The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial college civil engineering applicants for 2018 entry

Hey people. I assume there wasn't one before in student room . So, feel free to post anything that you are interested in about imperial civil engineering application.

For home students people, did anyone received an interview offer so far?( or they called a recruitment day)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Hi,
I sent off my application in September and had my recruitment day on 8th Nov!
Reply 3
Original post by CoraB
Hi,
I sent off my application in September and had my recruitment day on 8th Nov!

Hi, I've applied and have my recruitment day on the 6th of december. I was just wondering what sort of things can i expect form the day.
Reply 4
Hi lads, I sent off my application on 13 October and just got an invitation to attend recruitment day on 6th December
Reply 5
Original post by jolof
Hi, I've applied and have my recruitment day on the 6th of december. I was just wondering what sort of things can i expect form the day.

There’s a bit of a teamwork thing at the start and then there’s the test which is really nothing to worry about. As long as you know as maths/ physics and have done some really low level civils wider reading it should be fine. After that there’s a tour/ lunch/ experiment but these aren’t bad at all. Interview wise people go with professors in groups of three to talk about stuff(?) . Everyone had something different but not bad at all.

Basically the whole day is no where near as scary as you (me before I went lol) think it will be. If you’ve already done physics mocks/PATs etc I’m not sure there’s anything you can revise to help. I was never asked general things like ‘why imperial but everyone’s interview was different.

Hope this helps. If there’s anything else you need feel free to asks/PM etc.
Reply 6
Original post by CoraB
There’s a bit of a teamwork thing at the start and then there’s the test which is really nothing to worry about. As long as you know as maths/ physics and have done some really low level civils wider reading it should be fine. After that there’s a tour/ lunch/ experiment but these aren’t bad at all. Interview wise people go with professors in groups of three to talk about stuff(?) . Everyone had something different but not bad at all.

Basically the whole day is no where near as scary as you (me before I went lol) think it will be. If you’ve already done physics mocks/PATs etc I’m not sure there’s anything you can revise to help. I was never asked general things like ‘why imperial but everyone’s interview was different.

thanks man, thats reassuring
Does anyone know when do they roughly send out offers/rejections?
Original post by CoraB

Hi,Thanks for that. Two questions: I am a home student and was requested to do an online video for them. Was that the case for you as well?For the experiment, may I ask what it was?
Reply 9
Original post by poitrert123
Hi,Thanks for that. Two questions: I am a home student and was requested to do an online video for them. Was that the case for you as well?For the experiment, may I ask what it was?

No, I was never asked to do that! No idea , sorry! Without saying much the experiment is really really reallly nothing to worry about and is closer to being a demo. Hope this helps
Reply 10
Does anyone know what will be the online questions for international students? The launchpad system one. Thanks
Reply 11
I just got my offer through (27th Nov at 22:17). A* maths and then A*A in Fmaths and physics in either order!! About three weeks after recruitment day 😁😁😁
Reply 12
Original post by CoraB

so were the questions just on AS maths and AS physics?
Reply 13
Original post by jolof
so were the questions just on AS maths and AS physics?

Pretty much! There might have been a tiiiiiny bit of. C4 but it was basically C2 so don’t worry. There’s a bit of civil wider reading-y suff but realistically you should have already encountered it so don’t worry.
Reply 14
Original post by CoraB
Pretty much! There might have been a tiiiiiny bit of. C4 but it was basically C2 so don’t worry. There’s a bit of civil wider reading-y suff but realistically you should have already encountered it so don’t worry.

thanks!!
I went to the recruitment day on 22nd November and still haven’t heard anything back, the wait is killing me
Has anyone heard anything from the department?
I am from Barcelona so I guess that is why I did not a recruitment day and they only made me do a video interview. I also got an offer the same week as you!!!
Reply 18
Original post by mariaduque00
I am from Barcelona so I guess that is why I did not a recruitment day and they only made me do a video interview. I also got an offer the same week as you!!!

Awesome!! Is it going to be your firm choice?😊
Of course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending