The Student Room Group

Failed my 4th driving test

Failed my fourth driving test this afternoon because I messed up my reverse park, otherwise I would of passed with 5 minors. All besides my first test have been the same: 1 major and only a couple minors. I really don’t want to continue but my parents are forcing me and now I have to study under the new test. Any advice? Do I give it up or am I just being silly?
Don't give up! Driving is such a great skill to have. Please keep going. It took my former boss 8 attempts to pass.
Reply 2
Original post by UniWasEz
I feel that people that fail 3+ times should do what's best for the rest of society and hang up the keys then just give up on the driving dream. Already way too many dangerous drivers out there.

And how many of those drivers are people who passed in less than three tries. I’m by no means a dangerous driver. I just make silly mistakes things like not overtaking another driver.
Don't give up.
I wanted to when I failed the first time, though my parents pushed me to do it again, and what do you know, I took it again and passed.

Just keep going at it, you'll get it someday.
Original post by chlxem
Failed my fourth driving test this afternoon because I messed up my reverse park, otherwise I would of passed with 5 minors. All besides my first test have been the same: 1 major and only a couple minors. I really don’t want to continue but my parents are forcing me and now I have to study under the new test. Any advice? Do I give it up or am I just being silly?

Its ok i guess you should try it atleast one more time ,last time.
I would stop having lessons. There is no shame in not being able to drive.
I would continue. I know of people who passed on their 5th or 6th etc
And in the UK last I checked, the record was 29 test iirc.
Is it the same major? Is it nerves?
Reply 7
The major is either I clip the kerb while reverse parking or doing a turn in the road. Or my other major is when I didn’t overtake another vehicle.
Reply 8
Original post by KingHarold
I would stop having lessons. There is no shame in not being able to drive.

Thing is I can actually drive. My instructor can’t seem to figure out why I keep failing. Every lesson before the test goes extremely well but the second it’s an examiner I get nervous. I’ve never had a major for anything that would have caused harm to someone else, just bumped the kerb during a turn in the road or once because I didn’t overtake.
Original post by Chaz254
You fail if you get only 1 major. A major can be something as small as bumping the curb when reverse parking. Are you really saying that these people are dangerous drivers?

And rightly so. If you are hitting curbs then you are lacking in your ability to control your vehicle/observe your surroundings. So yes, they are dangerous.
Eventually you'll get a perfect lesson. I didn't care when I failed my first test and now I'm glad I did; if I passed that day I was an accident waiting to happen - I learned so much on the run up to my second even though I'd already had over 50 hours that when I first took to the roads alone earlier this week I was just sad I no longer had my instructor to talk to. Our last few lessons were a glorified social event. I still sometimes mutter to myself now because I'm all alone and so used to talking to him :frown: Actually been contemplating pass plus just to have him around again for a bit longer and because I am piss poor on motorways; I am that one driver everyone hates to be behind because I don't trust anyone else.

Quick Reply

Latest