The Student Room Group

Placement year (Psychology)

I was just wondering if there is any point of me applying to both psychology and psychology with a placement at the same university? Or could I just tell them I want to do a placement year after I get an offer or while at the uni??
Original post by nishabliss
I was just wondering if there is any point of me applying to both psychology and psychology with a placement at the same university? Or could I just tell them I want to do a placement year after I get an offer or while at the uni??

Apply for the one with placement year then you can always decide not to later on, theres no point applying for both
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Apply for the one with placement year then you can always decide not to, later on, there's no point applying for both

The only thing is with that is it's an AAB without placement and AAA with placement and my predicted is AAB so I don't want to risk not getting into the university entirely or I would have done so
Original post by nishabliss
The only thing is with that is it's an AAB without placement and AAA with placement and my predicted is AAB so I don't want to risk not getting into the university entirely or I would have done so

Right I see, just apply for without placement in that case and ask them what you have to do at university to get onto the placement year.
I would contact the uni that you are talking about. At the Bath Uni open day psychology talk, they made it clear that you could NOT transfer onto the placement year course from the standard course. And they asked students to be sure that they apply for the correct course. However, at the Uni of Leeds you would decide after the first year whether you wish to do a placement year/study abroad. So it's worth checking with the Uni that you are applying for.

Quick Reply

Latest