. Hopefully that all adds up to be #1. Fingers crossed its avante garde enough to get a grammy too. :crossedf:." :rolleyes:. :lol: Idk it just didn't work for me concept wise or visually or how it sounded tbh. And I'm not gonna riot if she doesn't win grammys either. I will say she has to do a lot for a little and she's willing to do it all it seems lol. But more to the point because if this she's not a good collaboration artist. She's not that cute and people seriously might be tired of her tbh. Black female music is redundant because if her. "If you're not like beyonce good luck" basically. It's not right.

So anyway I agree Idk why eminem thought this would work or vice versa since he's not doing too hit either. she should collaborate with Lamar if she wants to just retain the black music queen title and keep black listeners happy and sales up for them. or if she wants to do a crossover then be a better creator and do it yourself or collab with the right artist like Rihanna with Stay. Maybe Calvin Harris or Major lazer or Ryan tedder..?

Quick Reply

Latest