The Student Room Group

AQA German, 9-1 Higher/Foundation

Hi guys, I am doing higher German for AQA.

I think revising German is really hard, as all the cases, verbs, grammar etc. is hard to learn etc.

Higher or foundation, we have to learn similar things, does anyone have any tips on how to revise German? Thanks in advance...
I do Spanish GSCE and Quizlet is amazing for helping me learn the Spanish vocab
Original post by iwant2die
I do Spanish GSCE and Quizlet is amazing for helping me learn the Spanish vocab

Ah, I'll have to try that!! I do GCSE French aswell as GCSE German, so i 100% get confused
Original post by 50shadesofsleep
Hi guys, I am doing higher German for AQA.

I think revising German is really hard, as all the cases, verbs, grammar etc. is hard to learn etc.

Higher or foundation, we have to learn similar things, does anyone have any tips on how to revise German? Thanks in advance...

quizlet is a great website for vocabulary revision- I take two languages and have found that familiarising yourself with as much vocabulary as you can makes things easier in virtually all aspects of german; it might be useful to do some past papers (I know they're not in the same style but any source of practice will further your knowledge in any foreign language), as well as that, writing paragraphs to prepare you for any topic may also help you..:smile: and finally, make sure to stay on top of grammar and just be aware of the tenses and their exact translations- if you need a hand with any of that, let me know (I'm predicted 8/9 in German)
Original post by ursbhhdb
quizlet is a great website for vocabulary revision- I take two languages and have found that familiarising yourself with as much vocabulary as you can makes things easier in virtually all aspects of german; it might be useful to do some past papers (I know they're not in the same style but any source of practice will further your knowledge in any foreign language), as well as that, writing paragraphs to prepare you for any topic may also help you..:smile: and finally, make sure to stay on top of grammar and just be aware of the tenses and their exact translations- if you need a hand with any of that, let me know (I'm predicted 8/9 in German)

Wow! I'm predicted 6 in German... With the past papers, there are no longer any on AQAS website as it's only current spec (9-1)
Original post by 50shadesofsleep
Wow! I'm predicted 6 in German... With the past papers, there are no longer any on AQAS website as it's only current spec (9-1)

I think you might be able to find them on other websites e.g. revision world- if not, ask your teacher for any spare ones?
Original post by ursbhhdb
I think you might be able to find them on other websites e.g. revision world- if not, ask your teacher for any spare ones?

Yes, I think I'll have to do that, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest