I'm a babe magnet with the muscles to prove it. Who needs PE?:smug:

:dumbells:
Original post by 04MR17
Glad I didn't do PE

I'm a babe magnet with the muscles to prove it. Who needs PE?:smug:

:dumbells:

hahahaha
it used to be compulsory in our school!
a lot of people were glad this year that they could drop it and take music or drama instead :biggrin:

(this didnt make me happy!! i wanted to do PE and music...)
Original post by clouddbubbles
hahahaha
it used to be compulsory in our school!
a lot of people were glad this year that they could drop it and take music or drama instead :biggrin:

(this didnt make me happy!! i wanted to do PE and music...)
But you know that the curriculum always prioritises the most important subjects. We all know that surds are essential to life.
Original post by 04MR17
But you know that the curriculum always prioritises the most important subjects. We all know that surds are essential to life.

yes sadly :frown:
i’m totally gonna use surds in my everyday life after i leave school.... (haha no)
had another day off school! :headbang:

ok, in all seriousness, i shouldn't have gone in yesterday (even though i did go in late anyway) - i came home weak, emotional, tired and worse than when i left
it was okay though, and i got another day off today :biggrin:

i'm definitely feeling a lot better, i've just got an awful cough and still feeling quite weak! :sick:

you all seemed quite surpised at how productive i was on monday (and i did it all in bed!)
today I GOT OUT OF BED *woopwoop*
and wrote up notes for my biology test which I think is tomorrow?! it might've been today for all i know...

later, or in the next few days, I'm going to do a subject-specific-help-revision-guide-what-i-do-thing on sciences :groovy:
so look forward to that!

i guess i didn't miss much at school today, just an essay deadline...
and i spent most of the day watching dance moms aside from biology revision :blushing:

let me know how your day was!
what did you do?
how did you find it?
what are your plans for this evening?

- anya :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
hey anya, hope you're feeling much better!
Original post by mez_merising
hey anya, hope you're feeling much better!

yes thank you!
how was your day?
wooo! actually went in today...

the day went by so quickly and it was a bit boring but anyways,

B i O L O G Y
i had my test and it was honestly the HARDEST thing i’ve done in a long time, i also had a coughing fit half way through so i used up time outside drinking water but 1. i didn’t have time to answer everything and 2. it was all so difficult and very much ‘application’ based - there was also loads of percentage change questions?! i’m not feeling positive about getting it back :frown:

E N G L i S H
did group work on analysis of chapter 5 frankenstein but we only did one page of it - still not in the whole ‘analysing’ mood either... should get more done tomorrow though!

R E
confirmed my test mark (24/27, which was a grade 8 in the end - just wish i’d gotten a grade 9!) and started new topic on catholic practices, went over the sacraments etc.

M A T H S
we did sequences and finding the nth term, again i did it last year and we didn’t really build on anything we’d done previously so i was a bit bored. as always it was nice to consolidate my knowledge but i was eager to be challenged :/ i’m so weird with maths, i struggle but i don’t, it honestly depends on the topic!

G E O G R A P H Y
got my test score back! i said previously that i found the test really easy and i’m pleased that i got a good mark that showed what i could do.
i’m ANNOYED that i lost so many easy marks in the earlier section of the paper where there were lots of 1,2,3 mark questions - i was so close to getting them right! luckily i managed to get full marks on all of the 6 and 9 mark questions (somehow? i have no clue how?) so it bumped my score up : i got 33/40, 83% which is a grade 8. again i’m kicking myself because i could’ve easily got a 9!

i’m now on the bus after my V i O L i N L E S S O N where i started a piece from my grade 5 book - exciting times ahead! :smile:

not gonna do much tonight, just a bit of physics revision, i’ll be glad to relax

i’m also feeling a lot better!

how was your day?
anya :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

B i O L O G Y
i had my test and it was honestly the HARDEST thing i’ve done in a long time, i also had a coughing fit half way through so i used up time outside drinking water but 1. i didn’t have time to answer everything and 2. it was all so difficult and very much ‘application’ based - there was also loads of percentage change questions?! i’m not feeling positive about getting it back :frown:

E N G L i S H
did group work on analysis of chapter 5 frankenstein but we only did one page of it - still not in the whole ‘analysing’ mood either... should get more done tomorrow though!

R E
confirmed my test mark (24/27, which was a grade 8 in the end - just wish i’d gotten a grade 9!) and started new topic on catholic practices, went over the sacraments etc.

M A T H S
we did sequences and finding the nth term, again i did it last year and we didn’t really build on anything we’d done previously so i was a bit bored. as always it was nice to consolidate my knowledge but i was eager to be challenged :/ i’m so weird with maths, i struggle but i don’t, it honestly depends on the topic!

G E O G R A P H Y
got my test score back! i said previously that i found the test really easy and i’m pleased that i got a good mark that showed what i could do.
i’m ANNOYED that i lost so many easy marks in the earlier section of the paper where there were lots of 1,2,3 mark questions - i was so close to getting them right! luckily i managed to get full marks on all of the 6 and 9 mark questions (somehow? i have no clue how?) so it bumped my score up : i got 33/40, 83% which is a grade 8. again i’m kicking myself because i could’ve easily got a 9!

i’m now on the bus after my V i O L i N L E S S O N where i started a piece from my grade 5 book - exciting times ahead! :smile:

not gonna do much tonight, just a bit of physics revision, i’ll be glad to relax

how was your day?

Glad you're feeling better today! :hugs: And well done on those test results! 8s are incredible grades, and you can always aim for 9s in your next tests :biggrin:
You seem to do so much extra-curricular stuff - how do you fit it all in and have time for revising? :shock: you must be very efficient! :yep:
Original post by Protostar
Glad you're feeling better today! :hugs: And well done on those test results! 8s are incredible grades, and you can always aim for 9s in your next tests :biggrin:
You seem to do so much extra-curricular stuff - how do you fit it all in and have time for revising? :shock: you must be very efficient! :yep:

aw thanks :smile:
yeah i’m happy with 8’s really but it’s sooo annoying when i know i could have got a 9!

yes i do - sooo much! mostly sports and a music lesson every week 🤷🏼*♀️ here’s how i organise it:

MONDAY : swim coaching 6-8 so i’d do something before or after to make good use of time
TUESDAY : swimming 7:30-9 i’d revise etc. before swimming
WEDNESDAY : swimming 8-9 same as tuesday, i have time to revise before as its in the evening
THURSDAY : violin lesson straight after school (so when i get home i have time to revise all evening)
FRIDAY : martial arts, usually volunteer with little ones from 6-6:45 then train until around 8:30? friday is usually a day off of revision for me!!
SATURDAY : obviously this is a weekend so i have more time to fit around - id usually swim in the evening 6:30-8 so revise during the day or id ski in the morning 9-10:15 and revise for the rest of the day
SUNDAY : skiing 9-11:30 then i’ll either revise or do something else, like shopping :biggrin: and every so often i swim in the evening 4-5 haha!

that’s basically my timetable, so i’m pretty busy!
i also have competitions and other things that obviously don’t fit into my normal schedule, and sometimes i’ll do after school clubs at school such as hockey or netball :s-smilie:

also something to bear in mind is at the moment i’m in year 10, with a limited amount of things to revise, and while i’d like to keep my week timetable as normal as possible i think i will leave out more and more things as i get closer to the big exams!
and another thing - i’m being plagued by sports injuries at the moment so i’m getting time off, i haven’t really done anything all week! it means i can dedicate more time to study :smile:

it’s quite normal to me now and i feel so empty when i can’t do all these things! somehow i’ve learned to revise around everything too!

B i O L O G Y

E N G L i S H

R E

M A T H S

G E O G R A P H Y

how was your day?

Well done on making it into school! Are you enjoying chapter 5 (apparently it’s the climax of the novel! Well the first one) ??
I thought it was a bit unrealistic as he didn’t really describe any of the process of creating the you know what (not gonna spoil it) also Shelley jumps around sooo much!
Well done on the geography and I’m sure you’ll have done fine on the biology!
When are you taking grade 5 violin? Good luck for when you do, if you practise you’ll do brilliantly!
aw thanks :smile:
yeah i’m happy with 8’s really but it’s sooo annoying when i know i could have got a 9!

yes i do - sooo much! mostly sports and a music lesson every week 🤷🏼*♀️ here’s how i organise it:

MONDAY : swim coaching 6-8 so i’d do something before or after to make good use of time
TUESDAY : swimming 7:30-9 i’d revise etc. before swimming
WEDNESDAY : swimming 8-9 same as tuesday, i have time to revise before as its in the evening
THURSDAY : violin lesson straight after school (so when i get home i have time to revise all evening)
FRIDAY : martial arts, usually volunteer with little ones from 6-6:45 then train until around 8:30? friday is usually a day off of revision for me!!
SATURDAY : obviously this is a weekend so i have more time to fit around - id usually swim in the evening 6:30-8 so revise during the day or id ski in the morning 9-10:15 and revise for the rest of the day
SUNDAY : skiing 9-11:30 then i’ll either revise or do something else, like shopping :biggrin: and every so often i swim in the evening 4-5 haha!

