The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

About imperial Chem interview

Hi guys! Just a bit wondering that how many questions are we supposed to be able to answer at an interview? I had mine two days ago and i was really rusty on the organic questions...(it was something that we haven't learnt before) But I answered all the inorganic ones quite quickly. Also does anyone know how long it prob takes to hear back from them? (I did gcse in hongkong and my A2 predictions are A*A*A*A) Thanks!!
Reply 1
Original post by Jess Hon
Hi guys! Just a bit wondering that how many questions are we supposed to be able to answer at an interview? I had mine two days ago and i was really rusty on the organic questions...(it was something that we haven't learnt before) But I answered all the inorganic ones quite quickly. Also does anyone know how long it prob takes to hear back from them? (I did gcse in hongkong and my A2 predictions are A*A*A*A) Thanks!!

Hey, sorry for the delayed reply! Unfortunately that question largely depends on your interviewers and what the questions were as to what they expected. It sounds like you did pretty well though if you managed to answer all the inorganic ones so I wouldn’t worry too much about not knowing the others. The interviewers aren’t expecting you to know everything, they just want you to give it a go!

Last year, I heard back from them within two days of my interview with an offer, however I also know many people who didn’t hear back for several months so it does vary (the amount of time is in no way an indication of how strong your application is!)

Hope this helps and good luck if you haven’t already heard back yet!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by ElleCee
Hey, sorry for the delayed reply! Unfortunately that question largely depends on your interviewers and what the questions were as to what they expected. It sounds like you did pretty well though if you managed to answer all the inorganic ones so I wouldn’t worry too much about not knowing the others. The interviewers aren’t expecting you to know everything, they just want you to give it a go!

Last year, I heard back from them within two days of my interview with an offer, however I also know many people who didn’t hear back for several months so it does vary (the amount of time is in no way an indication of how strong your application is!)

Hope this helps and good luck if you haven’t already heard back yet!

Thank u so much! Did u also apply for chemistry? I do hope I don't have to wait for several months...
Reply 3
Original post by Jess Hon
Thank u so much! Did u also apply for chemistry? I do hope I don't have to wait for several months...

Yep I did, now in my first year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending