The Student Room Group

MIT, Stanford, LSE, UCL, Columbia?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bant_bus
London

What are your qualifications
Reply 81
Original post by Snufkin
According to his post history he applied for early action at MIT in September, although I thought EA results didn't come out in December.... feeling confident, bant_bus?

Hmm, 135/4653 = 3% international admittance rate...
Original post by Doonesbury
So why reply to an 18 month old post asking the name of the program?

I meant i got into a program at mit. Wondering the name so I can help out others. Got a problem w that?
Reply 83
I meant i got into a program at mit. Wondering the name so I can help out others. Got a problem w that?

So you got into a summer school program at MIT (not actually admitted to the university)
but you don't know the name of the program ...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

... ... ...

... ...

... nope, I've had a think and I have literally no further words now.
(edited 6 years ago)
There actually about 3 programs for international students at MIT. mine was the sutton trust

So you got into a summer school program at MIT (not actually admitted to the university)
but you don't know the name of the program ...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

... ... ...

... ...

... nope, I've had a think and I have literally no further words now.
Reply 85
There actually about 3 programs for international students at MIT. mine was the sutton trust

Sigh.
Sigh.

wahey he's stopped pestering me now !
Original post by cpocha1
What are your qualifications

see the further replies. I did get a few A*s at a level though
Hmm, 135/4653 = 3% international admittance rate...

haha it's hard but 6 students from the UK did it last year. 3 before that and 4 before that.
Original post by Snufkin
According to his post history he applied for early action at MIT in September, although I thought EA results didn't come out in December.... feeling confident, bant_bus?

Hey! Thanks but I actually applied to an Ivy under ED. finger crossed. It's hard but I've put in work, and it's doable
Reply 90
wahey he's stopped pestering me now !

So the name of the summer school program you will be doing (have done? once again, your posts are very confusing) is ... the Sutton Trust MIT Summer School.

see the further replies. I did get a few A*s at a level though

You have completed your A-levels? Did you also do SAT/ACT? How did they go?

haha it's hard but 6 students from the UK did it last year. 3 before that and 4 before that.

From your school or across the UK?

Which major are you planning on at MIT?
So the name of the summer school program you will be doing (have done? once again, your posts are very confusing) is ... the Sutton Trust MIT Summer School.

Nah. just type in sutton trust us @ mit in google

Good. ACT - also good. I guess those are subjective.. so 'good' for top uni standards

From the UK. One got in last year from my school. Engineering but i don't want to apply yo MIT anymore

Just type in sutton trust @ mit into google and you'll see. ACT and A levels went well
Reply 93
Just type in sutton trust @ mit into google and you'll see. ACT and A levels went well

Dude, I'm not the one asking for the name of the program, that was you. I'm very familiar with Sutton Trust and their various programmes...

So, which one is you?
https://www.suttontrust.com/newsarchive/summer-in-the-states/

:smile:
Dude, I'm not the one asking for the name of the program, that was you. I'm very familiar with Sutton Trust and their various programmes...

So, which one is you?
https://www.suttontrust.com/newsarchive/summer-in-the-states/

:smile:

The MIT one...
Who are you btw and why are you asking all this? secondly, I wanted to see if there were other programs I wasn't aware about.
Reply 95
The MIT one...
Who are you btw and why are you asking all this? secondly, I wanted to see if there were other programs I wasn't aware about.

I'm asking for clarifications because your posts are very confusing.

Quick Reply