The Student Room Group

Winter Pool

I was just wondering if an applicant (international or domestic) had any chance to be placed in the winter pool if not invited for interview at the chosen/allocated college. Is there any chance to be placed in the winter pool even if not invited for interview or is it a "for sure" rejection?
Original post by frosty977
I was just wondering if an applicant (international or domestic) had any chance to be placed in the winter pool if not invited for interview at the chosen/allocated college. Is there any chance to be placed in the winter pool even if not invited for interview or is it a "for sure" rejection?

No, the winter pool is after the interviews, so not getting invited is a "for sure" rejection.
Reply 2
Original post by CompSciCat
No, the winter pool is after the interviews, so not getting invited is a "for sure" rejection.

So that means the applicants not invited to the interview will be receving their official "unsuccessful" decison early i.e. before January, right?
So that means the applicants not invited to the interview will be receving their official "unsuccessful" decison early i.e. before January, right?

Yes

More likely this month as all interview invitations (and rejection without interview) go out before the end of this month.
I understand winter pool interviews are in January. Does it mean that international students will be invited to go to UK and do interviews again if they are placed in the winter pool?
Original post by OverseasParent
I understand winter pool interviews are in January. Does it mean that international students will be invited to go to UK and do interviews again if they are placed in the winter pool?

Only a small proportion of those placed in the winter pool have to re-interview. I think 800 get offers from it and 50 reinterview. Of those 50 I’d imagine very few are international. So yes it could happen but it’s very unlikely.

Majority of poolees who get offer from another college do so without re-interview by a fishing college, anyway.
If you’re an international, it’s even more likely you’ll be fished without re-interview.
Thanks for the answers.
Reply 9

No. They don't generally reinterview internationals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending