The Student Room Group

Nursing Offers 2017/2018 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kbbt03
I have got an unconditional offer for children's nursing at university of Suffolk. Can't wait!!!!

Hi @Kbbt03 Congratulations on your unconditional offer at Suffolk, I'm really happy for you and good luck in your studies. :smile:
Original post by nelfran29
@MissDetermined Congratulations on your recent offers and your first choice, and good luck on your studies!!! :h: Thanks again for your support on here. :smile:

Thank you! Congratulations on yours too :smile:
Original post by MissDetermined
Thank you! Congratulations on yours too :smile:

@MissDetermined Thank you xxx
Original post by Amy. J S
Hi,

With me hoping to study Adult Nursing next Sept and also intending to apply to both Nottingham and Derby I just wanted to ask you a few questions if you don't mind. Nottingham University is pretty much the dream and the University I am aiming to get to so I'd love to know how the whole application selection and interview process was for you.

Thanks,
Amy. :-)

Hi Amy,

Well I completed my A levels in 2016 with pretty rubbish grades (CDEc) and so I didn't get into university that year :/ I am now currently doing an access to HE nursing course at college and I'm doing well so far :smile: I was initially worried that they wouldn't even entertain the idea of giving me an interview because of the fact that it's a russell group uni, i'd already failed at A-levels once and I had to resort to a college course. However, they actually did want to interview me and meet me in person which I was so happy about!

The interview process was different to what I was used. They don't do English or Maths tests and also no individual interviews. Instead, you watch a presentation and you're able to ask any questions afterwards if you wish. After this they split you into small groups and you basically have to discuss whatever statement the interviewer gives you. It lasts for about 45 minutes and you basically have to try and find a happy medium of not being too shy but not being too dominant (also a biggie is don't interrupt anyone!!). I ended up getting an offer 2 days later which I was really happy with but also really surprised about it because I was very unsure at how i thought my performance was in the interview (apparently it must have been better than I thought!).

I hope this helps you in anyway and feel free to ask me anymore question you might have! ^_^
Hi, on a kind note, to those who don't hold any offers through choices or clearing, University of East London have an Adult Nursing Programme starting in January 2018 (for those who want to study in London that is) Applications are open and you will need to apply directly through their website. Good Luck to all you aspiring nurses out there!!! :smile:

Hope this helps! :wink:

Congrats on your offer Nelfran29, I remember you mentioning south bank was your first choice 👍🏾 I finally heard back from lsbu too and have been offered a place 😬. What branch of Nursing are you doing?
Original post by Minmin89
Congrats on your offer Nelfran29, I remember you mentioning south bank was your first choice 👍🏾 I finally heard back from lsbu too and have been offered a place 😬. What branch of Nursing are you doing?

Hi, @Minmin89, I chose Adult and will be starting in Sept 2017 (Havering Campus), will you accept LSBU as firm?

Congratulations on being offered a place, this is exciting times for us!!! :h:
Original post by baaboo999
Hi Amy,

Well I completed my A levels in 2016 with pretty rubbish grades (CDEc) and so I didn't get into university that year :/ I am now currently doing an access to HE nursing course at college and I'm doing well so far :smile: I was initially worried that they wouldn't even entertain the idea of giving me an interview because of the fact that it's a russell group uni, i'd already failed at A-levels once and I had to resort to a college course. However, they actually did want to interview me and meet me in person which I was so happy about!

The interview process was different to what I was used. They don't do English or Maths tests and also no individual interviews. Instead, you watch a presentation and you're able to ask any questions afterwards if you wish. After this they split you into small groups and you basically have to discuss whatever statement the interviewer gives you. It lasts for about 45 minutes and you basically have to try and find a happy medium of not being too shy but not being too dominant (also a biggie is don't interrupt anyone!!). I ended up getting an offer 2 days later which I was really happy with but also really surprised about it because I was very unsure at how i thought my performance was in the interview (apparently it must have been better than I thought!).

I hope this helps you in anyway and feel free to ask me anymore question you might have! ^_^

So sorry I haven't replied any sooner; been very busy with work and other things lately lol! Thank you for such an informative post. Nottingham is such a desirable University for me and hearing about the interview process a little more has put my mind at rest slightly. From what I know the University seem to have very fair admission policies, and as long as you demonstrate a good understanding of your chosen field of nursing, why you wnat to become a Nurse and all the ideal personal qualities in the job then they are more than willing to make you an offer.
What made you choose Nottingham, if you don't mind me asking? D you live local or are you moving into accomodation?

Good luck in your Nurse training! x
Hi, @Minmin89, I chose Adult and will be starting in Sept 2017 (Havering Campus), will you accept LSBU as firm?

Congratulations on being offered a place, this is exciting times for us!!! :h:

Still undecided, if I do though I'll be based in the Southwark campus.