that’s basically my timetable, so i’m pretty busy!
i also have competitions and other things that obviously don’t fit into my normal schedule, and sometimes i’ll do after school clubs at school such as hockey or netball :s-smilie:

also something to bear in mind is at the moment i’m in year 10, with a limited amount of things to revise, and while i’d like to keep my week timetable as normal as possible i think i will leave out more and more things as i get closer to the big exams!
and another thing - i’m being plagued by sports injuries at the moment so i’m getting time off, i haven’t really done anything all week! it means i can dedicate more time to study :smile:

it’s quite normal to me now and i feel so empty when i can’t do all these things! somehow i’ve learned to revise around everything too!

Wow!! That's so much :eek: but yeah I see how you can fit stuff in - and it's good that you usually do your sports quite late as I know if I did them that I'd be far too tired to even think about doing work afterwards! :lol:

And yeah I keep forgetting that your workload is a lot smaller than mine! (I follow a lot of fellow A Level students' blogs on here so I tend to get into that bubble sometimes :redface:) so I suppose it is pretty manageable :smile:
Hope the injuries heal quickly! :colondollar:
Original post by Toastiekid
Well done on making it into school! Are you enjoying chapter 5 (apparently it’s the climax of the novel! Well the first one) ??
I thought it was a bit unrealistic as he didn’t really describe any of the process of creating the you know what (not gonna spoil it) also Shelley jumps around sooo much!
Well done on the geography and I’m sure you’ll have done fine on the biology!
When are you taking grade 5 violin? Good luck for when you do, if you practise you’ll do brilliantly!

haha thank you!
chapter 5 is good and i agree! the whole running away to clerval thing is a bit ?? what is going on ??
i’m not clear with what’s going on but i should understand more when we go through the whole chapter as a class! and don’t you worry i know the plot etc. as we watching the national theatre production of it :P

hopefully i did ok on the biology... *shakes head* i’m sure i failed oops...

i don’t know when i’m taking it (usually i do) but i think ive started really early so i have lots of time to perfect my pieces and syllabus, usually i’ve only got a few months but i think this time round we’ll do it spring/summer as i’m not doing gcse music so it doesn’t have to be terribly soon!! thank youuu, it’s the nerves on the day though, ive never gotten a distinction but always scraped a merit :smile:
Original post by Protostar
Wow!! That's so much :eek: but yeah I see how you can fit stuff in - and it's good that you usually do your sports quite late as I know if I did them that I'd be far too tired to even think about doing work afterwards! :lol:

And yeah I keep forgetting that your workload is a lot smaller than mine! (I follow a lot of fellow A Level students' blogs on here so I tend to get into that bubble sometimes :redface:) so I suppose it is pretty manageable :smile:
Hope the injuries heal quickly! :colondollar:

yes it’s A LOT!!
don’t worry, ive still got a workload at least, but it’s not all about deadlines and it’s a lot easier?!
ive also got no coursework in my subjects so that’s a bonus :smile:

i sometimes do wonder how i manage though, often i just revise for a test the night before (oooops...)

thank you :s-smilie: got a few damaged tendons in my shoulders so i have to take a few weeks off swimming but first i’ve got to do a gala this week, next week AND the week after *grrrrrr* !!!
yes it’s A LOT!!
don’t worry, ive still got a workload at least, but it’s not all about deadlines and it’s a lot easier?!
ive also got no coursework in my subjects so that’s a bonus :smile:

i sometimes do wonder how i manage though, often i just revise for a test the night before (oooops...)

thank you :s-smilie: got a few damaged tendons in my shoulders so i have to take a few weeks off swimming but first i’ve got to do a gala this week, next week AND the week after *grrrrrr* !!!

Yeah, you should be completely fine :smile:
Oh lucky! I hated coursework at GCSE :lol:

I do that... :getmecoat: it's not the end of the world!

Oh eeeeek!! Make sure you're careful - don't want you damaging them any further! :redface:
For tests: start at the back.:yep:
Original post by 04MR17
For tests: start at the back.:yep:

noted :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending