The Student Room Group

Mocks

Aaaa I’m actually stressing amount mocks. Like I haven’t stopped working!!!

Scroll to see replies

I just finished mine today :redface: But I've got more in January. What mocks have you got?
Reply 2
All subjects, e.g German, history, geography, English, maths etc. Aaaaa
Good luck!
(Sorry for the late reply :s-smilie:)
I've got history, French, science, maths, English, media studies...:frown: no relaxing for me this christmas.
Mocks are very stressful, I started revising in mid October and my mocks start on the 4th December!! No wonder I'm so stressed.

How do you think your mocks will go? Pass or fail, and it what subjects?
I think I'll do well on most my subjects. However I, think I'm going to do pretty bad in physics in comparison to everything else. Oh, and English has got me in a tight corner: I need to remember poems, Romeo and Juliet, The Sign of Four, Animal Farm...blimey, for the first time in my life I think that maths is honestly the easiest subject.
What about you?
Original post by Awol Nerd
I think I'll do well on most my subjects. However I, think I'm going to do pretty bad in physics in comparison to everything else. Oh, and English has got me in a tight corner: I need to remember poems, Romeo and Juliet, The Sign of Four, Animal Farm...blimey, for the first time in my life I think that maths is honestly the easiest subject.
What about you?

Oh wow! Yeah i think I am going to do really bad in Physics, for our english we do romeo and juliet, sign of four and blood brothers. But our mock is only on romeo and juliet and sign of four, as in year 10, we did it on blood brothers and poetry (power and conflict) I've started enjoying maths now, only took 5 years. Should pass most of my subjects though.
Original post by 50shadesofsleep
Oh wow! Yeah i think I am going to do really bad in Physics, for our english we do romeo and juliet, sign of four and blood brothers. But our mock is only on romeo and juliet and sign of four, as in year 10, we did it on blood brothers and poetry (power and conflict) I've started enjoying maths now, only took 5 years. Should pass most of my subjects though.

Ah so we're pretty much in the same boat :tongue:
Lucky you, in my year 10 mocks I only had to do unseen poetry, so my year 11 mocks is just all the other stuff clumped on top :frown:

I hated maths for my entire life, up until year 9, when I started GCSEs :biggrin:
Ah so we're pretty much in the same boat :tongue:
Lucky you, in my year 10 mocks I only had to do unseen poetry, so my year 11 mocks is just all the other stuff clumped on top :frown:

I hated maths for my entire life, up until year 9, when I started GCSEs :biggrin:

yeah, year 10 for lit was blood brothers, anthology, and unseen. wanted to cry sat there for 2h 15
Reply 9
I'm exactly halfway through my year 11 mocks. And to be honest I was stressing out SO much. But it's not too bad
and most of the time they don't go towards anything...But I still wanna do good.
Original post by Rania01
I'm exactly halfway through my year 11 mocks. And to be honest I was stressing out SO much. But it's not too bad
and most of the time they don't go towards anything...But I still wanna do good.

our mock grades go to the college we apply for so i want to try and make them a bit better. I found in my year 10 mocks I was stressing lots but i was actually okay when i was in the exam hall
yeah, year 10 for lit was blood brothers, anthology, and unseen. wanted to cry sat there for 2h 15

Oh that SUCKS! 2 HOURS!!! FOR ENGLISH??? I admire you. I'd have fainted if they told me I had to sit in an exam room for 2 hours writing about, say, how fair Romeo thinks Juliet is.

I'd love it if there was a bio or chemistry exam that lasted 2 hours, though. I take triple and apparently for my mocks, I have to take three exams for each science. Nine exams in total. Each 1 hour and 30 mins. Physics is gonna be hell :s-smilie:
For your mocks, remember that these are there just to show you where you are and how much work you need to do to get to the top. If you do good, work hard and make sure you sustain that level and if you do badly, then take some motivation from that and work hard to improve yourself. I would be worried if this was my real exam and hopefully when you exams come in May/June, you don't feel stressed and are confident. Good luck
Oh that SUCKS! 2 HOURS!!! FOR ENGLISH??? I admire you. I'd have fainted if they told me I had to sit in an exam room for 2 hours writing about, say, how fair Romeo thinks Juliet is.

I'd love it if there was a bio or chemistry exam that lasted 2 hours, though. I take triple and apparently for my mocks, I have to take three exams for each science. Nine exams in total. Each 1 hour and 30 mins. Physics is gonna be hell :s-smilie:

If you do AQA English Lit, then you'll have to do a 2h15 exam on poetry, and your prose text. Luckily the romeo and juliet paper is combined with sign of four, which is only 1h45....

Our science exams are only 1h15 each, and i did combined, as triple was an option
Original post by Rania01

How do you feel you're doing with you're mocks at the moment?

Good for you that you want to do well. I wish mocks were more frequent so that I could get more practice, to be honest, and to get used to the exam feeling, so by the time I get to GCSEs I won't be stressed at all :tongue:

Good luck with the rest of your mocks!
If you do AQA English Lit, then you'll have to do a 2h15 exam on poetry, and your prose text. Luckily the romeo and juliet paper is combined with sign of four, which is only 1h45....

Our science exams are only 1h15 each, and i did combined, as triple was an option

Oh dear, I'm going to faint now. :frown:

Oh well. I'm not planning on taking English lit for A-level, but I want to end on a high note.

What other GCSEs do you take? As well as triple, I take history, French and media studies.
Oh dear, I'm going to faint now. :frown:

Oh well. I'm not planning on taking English lit for A-level, but I want to end on a high note.

What other GCSEs do you take? As well as triple, I take history, French and media studies.

All the core, Religious Studies, History, German, French and Systems & Control.

I'm not sure on whether to do combined English at a level or maths instead...
Reply 17
our mock grades go to the college we apply for so i want to try and make them a bit better. I found in my year 10 mocks I was stressing lots but i was actually okay when i was in the exam hall

yeah once you get started its ok. I have already applied for colleges and sixth forms and they asked for predicted grades so that's why
Reply 18
How do you feel you're doing with you're mocks at the moment?

Good for you that you want to do well. I wish mocks were more frequent so that I could get more practice, to be honest, and to get used to the exam feeling, so by the time I get to GCSEs I won't be stressed at all :tongue:

Good luck with the rest of your mocks!

So far it's been like up and down. My first exam for maths was extremely difficult but I have 2 more so hopefully it will average out to a good grade. Biology was surprisingly easier than I thought it was going to be. But what I did was focus a lot on maths and biology. So for other subjects I'm having to cram. have chemistry on tuesday so I'm cramming. So yeah don't do that. even out your time for all of your subjects. I want to do well just so I'm relived that there is a chance I won't fail the actual thing.
My school has 2 sets of mocks, the November ones and we have ones in March right before our gcses.
Thank youuu! Good luck with yours too!
(edited 6 years ago)
All the core, Religious Studies, History, German, French and Systems & Control.

I'm not sure on whether to do combined English at a level or maths instead...

Oh cool! :smile: I haven't actually met anyone who takes Religious Studies as a GCSE. How is it?

For A-level, take something based on where you want to go career-wise. I want to go into the medical field, so I'm taking biology, chemistry and maths (apparently we can only take three A-levels now).

In year 10 I was given the oppurtunity to do a Creative Writing A-level. I did, and it was really stressful, but I'm glad I did it. I got a C grade and concluded that writing is just not right for me :redface: so I'm sticking to science.

Quick Reply

Latest