The Student Room Group

Australian University Requirements (GCE A LEVEL grades)?

What is the usual requirement for an engineering based undergraduate course? I have tried looking for them myself, but the websites often don't give it or it is too vague, like for example for my course, it states that I need a '11'.
I don't understand, like what a level grades (A's, B's etc) would I need to get in order to achieve the '11 A level points?
Reply 1
Original post by yellowflashdude
What is the usual requirement for an engineering based undergraduate course? I have tried looking for them myself, but the websites often don't give it or it is too vague, like for example for my course, it states that I need a '11'.
I don't understand, like what a level grades (A's, B's etc) would I need to get in order to achieve the '11 A level points?

---

The ATAR equivalency is calculated from results in three Advanced Level (A2) subjects, where A*=6 A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1. Up to two Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level results may be included and will be calculated based on A=2.5, B=2, C=1.5, D=1, E=0.5.

The "11" is the ATAR equivalent score. So, 11 would be something like BBC.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
^ i Think you got the right answer.Don't you?
What do you need in UK points to study nursing in Australia
Reply 4
Original post by Laurynxxxx
What do you need in UK points to study nursing in Australia

If memory serves its BBB but it can varies between universities
An aggregate score of 10 from General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced (A) Level and Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level subjects including at least two A Level pass subjects.A Level and AS Level qualifications issued by: Pearson/Edexcel; Cambridge/CIE; AQA; CEA; OCR; WJEC.Aggregate is calculated based on the best three A Levels. AS Levels can be included and are counted as half of an A Level.A*=6, A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1, U=0 for A Level subjects; andA(a)=2.5, B(b)=2, C(c)=1.5, D(d)=1, E(e)=0.5, U=0 for AS Level subjects.

-Can anyone help me interpret what this means in terms of calculating the aggregate? This is for QUT. -
Would anyone know what the GCE A level requirements be if the ATAR score is "98"??
Reply 7
Original post by RighteousEater
Would anyone know what the GCE A level requirements be if the ATAR score is "98"??

Well, A*AA is 97 so I will say A*A*A, pls refer to this website which is how KCL converts ATAR to A-Levels https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/entry-requirements/international

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending