The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I currently go to Blackheath, and I have no intention of staying on
I need to study.
Also, quite many "state schoolers" didn't get in.
Original post by magnaviribus

good for you!
Original post by physicseastldn
I guess I can forward to you the papers I would have been looking at right now for the general paper which you sit on the interview day.
Would you mind if you pm'ed me your email? Just to share it with you on google-docs, It is a good collection of 50-60 general or tsa papers similar to the westminster ones and most are around 20 minutes long.
My plan was to do atleast 3 every day. Oh well.

Would you seriously do that for me thank you so much!
Original post by Sana_Blondel
Would you seriously do that for me thank you so much!

Why should I keep them to myself? Just send your gmail and I'll share the folder with you. You can make a copy or etc
Original post by Sana_Blondel
I go to Nonsuch High School for girls,

Entrance Subjects I picked:
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Biology

A-level subjects I plan on taking
Physics
Maths
Chemistry
Biology

Achievements in Sport (past 12 months)
Blue belt in judo

Achievements in Music (past 12 months)
None (but I have a grade 7 in Piano)

GCSE Predicted Grades
9s in maths, biology, chemistry, physics, rs, geography, french
8s in art, english lang and lit

Current Academic Achievements
Russian A*

Career Goals
Cambridge or Oxford - Medicine or Finance

Current Sixth Form Offers-Updates
Westminster: Interview
St Pauls Girls: Interview

I found out that I got an interview for Westminster today and I am so happy :colondollar:

i got offered an interview for Westminster as well! how are you going to prepare for it?
Original post by fendicroissant
i got offered an interview for Westminster as well! how are you going to prepare for it?

Loads and loads of TSA. As far as I have heard, the importance of things goes:
TSA (it's an academic school, what d'ya expect)
General interview (they want to know what you can give to the school
Subject interviews (just to see if you are teachable and see your thinking process, so you should think aloud)
:smile:
Reply 67
I also got an interview for Westminster.
Entrance subjects
Maths with Further Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Original post by magnaviribus

Blackheath high?
Original post by whatsgoingonn
Blackheath high?

I genuinely think it is a troll
please ignore it :smile:
I genuinely think it is a troll
please ignore it :smile:

I get the same impression :smile:
I guess I can forward to you the papers I would have been looking at right now for the general paper which you sit on the interview day.
Would you mind if you pm'ed me your email? Just to share it with you on google-docs, It is a good collection of 50-60 general or tsa papers similar to the westminster ones and most are around 20 minutes long.
My plan was to do atleast 3 every day. Oh well.

Hi! Would you mind sharing the papers with me as well? I'm from Hong Kong, and don't have much idea on how to prepare for the test :/ Thanks so much!!
Original post by fakeintellectual
Hi! Would you mind sharing the papers with me as well? I'm from Hong Kong, and don't have much idea on how to prepare for the test :/ Thanks so much!!

I'm so so sorry I never saw this before, lots of notifications.
Please message me your gmail urgently!
I will turn my notifications on, and hopefully send the folder to you before the end of today. 18/11
hope everyone had a great interview today and how was your general paper??
The thinking skills assessment was as expected, similar to the past paper Westminster provided and it consisted of 30 questions. The subject interviews were quite mixed and I was given the impression that it depended on good chemistry between the interviewer and I more than the difficulty of questions. However it didn’t leave me with a definite feeling of being offered a place or not. But I know that if I’m not accepted it’s because it isn’t the school for me ☺️
Original post by snowball01
The thinking skills assessment was as expected, similar to the past paper Westminster provided and it consisted of 30 questions. The subject interviews were quite mixed and I was given the impression that it depended on good chemistry between the interviewer and I more than the difficulty of questions. However it didn’t leave me with a definite feeling of being offered a place or not. But I know that if I’m not accepted it’s because it isn’t the school for me ☺️

what subjects did you do today?
Original post by snowball01

You shouldn't think like that, of course you will get an offer. Just be optimistic till you are told otherwise :smile:

Interviews always rely on chemistry between the interviewer and candidate so how did you think it went?

Also why do you think Westminster isn't the school for you? If you want to succeed or go on to great universities then of course it is the school for you..
Original post by jupiiter
it's about more than that though, isn't it? i mean, westminster is bang smack in the middle of london. some people are better suited to schools in less urban areas and there are plenty of countryside boarding schools where pupils 'succeed' and 'go on to great universities'. if somebody is driven and is destined, for want of a better word, to succeed, chances are they'll achieve that success no matter where they are. my current school is in no way comparable to westminster, but a good number of people go to oxbridge each year and the ib results are some of highest in the country. i for one am realising now that sure, i would've loved to westminster, but i couldn't take the subject combination i wanted and ultimately that would've left me quite unhappy. westminster isn't the be all and end all and for some people it just isn't the right school.

I get your point.
How was your interview? Did you get one? If I've forgotten I'm sorry there are quite many replies to this thread
i don't understand why I didn't get an interview at Westminster? It has left me doubting my ability. Other schools of the same calibre have asked me to interviews and offered me places. Westminster my dream school didn't even ask me to interviews. I keep hoping something went wrong and they'll call me and say, sorry your paper slipped through our fingers. I think dream world is definitely better than reality.I don't know how to get over the disappointment.
Original post by tigress.million
i don't understand why I didn't get an interview at Westminster? It has left me doubting my ability. Other schools of the same calibre have asked me to interviews and offered me places. Westminster my dream school didn't even ask me to interviews. I keep hoping something went wrong and they'll call me and say, sorry your paper slipped through our fingers. I think dream world is definitely better than reality.I don't know how to get over the disappointment.

For the most part I was disappointed too. But I have to realize that it is alright and ok. It is better that I get used to rejection now and carry on being motivated than to get demotivated in January (God-forbid I get rejected from Oxbridge in 2 years) as a result of a rejection.

I was also silly to think that they'd select half boys and half girls. Didn't really take it seriously that they wanted to admit mainly girls to sixth form.

Oh well. Let me just say that, the majority of people who get rejected from Westminster School go to other great schools, and they get great results too at GCSE and A-level.

A school can only do so much.

Latest