The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants + freshers chat thread 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _mk
hi i have applied for diagnostic radiography with a btec qualification in applied science
what would placements be like and what hospitals would they cover / what region

Hey mk!

That's great that you've got your application in!

If you want to know more about placements, check out this video:

There's also loads more information on the placement section of our website here, where you can also download our Students Guide to placements.

I hope that helps!
Thanks,
Lydia
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
aKa132
I don't know anyone else who's applied to bcu so i'm not sure. let me know if you get an offer
What course would you like to apply for?
Visual Communication - Illustration
What are you most looking forward to about uni?
Living independently, meeting new people and studying my course
What are you most nervous about?
Portfolio interview
Are you coming to an Open Day?
Already have :smile:
Original post by 1_Zainn_
Is the psychology, criminology course popular? How likely am i if i were to apply to BCU to get an unconditional offer for that course?

I'm applying to psychology with criminology!
Original post by electramoon
What course would you like to apply for?
Visual Communication - Illustration
What are you most looking forward to about uni?
Living independently, meeting new people and studying my course
What are you most nervous about?
Portfolio interview
Are you coming to an Open Day?
Already have :smile:

Hey electramoon :hello:

I'm guessing you'll be moving away from home then if you come to study with us? Did you check out the accommodation at the Open Day? Which did you prefer?
If you're new to Birmingham you can find out more about student life here on our website, but do let us know if you have any questions about it as well!

In terms of the portfolio review, there's no need to be nervous, it's nothing too scary, you'll be fine! If you're worried about how to put your portfolio together, just head to the 'How to apply' tab on your course page here for some portfolio guidance :h:

Good luck!
Lydia
Original post by hannahdlaura
I'm applying to psychology with criminology!

:woohoo:
what are the test like for radiography
Reply 27
i didnt get a c or above in all of my sciences. i only got it in 2 sciences and i wish to apply for radiography. is this ok
I'm already at BCU, started in September and I love it! Well technically I'm at the Conservatoire but still :smile:
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hey electramoon :hello:

I'm guessing you'll be moving away from home then if you come to study with us? Did you check out the accommodation at the Open Day? Which did you prefer?
If you're new to Birmingham you can find out more about student life here on our website, but do let us know if you have any questions about it as well!

In terms of the portfolio review, there's no need to be nervous, it's nothing too scary, you'll be fine! If you're worried about how to put your portfolio together, just head to the 'How to apply' tab on your course page here for some portfolio guidance :h:

Good luck!
Lydia

I checked out Jennens Court and University Locks and preferred the latter. I found it more spacious and overall nicer although it's more expensive
Original post by electramoon
I checked out Jennens Court and University Locks and preferred the latter. I found it more spacious and overall nicer although it's more expensive

Yeah University Locks is newer so slightly more per week. It's also really popular, so if that's your first choice make sure you apply for it as soon as you can one once it opens in March! :crossedf: Keep your eye on this page for when it does.
Hello!
I sent off my UCAS application for Marketing on the 9th of November and also received my acknowledgment email that day! Since then I have received 4/5 of my offers and i’m just waiting on Birmingham City :smile: has anyone received any offers or know anyone that has yet?! Thank you :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by aKa132
Anyone got an offer for computer science yet?

I sent my application for Computer Science a day ago, one day later I got an offer. I guess theres no rush tho, they have until the 3rd May I believe.
Hello, I'm from Cambodia.
Really interested in your MSc International Course of Finance and Accounting. I am planning to apply for next year academic as soon as possible but i still have some doubts regarding the degrees I hold from my country. I have got my Bachelor Degree of Professional Communication in English Language and Certified Accounting Technician of accounting degree. Plus, currently I am an assurance auditor at PwC Cambodia. My question is whether i am eligible to apply for the MSc course above mentioned?
Original post by Nnique25
Hello, I'm from Cambodia.
Really interested in your MSc International Course of Finance and Accounting. I am planning to apply for next year academic as soon as possible but i still have some doubts regarding the degrees I hold from my country. I have got my Bachelor Degree of Professional Communication in English Language and Certified Accounting Technician of accounting degree. Plus, currently I am an assurance auditor at PwC Cambodia. My question is whether i am eligible to apply for the MSc course above mentioned?

Hi Nnique25,

The best thing to do is speak to our international team. You can find their contact details here or email [email protected], they'll be able to advise you on your application and qualifications. :h:

All the best,
Lydia
Original post by laceykirkpatrick
Hello!
I sent off my UCAS application for Marketing on the 9th of November and also received my acknowledgment email that day! Since then I have received 4/5 of my offers and i’m just waiting on Birmingham City :smile: has anyone received any offers or know anyone that has yet?! Thank you :smile:

Hey! :smile: I sent my application off on the 18th of October. I've received 3 out of 5 of my offers and been called for an interview at one of them. Just waiting on BCU as there the only one I've not heard of.
Original post by bethlewx
Hey! :smile: I sent my application off on the 18th of October. I've received 3 out of 5 of my offers and been called for an interview at one of them. Just waiting on BCU as there the only one I've not heard of.

Hey bethlewx,

Sorry you've not heard back yet, our admissions team will be processing your application but if you'd like to contact them to confirm you can drop them an email with your full name, UCAS ID and course applied for at [email protected] and somebody should get back to you.

Thanks!
Lydia
How long does it usually take for BCU to respond to an application? I applied over a month ago and this is the only university I am waiting on a response from.
Many thanks :smile:
Reply 38
Hello!
I have applied for the course Radiotherapy and have an interview on Monday!
I was wondering what to expect from the day, also do we have an admission test?

Thanks!
Original post by wrightyy00
How long does it usually take for BCU to respond to an application? I applied over a month ago and this is the only university I am waiting on a response from.
Many thanks :smile:

I'm waiting on a response too. From what I can tell, everyone is. Maybe they just haven't gotten round to it yet :frown:

Quick Reply