The Student Room Group

QUB - Dentistry applicants - 2018 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Revisionguide101
Hey guys! Theres a Whatsapp Chat for dental applicants for 2018 , PM me if you're interested to get added!

Hey! Could you add me to the group? *Thanks! +213 5 52896127‬
GCSEs: 3A*s 8A's 2B's
UKCAT- 812 SJT Band 1
Predicted A*A*A*A*A* and C in EPQ
Applied: QUB, Oxford, Liverpool, Cardiff, Manchester :smile:

ps oxford for biochem btw
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Oxbridge_
GCSEs: 3A*s 8A's 2B's
UKCAT- 812 SJT Band 1
Predicted A*A*A*A*A* and C in EPQ
Applied: QUB, Oxford, Liverpool, Cardiff, Manchester :smile:

ps oxford for biochem btw

Cardiff applicants will have 5+ a* at gcse ( if you only got 3A*s at gcse what makes you think you will get anywhere near 5A* at a level lol), also may I ask what your a levels are?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zxc12390
Cardiff applicants will have 5+ a* at gcse ( if you only got 3A*s at gcse what makes you think you will get anywhere near 5A* at a level lol), also may I ask what your a levels are?

Maths, FM, chem, bio, phy
Reply 24
Does anyone have a rough idea of when QUB is supposed to be getting back to applicants? Has anyone heard anything yet??
Reply 25
Original post by bcm123
Does anyone have a rough idea of when QUB is supposed to be getting back to applicants? Has anyone heard anything yet??

I haven’t heard anything yet! My friend last year got an interview invite the week before her interview, so probably 1st week of December at the earliest! There’s a Dentistry Whatsapp Group chat with lots of 2018 applicants for Dentistry including applicants to QUB (including myself) you are more than welcome to join! Pm me if you’re interested :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Revisionguide101
Hey guys! Theres a Whatsapp Chat for dental applicants for 2018 , PM me if you're interested to get added!

Hey, I can’t seem to PM you, how do I get added to the chat?
Original post by zxc12390

You say that, yet at IGCSE I acheived grades of 3A*'s, 5A's and 2B's yet achieved A*A*A at A level.
In addition, this is in no way a personal dig at you personally but more a generic rant;
The majority of dental applicants that I have come across are rather arrogant and over - confident; two characteristics that do not necessarily go hand in hand with a profession such as dentistry. Talking from a personal standpoint, I suggest you would be wise to change that attitude.
Whats the highest band and score you can get on UKCAT?
Reply 29
Original post by ReadilySalted
Whats the highest band and score you can get on UKCAT?

900 and Band 1 is the highest! Most people get 500-700 average!
Original post by lk99
900 and Band 1 is the highest! Most people get 500-700 average!

Woaaaah!!! What score are you suppose to get to study dentistry at any universities?
Reply 31
Original post by ReadilySalted
Woaaaah!!! What score are you suppose to get to study dentistry at any universities?

They all use the UKCAT scores in different ways! Some unis rank applicants and have a cut off which varies annually! Others use it as an overall percentage of all your academic criteria! It’s worth going onto university websites and seeing how they use it!😁
Reply 32
Got an interview for Queens in 2 weeks time, anyone else heard yet?
Reply 33
Original post by jol0123

Me too!!
Reply 34
Havent heard anything☹ did they only give interviews out for December or could you choose dates for January and February too?
Reply 35
Original post by Si7475
Havent heard anything☹ did they only give interviews out for December or could you choose dates for January and February too?

Only Dec ones were given I think! I didn’t get to pick a time or date it’s just given!
Reply 36
Original post by lk99
Only Dec ones were given I think! I didn’t get to pick a time or date it’s just given!

Thanks! A bit of hope remains
Original post by IGCSETANK
You say that, yet at IGCSE I acheived grades of 3A*'s, 5A's and 2B's yet achieved A*A*A at A level.
In addition, this is in no way a personal dig at you personally but more a generic rant;
The majority of dental applicants that I have come across are rather arrogant and over - confident; two characteristics that do not necessarily go hand in hand with a profession such as dentistry. Talking from a personal standpoint, I suggest you would be wise to change that attitude.

I am in no way overconfident, my point was a valid since if you can't get an A in say biology at GCSE it is highly unlikely you would do at A level. And by you presenting yourself as an anomaly doesn't form a good argument it just shows you are an exception. You are also making a sweeping generalisation about dental applicants when most likely you have met/talked to less than 1% of those applying for the course.
Original post by jol0123

Congratss!!! What are your A level predictions and Ukcat?
Original post by lk99
Me too!!

Congrats! What are your A level predictions and Ukcat score if you dont mind answering? Good luck with your interview:smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest