The Student Room Group

Rah, man's ear is clean!!!

So I've had a problem with one of my ears for the last 5 years. I got an infection in it and ever since, I've had a problem with ear wax buildup and lost about 75% of my hearing in it. Been to the doctors several times and they just kept giving me ear drops. They did nothing and I asked about syringing but they said they didn't really do it anymore unless it was an extreme case and it was causing hearing loss in both ears, LOL.

So I bought a kit off eBay and did it myself. Standard syringe with a nozzle on it. Just did the ear drops for a few days to soften the wax, then blasted it all out with water.

I can ****ing hear out of it properly again now :biggrin:

Just felt like sharing that. On with your day, or feel free to comment.

Scroll to see replies

eBay should use to this to promote themselves !! Well done mate!
Original post by FloralLuxe
eBay should use to this to promote themselves !! Well done mate!

The product I used has a good number of very positive reviews already :top:
Send me a link too fam, gotta clean my ears from all the crap i've been hearing :colonhash: (for real though I can use it too)
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
The product I used has a good number of very positive reviews already :top:

So you weren't slightly nervous about what could happen ? :smile:
Did this with micellar water. Worked a charm. The whole olive oil thing is ********.
let's ear it for Woody !!!

:congrats:

:ymca:

:yay:

:woo:
Original post by FloralLuxe
So you weren't slightly nervous about what could happen ? :smile:

Slightly apprehensive, but ear syringing has been going on in the medical field since God knows when so it must be pretty safe :lol:
So I've had a problem with one of my ears for the last 5 years. I got an infection in it and ever since, I've had a problem with ear wax buildup and lost about 75% of my hearing in it. Been to the doctors several times and they just kept giving me ear drops. They did nothing and I asked about syringing but they said they didn't really do it anymore unless it was an extreme case and it was causing hearing loss in both ears, LOL.

So I bought a kit off eBay and did it myself. Standard syringe with a nozzle on it. Just did the ear drops for a few days to soften the wax, then blasted it all out with water.

What? They dont do syringing anymore? Why's that?

Anyway I did a similar thing, put some ear drops and blasted it with a shower head although im not sure its all gone so maybe ill get a kit myself...
If u want a job doing well, do it yourself !:u
Original post by caviardreams
What? They dont do syringing anymore? Why's that?

Anyway I did a similar thing, put some ear drops and blasted it with a shower head although im not sure its all gone so maybe ill get a kit myself...

Apparently if you have a perforated ear drum then it can cause you serious problems and most doctors aren't experienced enough to be able to tell a perforated ear drum from one that's not. If the ear drops aren't working then they could refer you to ENT at the hospital but I also spoke to my mum's friend who's a nurse, and she said I could do it perfectly safely at home so I did just that.
Original post by Supernova36
If u want a job doing well, do it yourself !:u

I always say, if you want something done right, pay someone who's good at it to do it for you :lol: but it seemed simple enough.

Anyway, shoot me a PM and tell me how your week has been sweets :h:
This was oddly satisfying to read.
Original post by Profesh
This was oddly satisfying to read.

In hindsight, I'm a bit sad about my method of choice. I ran the taps on the bath to repeatedly fill the syringe with water easily and just kept them running and I sat on the edge of the bath, so all the wax went down the plughole. If I just filled up the basin and sucked up water from it between squirts then all the wax that fell out into the bath would have stayed there and I could have made a nice little pile and taken a pic of it, cause I'm sure it'd have been quite something.
In hindsight, I'm a bit sad about my method of choice. I ran the taps on the bath to repeatedly fill the syringe with water easily and just kept them running and I sat on the edge of the bath, so all the wax went down the plughole. If I just filled up the basin and sucked up water from it between squirts then all the wax that fell out into the bath would have stayed there and I could have made a nice little pile and taken a pic of it, cause I'm sure it'd have been quite something.

How much do you reckon came out? I once had so much a doctor had to pull it with tweezers
Original post by caviardreams
How much do you reckon came out? I once had so much a doctor had to pull it with tweezers

If I rolled it all up it would have been only slightly smaller than a Malteser I reckon :zomg:
Should've taken a video of it and posted it on YT, the amount of people (including me) that have an interest in that kinda vile nasteh shiz is shockingly high :smile:

Im i'll and my left ear is blocked :frown:
Hopefully its better by next week
Original post by JDieMstr
Should've taken a video of it and posted it on YT, the amount of people (including me) that have an interest in that kinda vile nasteh shiz is shockingly high :smile:

I've literally spent hours just watching ear wax removal videos on teh YouTubez :rofl:
I've literally spent hours just watching ear wax removal videos on teh YouTubez :rofl:

Welcome to the dark side......we got cookiez :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest