The Student Room Group

Chances for Law at Cambridge 2018?

Hey guys, I sent off my application for Trinity College on 10/10 and I'm just wondering what my chances are of getting an interview.
I take the IB Diploma and the typical offers for law are 40-42 points with 776 at Higher Level.
I got predicted a total of 42 but I only have 766 at Higher Level. I'm wondering how likely it is to be invited to an interview?
Reply 1
Original post by davidli1324
Hey guys, I sent off my application for Trinity College on 10/10 and I'm just wondering what my chances are of getting an interview.
I take the IB Diploma and the typical offers for law are 40-42 points with 776 at Higher Level.
I got predicted a total of 42 but I only have 766 at Higher Level. I'm wondering how likely it is to be invited to an interview?

There's really not much point people guessing at this stage. You'll find out for sure quite soon.
Reply 2

I applied to Cambridge for Law as well, may I ask if you've received an interview invitation yet?
Reply 3
Original post by kmc03
I applied to Cambridge for Law as well, may I ask if you've received an interview invitation yet?

No I have not! I applied to Trinity and I have heard that their invitations for law applicants are typically released at around 20-24 of Nov, so I guess I'm still safe for a few more days. Are you an international (non-EU) student?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
No I have not! I applied to Trinity and I have heard that their invitations for law applicants are typically released at around 20-24 of Nov, so I guess I'm still safe for a few more days. Are you an international (non-EU) student?

Neither have I. I hope you receive one soon !! Yes, I'm an international student, you?
Reply 5
Original post by kmc03
Neither have I. I hope you receive one soon !! Yes, I'm an international student, you?

Yep, I am as well. Quite surprising as I thought Cambridge would give out invitations earlier for international applicants in order for them to arrange their travels accordingly. Anyways, best of luck to you as well! Which college did you apply for?
Reply 6
Yeah, I thought so too. Thank you so much! I applied to Gonville & Caius College. By the way, did you choose to be interviewed in Cambridge or overseas?
Reply 7
Original post by kmc03
Yeah, I thought so too. Thank you so much! I applied to Gonville & Caius College. By the way, did you choose to be interviewed in Cambridge or overseas?

I chose to be interviewed overseas but then I also said I would be able to travel to Cambridge if I was given an interview there
Reply 8
I chose to be interviewed overseas but then I also said I would be able to travel to Cambridge if I was given an interview there

Same for me! Although I'd really like to visit Cambridge if I get an interview
Reply 9
Do you mind telling me which subjects are you taking? Just curious.
Original post by kmc03
Do you mind telling me which subjects are you taking? Just curious.

English A Lang & Lit HL
Business Management HL
Physics HL
Chinese B SL
Chemistry SL
Maths SL

What about you?
Reply 11
English A Lang & Lit HL
Business Management HL
Physics HL
Chinese B SL
Chemistry SL
Maths SL

What about you?

English A Lang Lit HL
Business Management HL
Geography HL
Chinese A Lang & Lit SL
Biology SL
Maths Studies SL
Reply 12
Are you applying to anywhere else apart from the UK?
Original post by kmc03
Are you applying to anywhere else apart from the UK?

Just PM me for the sake of keeping this thread on topic
Original post by kmc03

How did your interview with Caius go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending