The Student Room Group

Deloitte BrightStart AMA

Hi I’m an International Audit BrightStart at Deloitte and as apprenticeships are on the rise I thought I’d start a thread for anyone looking for any more information on the scheme / tips for applying etc :smile:
What sort of questions are asked in sonlinr immersive assessment and how can I prepare for them?
Original post by haleemahijazi
What sort of questions are asked in sonlinr immersive assessment and how can I prepare for them?

The application process has changed since I first started, but they will expect you to have an interest in the stream you’re applying for. They will probably ask scenario based questions based on business dilemmas (overwhelmed with tasks what do you do, manager asking you for stuff you can’t do etc) just be honest in your approach and research the service line!
If you don't mind me asking - were your A'level grades significantly higher than the minimum requirement? How do you think the selection process is weighted - personal interview / various selection tests? Did you find all candidates that made the final cut were brimming with self-confidence and a cv packed with extra curriculum activities with leadership roles? It seems that employers want these as standard now - where does that leave the late developers ?
Original post by bigwhitemamma
If you don't mind me asking - were your A'level grades significantly higher than the minimum requirement? How do you think the selection process is weighted - personal interview / various selection tests? Did you find all candidates that made the final cut were brimming with self-confidence and a cv packed with extra curriculum activities with leadership roles? It seems that employers want these as standard now - where does that leave the late developers ?

I needed BCC and I got ABC so I wasn’t too far over. I definitely think the interview is what matters most, the director really liked me so that’s what secured the position for me he offered me it there and then. I don’t have much self confidence, I do however have people skills so I think if you have that you should be okay and confidence will develop. My CV did include some extra things yes but other candidates I’ve spoken to did not, so I don’t think you need to have multitasked a million extracurricular things. You need to understand your skill set and utilise it instead of trying to do something you’re not good at. Hope this helped
I applied for Tax Consulting the day Deloitte opened for applications and never heard back from them... Fml
I fulfil all the eligibility criteria
Original post by xannypunanny
I applied for Tax Consulting the day Deloitte opened for applications and never heard back from them... Fml
I fulfil all the eligibility criteria

My friend I applied on the 8th of December and received my offer mid August. The recruitment process is not a speedy one unfortunately it drove me insane waiting around
Original post by JoshNilsson
My friend I applied on the 8th of December and received my offer mid August. The recruitment process is not a speedy one unfortunately it drove me insane waiting around

Oh OK thanks :-) I currently have an apprenticeship offer so I'm not overly panicked about Deloitte but it'd be nice to get through the application process haha
Original post by xannypunanny
Oh OK thanks :-) I currently have an apprenticeship offer so I'm not overly panicked about Deloitte but it'd be nice to get through the application process haha

Where is the offer for? What is it doing?
Reply 9
Hi, I am currently in year 12 and I’m thinking of applying to Bright Start for governance risk and regulation once I finish school.

When looking at the academic requirements it says that you need to have sat 3 a levels in the same year, but I am going to be sitting 2 A levels and an AS in summer 2019, and then an A level in the summer of 2020. I know that I am capable of meeting the grade requirements but I am worried that because I will need to take an extra year to finish my a levels, and I won’t sit all 3 in the same year, it’s is going to affect my likelihood of being considered for the apprenticeship. What do you think??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending