The Student Room Group

LSE MSC application 2018/19 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by marcoboy1818
Hi,

I have applied LSE MSc IR programme in late October and received a notification today indicate that I am on their waiting list. The email says that I am strong enough to be on their waiting list but they want to gain a better understanding of the applicant pool this year and will get back to me in 8 weeks. The outcome might be positive or negative.

I don’t know if this is a good sign or bad.

I’m from the University of British Columbia. Fingers crossed.

You definitely have a great chance as they were impressed by your profile but the application is still in the early period so they might need extra time to make a delicate comparison. For me it took almost 4 months to receive an offer from LSE so yeah the longer the wait, the greater the chance.

Also UBC (University of British Columbia) is highly prestigious both in Canada and globally so this will obviously add strength to your profile. In fact I had a dream to attend UBC for my undergraduate degree but unfortunately couldn’t get into.

Best of luck with your application !!
Wow, thank you so much for the comment!

In fact I had a dream to attend LSE. Hahaha! I will wait and let you know the outcome. I have heard that people are getting rejected at this stage, so I might just have to wait for a bit longer.

Cheers!

Original post by Nathan9087
You definitely have a great chance as they were impressed by your profile but the application is still in the early period so they might need extra time to make a delicate comparison. For me it took almost 4 months to receive an offer from LSE so yeah the longer the wait, the greater the chance.

Also UBC (University of British Columbia) is highly prestigious both in Canada and globally so this will obviously add strength to your profile. In fact I had a dream to attend UBC for my undergraduate degree but unfortunately couldn’t get into.

just jumping into the comment. I read that you have deferred your offer?

May I know how does the deferring process works? if I get an offer and don't get any funding, I wouldn't be able to attend. I was thinking of deferring to save up enough money.
Applied MSc. in Operations Research and Analytics on 7 October 2017. Received the result today, 17 Nov 2017.

RESULT: NOT SUCCESSFUL.

Good luck everyone!
Reply 64
Original post by Faizfablillah
Applied MSc. in Operations Research and Analytics on 7 October 2017. Received the result today, 17 Nov 2017.

Good luck everyone!

That is sad to hear and I wish the best of luck with your other applications.
Did you receive an email or did your LSE account update?
Reply 65
Original post by HeartnSoul
I have been rejected for MISDI yesterday.

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you will be successful in your second choice and other universities ^_^
Reply 66
Original post by marcoboy1818
Wow, thank you so much for the comment!

In fact I had a dream to attend LSE. Hahaha! I will wait and let you know the outcome. I have heard that people are getting rejected at this stage, so I might just have to wait for a bit longer.

Cheers!

Yes you’re right !!

I strongly believe that you will be able to make it.
Reply 67
Original post by allyscone
just jumping into the comment. I read that you have deferred your offer?

May I know how does the deferring process works? if I get an offer and don't get any funding, I wouldn't be able to attend. I was thinking of deferring to save up enough money.

Of course !! I requested to defer my offer in late October due to unavailability to attend this year. I did so via LSE How Do I form for offer holder and stated the financial situation as a reason to defer. My deferral got approved a few days later and the deposit is required to secure a place but they give you sufficiently long time to do this. If you’re unsure if you will be able to attend after paying deposit you can choose to reinstate your application to the following year intake (some people I know on LSE Facebook group did this and was offered a place for the following year).

Hope this information is helpful for U ^_^
Reply 68

Good luck everyone!

I’m so sorry to hear this but don’t give up. I hope you will be successful in second choice and all other universities you’ve applied for ^_^
Original post by AAA9
That is sad to hear and I wish the best of luck with your other applications.
Did you receive an email or did your LSE account update?

Both email and LSE for You update. Thanks my friend. All the best!
I’m so sorry to hear this but don’t give up. I hope you will be successful in second choice and all other universities you’ve applied for ^_^

Thanks! Changing from technical to non-technical field is a challenging process. I am a senior Petroleum Engineer and wanting to change to a more commercial-related field. All the best to you!
Reply 71
Thanks! Changing from technical to non-technical field is a challenging process. I am a senior Petroleum Engineer and wanting to change to a more commercial-related field. All the best to you!

No worries friend !!

You may explore other options at LSE at which might be more compatible.

In fact, if you’re senior petroleum engineer then you might be interested in Imperial Business school which prefer applicants with strong scientific & math background.
Reply 72
Of course !! I requested to defer my offer in late October due to unavailability to attend this year. I did so via LSE How Do I form for offer holder and stated the financial situation as a reason to defer. My deferral got approved a few days later and the deposit is required to secure a place but they give you sufficiently long time to do this. If you’re unsure if you will be able to attend after paying deposit you can choose to reinstate your application to the following year intake (some people I know on LSE Facebook group did this and was offered a place for the following year).

Hope this information is helpful for U ^_^

Hi Nathan, I received my LSE ID on the 10th of October (submitted on the 3rd) and I am yet to hear back - will be 6 weeks of waiting this Friday. I am really banking on LSE and seeing that a lot of people who applied after me have been rejected already, do you think that it is likely that I have been accepted. I applied to the Department of Geography - which is not as competitive as the others so I think I should have heard back.

Im asking because if it seems that i am likely to get an offer then I will not have to apply to other courses and write personal statements, pay application fees etc.
Reply 73
Original post by AAA9
Hi Nathan, I received my LSE ID on the 10th of October (submitted on the 3rd) and I am yet to hear back - will be 6 weeks of waiting this Friday. I am really banking on LSE and seeing that a lot of people who applied after me have been rejected already, do you think that it is likely that I have been accepted. I applied to the Department of Geography - which is not as competitive as the others so I think I should have heard back.

Im asking because if it seems that i am likely to get an offer then I will not have to apply to other courses and write personal statements, pay application fees etc.

Yes that’s sound promising. If they hold your application further to over 8 weeks then that will definitely be a good sign as they’re impressed with your application.
Reply 74
I have applied around mid October for MSc in Human Resources and organisations. Still waiting to hear back, hopefully before Christmas! Has anyone applied for the same course? :smile:
Hi everyone! I'm gonna apply this weekend for Financial Mathematics, as well as Quantitative Methods for Risk Management. I come from a Hungarian uni (BSc in Economical and Financial Mathematical Analysis), having an average of 4.68/5 as of now. No work experience. Do you guys think I stand a chance? Best of luck to everyone!
Reply 76
Anyone heard from Acc & Finance? It's been 6 weeks and counting. This is slowly killing me, I swear.
Hey Guys!
I've applied for a MSc in International Political Economy (taught) today (22/11/17).

I'm still a 3rd year BA in Applied Economics and Sociology at Kingston University London...
I've concluded the 2nd year with 76% (1st) and I hope to do the same this year.

I haven't done any particular relevant internship (mind that I've just turned 20) but I guess that it should be alright.
Fingers crossed
Good Luck to all!
Has anyone heard back from Development Studies? Its been almost six weeks since I applied, and my application is still under consideration. The wait is killing me :frown:
It is a good sign, because the first round of offers is sending in January. It means that you are strong enough to be held in their pool. Maybe just to wait for a bit longer.

Good luck,

:P
Original post by littlemiss97
Has anyone heard back from Development Studies? Its been almost six weeks since I applied, and my application is still under consideration. The wait is killing me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest