The Student Room Group

MThree Consulting

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone here has come across MThree Consulting or work for them on their alumni roles.

I came across a few adverts from them surrounding Graduate Software Engineers and Graduate Production Support Engineers. Was just wondering what it is like working for them and whether there are any clauses like FDM whereby you are tied to them for a number of years and leaving early means you got to pay for training etc.
Original post by wa5ted
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone here has come across MThree Consulting or work for them on their alumni roles.

I came across a few adverts from them surrounding Graduate Software Engineers and Graduate Production Support Engineers. Was just wondering what it is like working for them and whether there are any clauses like FDM whereby you are tied to them for a number of years and leaving early means you got to pay for training etc.

That sort of thing is not unusual if they are paying for expensive formal training but it's the sort of thing that will come up in the contract. You may also be able to ask about it at interview if you have a good relationship with the interviewers and ask nicely.

@shadowdweller was recently looking for grad roles in this area and may have come across this?
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
That sort of thing is not unusual if they are paying for expensive formal training but it's the sort of thing that will come up in the contract. You may also be able to ask about it at interview if you have a good relationship with the interviewers and ask nicely.

@shadowdweller was recently looking for grad roles in this area and may have come across this?

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I have still applied regardless and believe that I have nothing to lose. I mean at least I will be working somewhere for two years with some money coming in. The main thing for me is experience and contact I guess and sometimes money can't pay a price for things like that especially when you are young :smile:. I know they are recruiting in London which is exactly what I want
Original post by alleycat393

I haven't come across this particular scheme myself, but I did apply to FDM, who explained fairly early on in the process and explained that clause to ensure people were happy to proceed with the application; if MThree has the same thing, I'd hope they'd make it clear to applicants early on in the same manner, so that you can make an informed decision.
@wa5ted FYI above :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by shadowdweller
I haven't come across this particular scheme myself, but I did apply to FDM, who explained fairly early on in the process and explained that clause to ensure people were happy to proceed with the application; if MThree has the same thing, I'd hope they'd make it clear to applicants early on in the same manner, so that you can make an informed decision.

Yeah FDM tried contacting me a few times however I was simply not interested. I heard a lot of negative things about them such as them demanding up to £20K from candidates leaving early and what not. Also heard that you are literally shipped anywhere in the UK and you must go so I strayed away.

I know there are a lot of agencies out there that are willing to help graduates but at a cost. I've been through this route before and wasn't a huge fan of it. But in this case, I guess I got to take the risk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending