The Student Room Group

Revision help

I have asked this so many times but no one has actually helped me and these GCSE mean a lot to me. Please it would mean a lot if you all posted your revision tips and hacks and how oh revise because I’m sure it will help a lot of people

Scroll to see replies

My opinion
Maths: Videos, notes, past papers ( I also bought the corbett revision cards, they seem great too)
Science: Topic mindmaps, checkpoint quizzes, practise papers
When you revise don't do it for ages without breaks. Revise during the time when you find you work best (e.g. morning, afternoon or evening) and if you know what exam board you are using for each subject and type it in online you could get the topics you need to revise and some sampler questions so you can revise how to answer them
Original post by adamantacademic
My opinion
Maths: Videos, notes, past papers ( I also bought the corbett revision cards, they seem great too)
Science: Topic mindmaps, checkpoint quizzes, practise papers

Thank you so much this is really going to help me, I am doing a revision day today so really need some help, thanks again
Original post by Gerardbutler2017
When you revise don't do it for ages without breaks. Revise during the time when you find you work best (e.g. morning, afternoon or evening) and if you know what exam board you are using for each subject and type it in online you could get the topics you need to revise and some sampler questions so you can revise how to answer them

Most ppl chucked the sheet away with all out exam boards but I think I kept it luckily, thank you so much this so gonna help me a lot
Reply 5
hey Hannah
There are many links for maths ,videos for example I search each topic on youtube ,also search for foundation \Gcse book pdf they are very very helpful
https://www.mathsisfun.com/
dont get distracted and have set times for different topics :smile:
Original post by reim123
hey Hannah
There are many links for maths ,videos for example I search each topic on youtube ,also search for foundation \Gcse book pdf they are very very helpful
https://www.mathsisfun.com/

Do videos help you revise more and remember the content easier??
Original post by safarisafa
dont get distracted and have set times for different topics :smile:

Thank you, I’m always getting distracted like rn I’m supposed to be doing a history project but I’m on here😂😂
Reply 9
hehehehehehe same as me I have test on wenseday and im not into study
but I`m just relaxing a bit and then go get my self settled down to study
Original post by Hannahban04
Thank you, I’m always getting distracted like rn I’m supposed to be doing a history project but I’m on here😂😂

lol i have Spanish chem and physics hw but im on here what a good role model !!!
Reply 12
I like to use Pixl maths for revising maths. While it doesn't tell you where you went wrong, which can be frustrating sometimes, it does make you have to think about where you went wrong, and maybe even research where you went wrong, so you can understand it better.

I also like using the 5 a day activity sheets from Corbett maths, and some of the videos are very good as well.

When I am really stuck on something, I just go to a maths revision session. My teachers like to call it "maths clinic" in my school.
Original post by reim123
hehehehehehe same as me I have test on wenseday and im not into study

My sister got such high grades on her gcse all a and a* so she expects me to get the same
When i revise i like to make summary notes using different coloured highlighters a key. The best method for maths or a language is to teach someone else who doesn't really understand the subject (e.g a parent) this enables you to brake it down and start to understand it yourself.
Original post by Anonymouseight
I like to use Pixl maths for revising maths. While it doesn't tell you where you went wrong, which can be frustrating sometimes, it does make you have to think about where you went wrong, and maybe even research where you went wrong, so you can understand it better.

I also like using the 5 a day activity sheets from Corbett maths, and some of the videos are very good as well.

When I am really stuck on something, I just go to a maths revision session. My teachers like to call it "maths clinic" in my school.

We have pixl maths I never thought it helped but I’ll try it out and I’ll have a look at Corbett maths as I have never used t before, thank you so much
Original post by Hannahban04
Do videos help you revise more and remember the content easier??

yes videos helps alot but make sure to look for the one that explain step by step otherwise you will be annoyed :biggrin:
Original post by Annabel113
When i revise i like to make summary notes using different coloured highlighters a key. The best method for maths or a language is to teach someone else who doesn't really understand the subject (e.g a parent) this enables you to brake it down and start to understand it yourself.

This sounds really helpful I’ll definatelt try it and if I can’t tecah my parents I’ll just teach my cat because it is that same isn’t it?😂 Thank you very much for this
Original post by reim123
yes videos helps alot but make sure to look for the one that explain step by step otherwise you will be annoyed :biggrin:

I get annoyed easily soooo I will😂Thank you very much
hiya sorry for going off topic but could you guys possibly sponsor me ?
im doing a 5k run for GOSH

http://events.gosh.org/goto/Safa_Ahmad

thanks
safarisafa
:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest