The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lord_Mediocre
This is ridiculous, you can only beat what is put in front of you and AJ has done that constantly.

Daniel Dubois is a good young prospect but he’s still developing and it’s crazy to suggest he could beat AJ in a couple of years. The kids fighting nobodies at the moment something AJ has been through already and demolished all comers including from heavy weight kingpins. That is too much pressure on a young Dubois.

Get his **** out of your arse. You're making out like AJ has been an unstoppable force of nature who's convincingly beat the best of the best when that's simply not true. Let's just ignore the fact he barely beat an ancient Wlad and got wobbled by Dillian Whyte.

Joshua looks better than he is because of the competition around him. If he were to fight Fury he'd get shown up massively.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Get his **** out of your arse.

Other way round?
Fury would need two warm-up fights for AJ. Ali needed two after he came back from his exile, and he still lost to Frazier. I can't see it happening.
Original post by Mackay
Fury would need two warm-up fights for AJ. Ali needed two after he came back from his exile, and he still lost to Frazier. I can't see it happening.

Frazier’s an ATG though, Joshua’s a big stiff idiot
Chisora is currently fighting 16-0 (but untested) Kabayel for the European title, and looks like he's going to lose on points.

EDIT: Chisora lost by MD (one judge had it a draw, the other two had it 115-113 and 115-114 to Kabayel).

Huge loss for Chisora.
(edited 6 years ago)
Wilder just destroyed Stiverne in round one. That power tho. AJ needs to stay away from Wilder for a good few years yet imo.
Stiverne’s a bum but impressively handling of him all the same. I can see why Hearn is eyeing a stadium bout for it in the UK - and you could argue not enough people over here know Deontay, so having him face Whyte in Feb/March, then go on to face AJ in a May/June Wembley blockbuster, is smart all round.

Edit: that said, AJ bouts sell out no matter what, so if both want it, just get it made.
Wilder fights 34 pounds (15kg) lighter than AJ, yet looks so much more fluid and powerful with his punches.

I'd prefer Tyson's odds against Wilder (after a few comeback fights) than I would AJ's.
Finally.. after a long time out of action following surgery and personal issues, Amir Khan is back! Straight onto the set of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! All that talk about being in the ring by the end of the year.. he could potentially (unlikely as he should be in the ring early 2018) make an in-ring return two years after his last fight.
DeGale fighting next month, Selby on the undercard.
Amir Khan confirmed for I'm a Celeb... He's back with is wife too.....
Original post by Mackay
DeGale fighting next month, Selby on the undercard.

Says he's fighting Caleb Truax 28-3-2, one of those defeats was to Jacobs.

Selby has got Eduardo Ramirez 20 and 0, he's ranked about 13 with the IBF.

It is what it i suppose, don't see any upsets on the whole card really. But at least it should be a better card than that Cardiff joke.
Original post by Fizzel
Amir Khan confirmed for I'm a Celeb... He's back with is wife too.....

Those Prescott and Canelo ko's have done something to his head. I'll call it now, the Brook fight will never happen.
Original post by Drummond
Those Prescott and Canelo ko's have done something to his head. I'll call it now, the Brook fight will never happen.

You could have called that two years ago!
Original post by Mackay
You could have called that two years ago!

Two years ago i would have predicted it been happening around now, when it should of happened back then. Now i'm saying it won't happen.
Original post by Drummond

Wouldn’t speak too soon, that fight has a long expiry date
Frampton's back. He faces Horacio Garcia tomorrow night. I expect he's eyeing a big Windsor Park bout vs Santa Cruz, or Selby.
Got my Eubank v Groves tickets! Going to be a mad weekend with the lads. Manchester here we come! Oh and lock up your daughters in fallowfield :biggrin:
Original post by larryboy
Got my Eubank v Groves tickets! Going to be a mad weekend with the lads. Manchester here we come! Oh and lock up your daughters in fallowfield :biggrin:

As Paulie told Broner... ‘You don’t get laid!’
Anyone keen for Lomachenko-Rigondeaux tonight? Its been a pretty poorly promoted fight I think, plus its a bit of a mismatch.

Lee Wylie has made another video. I always enjoy his videos before a fight.

Doubt I'll stay up for it but I'll certainly catch it tomorrow most likely.

Latest