Definitely exciting times ahead, I really can't wait! Congrats again and good luck with your future studies 🎓
So sorry I haven't replied any sooner; been very busy with work and other things lately lol! Thank you for such an informative post. Nottingham is such a desirable University for me and hearing about the interview process a little more has put my mind at rest slightly. From what I know the University seem to have very fair admission policies, and as long as you demonstrate a good understanding of your chosen field of nursing, why you wnat to become a Nurse and all the ideal personal qualities in the job then they are more than willing to make you an offer.
What made you choose Nottingham, if you don't mind me asking? D you live local or are you moving into accomodation?

Good luck in your Nurse training! x

Yeah I agree they are a very fair uni :smile: I live about an hour away and yes I plan to live in accommodation! I chose Nottingham because I think the whole uni and campus are beautiful, I like the structure and modules in the course, and I have a few friends that go there :smile:
Original post by Minmin89
Still undecided, if I do though I'll be based in the Southwark campus.

Definitely exciting times ahead, I really can't wait! Congrats again and good luck with your future studies 🎓

@Minmin89 Hey, Wow another student for the main campus (Southwark) Congratulations to you once again and Good Luck to you and your future studies, let me know which university you firm and which one you choose for your insurance!!! :h:
Hi,

With me hoping to study Adult Nursing next Sept and also intending to apply to both Nottingham and Derby I just wanted to ask you a few questions if you don't mind. Nottingham University is pretty much the dream and the University I am aiming to get to so I'd love to know how the whole application selection and interview process was for you.

Thanks,
Amy. :-)

Hi Amy!

I know you've said Nottingham is your first choice but I had interview at Derby and you said you're applying there too, if you want any info on what I had to do for my interview etc let me know, I'll be more than happy to help! :smile:

I got my offer 2 days after my interview and I start Adult Nursing at Derby on Monday, nervous isn't the word haha!

Best of luck x
Original post by Joey3694
Hi Amy!

I know you've said Nottingham is your first choice but I had interview at Derby and you said you're applying there too, if you want any info on what I had to do for my interview etc let me know, I'll be more than happy to help! :smile:

I got my offer 2 days after my interview and I start Adult Nursing at Derby on Monday, nervous isn't the word haha!

Best of luck x

Hi,

Thank you for offering your help. Would be nice to know how the beginning of the course starts out in first year so will keep in touch! :smile:
Reply 32
Im planning on doing child nursing. Ive applied to Kings, City, Hertfodshire, Middlesex and Univeristy of West London. Ive been shortlisted from Middlesex University and University of West London. To get offers for child nursing you have to pass your interviews and math and literacy tests first.
Original post by A_T_B
Im planning on doing child nursing. Ive applied to Kings, City, Hertfodshire, Middlesex and Univeristy of West London. Ive been shortlisted from Middlesex University and University of West London. To get offers for child nursing you have to pass your interviews and math and literacy tests first.

Morning A_T_B,

Good luck for your interview at Middlesex!
Do you need any advice? :smile:

Have a great day
Ludovica
Original post by Joey3694
Hi Amy!

I know you've said Nottingham is your first choice but I had interview at Derby and you said you're applying there too, if you want any info on what I had to do for my interview etc let me know, I'll be more than happy to help!

Best of luck x

Hi Jjoey, How are you finding your course? I am due to start in March at Chesterfield campus, Im so excited! Could you please send me a copy of your timetable so i have an idea of the lecture ect and anything you think may prepare me like the structure of first year and placement lengths?

Thankyou so much :colondollar:

Tammy x
Reply 35
Has anyone been invited for University of Essex interview??Am nervous, have mine in January
what are your predicted grades for you to have got an unconditional?
@kofoadesina I applied for Adult Nursing for September 2017 Entry at Anglia Ruskin University (Unsuccessful) The University of Bedfordshire (Unsuccessful) The University of West London (Withdrawal) University of Essex (Unsuccessful) and London South Bank University (Unconditional offer) :smile:

It's been a hard couple of months but worth it when you get offered a place at your first choice. :tongue:
Original post by kofoadesina
Has anyone got any offers for nursing this year? i applied to Coventry, Birmingham, Surrey, Southampton and Hertforshire

I've applied for sheffield hallam, university of Sheffield, Huddersfield, Leeds Beckett and university of leeds.

I have an interview for Leeds Beckett on 7th of Feb, but haven't heard back from any others as of yet! Wish me luck.
Original post by kmcadaml12

@kmcadaml12 I applied with an access to nursing course which was already sought so not predicted just actual grades for LSBU you need merits and distinctions I got in with the minimum requirements honey I believe you need 36 merits and 6 or 9 distinctions you’ll need to check to be sure honey xxx
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by kmcadaml12

@kmcadaml12
So for 2018 entry, please see below, what grades do you have?

Entry requirements A Level BBC and 5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above); or; BTEC National Diploma DMM and GCSEs Maths and English A*-C (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above) or equivalent; or; Access to HE Diploma in Nursing or similar with 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits; and GCSEs Maths and English A*-C (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above) or equivalent; or Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 112 UCAS points; and GCSEs Maths and English A*-C (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above) or equivalent.

Quick Reply

Latest