The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nessie162
Biochemistry :smile: What's yours?

Bioveterinary at Surrey :smile:
Reply 1461
Original post by kittyschaffer
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone has gotten any interviews yet and if anyone HAS NOT been sent the WEX form for Bristol?

I still haven’t received the WEX form :frown:
Original post by ImiT
I still haven’t received the WEX form :frown:

Me neither 😰😰
Original post by Megan_Kira
I got and email from Liverpool asking about accommodation as I've been invited to interview, however haven't received an email specifically inviting me to an interview or any other information like date, times etc. Where would I find this should I another email or an update on UCAS Track?

When i got my interview for liverpool it was via email.. track still hasnt updated it even though i have it booked and all😂
Original post by Sophie180500
When i got my interview for liverpool it was via email.. track still hasnt updated it even though i have it booked and all

UCAS Track does not record interviews - that is between you and the Uni - UCAS is there for processing the Yes/No decision of any offer/rejection, and then processing exam results and the Uni decision in August, so that is all you will ever see on Track.
Original post by returnmigrant
UCAS Track does not record interviews - that is between you and the Uni - UCAS is there for processing the Yes/No decision of any offer/rejection, and then processing exam results and the Uni decision in August, so that is all you will ever see on Track.

UCAS track changed for my RVC interview....
Original post by Tillyb99

For mine too. I had to accept it via email and track :smile:
Glasgow interviews were also sent via track and the response had to be sent using track also.

Original post by returnmigrant

Ooops, forgot that if a Uni uses the UCAS data system for actually processing applications (instead of their own data-system) that Interviews do show up for applicants. The majority of Unis dont use the UCAS system in this way - so dont expect to see this every time.
Let's talk interviews: how are people preparing for an MMI? I've got one in a few weeks and although have done a practice MMI at school, I'm curious as to how people are going about preparing for theirs.
Original post by funkyfilly27
Let's talk interviews: how are people preparing for an MMI? I've got one in a few weeks and although have done a practice MMI at school, I'm curious as to how people are going about preparing for theirs.

I'd love to try an MMI mock but there is no one to do it with... so I'm a bit lost!

What did you do at your mock MMI?

Those who have interviews at RVC, when did you get the email?
Original post by emilywhitee13

Friday evening
Original post by emilywhitee13

Friday evening also :smile:

i've done a practice mmi too and tbh it made it seem like not much preparation is useful/necessary ?
I'll prob just go through my work experience notes and current issues and have a vague idea about what to say for questions like why vet med
Original post by redonks
i've done a practice mmi too and tbh it made it seem like not much preparation is useful/necessary ?
I'll prob just go through my work experience notes and current issues and have a vague idea about what to say for questions like why vet med

I've heard thats the best thing to do
I've applied to RVC, Liverpool, Cambridge and Edinburgh and only have one interview so am starting to worry :frown:
I have applied to the same apart from Notts instead of Liverpool yet to hear from any of them :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AmeliaM
I have applied to the same apart from Notts instead of Liverpool yet to hear from any of them :frown:

I'm just hoping it works in stages and we'll get our chances because this process is stressing me out more than I initially thought it would :frown: I'm sure we'll hear soon
*** Please can those attending interviews remember not to post any details about MMIs / tests / questions etc on TSR.****
TSR doesnt allow this - its that simple.

(If you think about it, its not in your interests to share this sort of info with anyone anyway - it gives them an extra advantage and may mean they get an offer instead of you)
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending