The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

University of Bradford- clinical sciences 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsgeorgiapaige
I’m honestly not sure at all I’ve asked them a similar question on twitter!

Ok thanks I know nothing and 2 weeks isn’t long at all
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Hello :ciao:

Just to give you a bit more info about the selection day. The day is structured to enable us to asses the personal qualities and communication skills necessary to be a successful healthcare professional and to explore your academic potential.

On the day you'll be taking part in a group exercise and assuming you've applied for the widening participation route to Medicine at Leeds Medical School, you will also have an individual interview.

How you perform in these will dictate whether you are made an offer. But it is also a great time for you to ask any niggling questions you may have and get to know our academics.

Hope this helps,

Emma P
Original post by University of Bradford
Hello :ciao:

Just to give you a bit more info about the selection day. The day is structured to enable us to asses the personal qualities and communication skills necessary to be a successful healthcare professional and to explore your academic potential.

On the day you'll be taking part in a group exercise and assuming you've applied for the widening participation route to Medicine at Leeds Medical School, you will also have an individual interview.

How you perform in these will dictate whether you are made an offer. But it is also a great time for you to ask any niggling questions you may have and get to know our academics.

Hope this helps,

Emma P

Do we have to stay for the talks how long will the day take? Can we just attend the interview and group take? Also where’s best to park? Will the interview be medicine related if I’m applying for the Leeds route? Sorry for a million questions haha
Original post by Hdheimdnbf
Do we have to stay for the talks how long will the day take? Can we just attend the interview and group take? Also where’s best to park? Will the interview be medicine related if I’m applying for the Leeds route? Sorry for a million questions haha

Hello :smile:

The interview is usually a half day long and will include group activities and an interview. We would like those attending to stay for the duration of the day in order to get as much as possible from the experience.

Parking is available on a first come first served basis - you may need to arrange for a visitor's permit, or a day permit from our reception. However, there is parking available on the surrounding streets if there are no spaces available when you arrive.

I cannot advise you what the interview will entail but I can say that you should know your application and personal statement.

Cheers

Joe

The interview is usually a half day long and will include group activities and an interview. We would like those attending to stay for the duration of the day in order to get as much as possible from the experience.

Parking is available on a first come first served basis - you may need to arrange for a visitor's permit, or a day permit from our reception. However, there is parking available on the surrounding streets if there are no spaces available when you arrive.

I cannot advise you what the interview will entail but I can say that you should know your application and personal statement.

Cheers

Joe

Do we need to Bring evidence for widening participation or gcse certificates
Do we need to Bring evidence for widening participation or gcse certificates

Hi :banana:

We do not require you to bring anything to the selection day.

If you are successful at the selection day and we would like to make you an offer, you will then be contacted and asked to provide any relevant documentation.

Cheers

Joe
Hi :smile:

I counted 5 questions...:biggrin: :yeah:

If the ultimate goal is to study medicine, then you would need to apply for the Foundation in Clinical Science / Medicine

However, only those who satisfy the widening participation criteria (found on the course page) are eligible for the transfer to Leeds. Additionally, the transfer is only available to those who have studied the foundation year. There are 2 chances to transfer to medicine:

1. At the end of the foundation year
2. At the end of the first year of the Clinical Sciences BSc (for those who have studied the Foundation the year before).

There are approximately 20 spaces available at each transfer, and whilst we make the recommendations for the transfer, Leeds are under no obligation to accept the recommendations - therefore the transfer is never guaranteed.

The transfer is subject to academic achievement, an application, the BMAT and an interview.

Please be advised, the course and transfer is very competitive. There are approximately 140 spaces on the foundation year - with the majority vying for those 20 spaces...

I hope this helps!

Joe

Hi, would you only be eligible to transfer to the Medicine course if you did the Route 3 Clinical Sciences course, and not the Route 2?
Original post by flyingpanda
Hi, would you only be eligible to transfer to the Medicine course if you did the Route 3 Clinical Sciences course, and not the Route 2?

Hello :banana2:

Route 3 students are the only students who would be eligible for the transfer to Leeds Medical School as you would need to meet the widening participation :smile:

Joe
Reply 28
I've got my interview on the 13th of December, for the clinical sciences/medicine foundation year. has anyone else had their interview yet? what is it like? and what type of questions are asked?
Hello :banana2:

Route 3 students are the only students who would be eligible for the transfer to Leeds Medical School as you would need to meet the widening participation :smile:

Joe

Hey Joe,

Once you’ve had your interview how long does it take for them to get back to you
Hey Joe,

Once you’ve had your interview how long does it take for them to get back to you

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We should be replying to you within 7-10 days.

Cheers

Joe
Thanks for the response! I was wondering this myself. Will it be 7-10 days from now or from the interview date?Thanks!Georgia
Original post by itsgeorgiapaige
Thanks for the response! I was wondering this myself. Will it be 7-10 days from now or from the interview date?Thanks!Georgia

Hello :h:

It's usually 7-10 days from your interview date.

Did you have your interview on the 8th November?

Joe

Joe

I did and haven’t heard back so nervous

Joe

Yes I did :smile:
Hi guys :u:

I've sent you direct messages

:banana:

Joe
Has anyone heard anything, I also had an interview on the 8th of Nov
Original post by Shehabis1
Has anyone heard anything, I also had an interview on the 8th of Nov

Nope have you?
Nope have you?

Nope not yet I rang the university admissions team earlier and they said to expect to hear before the end of next week on whether or not you have an offer.
Original post by Shehabis1
Nope not yet I rang the university admissions team earlier and they said to expect to hear before the end of next week on whether or not you have an offer.

Ok so before next Friday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending