The Student Room Group

unsure about a degree

I am planning to take a degree which I am intrested in very much, however I think i might find it too hard. could I change the degree if need to be?
Original post by realmaster
I am planning to take a degree which I am intrested in very much, however I think i might find it too hard. could I change the degree if need to be?

If you get in you will be fine as the uni will know that you will be able to keep up if you meet the entry requirements. Remember that a degree is a step up from A levels so it will be harder so ask for help when you need it. Yes you can change degrees but it will depend on what degree you want to do and whether other unis will consider you and for what year entry.
Take what you're interested in. Even if it is challenging, the tutor team at your uni can help you. Most degrees are challenging (and if you're not challenged then you'll probably be bored!) but if you're actually interested in the subject then you'll be be more likely to work at it when you come up against difficulties
Original post by realmaster

Hi realmaster :hello:

If it is an area you are really interested in then have faith in yourself as you might really enjoy what you choose to study.

Before my undergraduate, I was so nervous about the work load and whether I would find it too challenging but I really enjoyed my course and loved my time at university.

Believe in yourself and study something you really enjoy.

Hope this helps :smile:
Ruth

Quick Reply

Latest