The Student Room Group

can you be suspended for filimg a fight

i got suspended for filming a fight. is it fair to be suspended for that? and its off school grounds
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If the rules say you can’t then yes it’s fair
It’s a childish thing to do anyway
Original post by jeims.12
i got suspended for filming a fight. is it fair to be suspended for that? and its off school grounds

well if it wasn't on school grounds then they can't really do anything , was this during the school day e.g on a trip or something . Or was this during the weekend
i got suspended for filming a fight. is it fair to be suspended for that?

Completely fair while investigations are concluded.

Did you have consent to record the incident? Why did you film it? For what purpose? With whom have you shared the content?

What did you do to stop/limit the fighting? What else have you recorded and shared without consent?

Are you some kind of voyeur?
Reply 4
Original post by uberteknik

Did you have consent to record the incident? Why did you film it? For what purpose? With whom have you shared the content?

What did you do to stop/limit the fighting? What else have you recorded and shared without consent?

thanks for replying so fast. i didnt really have consent because i think its legal to film in a public space. and i filmed it because people told me to. i shared it to the girl who fought because they were constantly text me for the video. i didnt stop the fight because i didnt expect the girl to actually fight the other girl.
Reply 5
Original post by uberteknik

I may be wrong, but isn't it legal to film/photograph anyone in a public space (don't know if the fight was in a public area), without needing consent of others?
Reply 6
yes in my city it is completly legal to film in a public space.
PM me the vid please lol

u filmed it so u can hand the footage over to the police if they came, but they didnt. u didn't try to stop the fight because u didn't want to put urself in danger and have no legal obligation to. tell the school u expect a thank u from them - cos without ur footage they would have never known about the fight.

it wasn't on school grounds; it was in a public place. tell them to do 1. u did nothing illegal and weren't in school so they can't impose their code of conduct on ur private life.
(edited 6 years ago)

Did anyone get knocked out?
Reply 9
Original post by Kevin Hodge

no the girl said she was but she was lying.
Original post by Kevin Hodge
come on there are no KO's in girl fights just hair pulling and windmill uppercuts. the victor is the girl who has the better hair grip.
Was it during school hours? Lunchtime?
Some schools punish you for doing things that are against school rules if you still have your uniform on for example, on the way home
It will all be in the forms you signed when you started. The pupil agreement
Unfortunately, we all abide by rules we don’t like. That’s life
Lmfao I did the same once, didn't get suspended...
Reply 13
Original post by big ledba
PM me the vid please lol

u filmed it so u can hand the footage over to the police if they came, but they didnt. u didn't try to stop the fight because u didn't want to put urself in danger and have no legal obligation to. tell the school u expect a thank u from them - cos without ur footage they would have never known about the fight.

it wasn't on school grounds; it was in a public place. tell them to do 1. u did nothing illegal and weren't in school so they can't impose their code of conduct on ur private life.

right i didnt want to get in the fight because 1 theyre girls and im a big guy and that wouldnt mix well. and i didnt want to get charges on me.
Reply 14
Original post by big ledba
come on there are no KO's in girl fights just hair pulling and windmill uppercuts. the victor is the girl who has the better hair grip.

exactly what happened but with hoodie pulling....
right i didnt want to get in the fight because 1 theyre girls and im a big guy and that wouldnt mix well. and i didnt want to get charges on me.
nah dont say that.. u gotta flip it on em. if they're punishing u because u broke school rules be like 'where was the teacher to break it up?'. it's their duty not urs.

if they hit u back with 'it wasn't on school premises nothing we could do' then say since it wasn't on school premises it's a matter for the police not the school (dw u didn't do anything illegal).
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Sammylou40
Was it during school hours? Lunchtime?
Some schools punish you for doing things that are against school rules if you still have your uniform on for example, on the way home
It will all be in the forms you signed when you started. The pupil agreement
Unfortunately, we all abide by rules we don’t like. That’s life

no it was not during school hours and i go to a catholic school where there isnt a uniform.
no it was not during school hours and i go to a catholic school where there isnt a uniform.

What was the reason/explanation for your suspension?
They must have told you when they excluded you
Reply 18
Read your schools byelaws but i would imagine yes, most schools will treat you as being culpable for doing that.
If anyone was in a recognisable uniform (tie, badge, blazer etc) then you may have got suspended for damaging the reputation of the school or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending