The Student Room Group

FP2/3 compared to C3/C4?

Hi all,

I'm currently doing A-Level Maths and Further Maths, about to start FP2 in class. My teacher and some of my peers keep going on about how difficult it is, even compared to C3/C4. What I'd like to know is, is it really as difficult as everyone makes out, even if I'm working at an A* level in C3 and C4?
Reply 1
Original post by SwayzieExpress
Hi all,

I'm currently doing A-Level Maths and Further Maths, about to start FP2 in class. My teacher and some of my peers keep going on about how difficult it is, even compared to C3/C4. What I'd like to know is, is it really as difficult as everyone makes out, even if I'm working at an A* level in C3 and C4?

Which exam board?

I am midway through FP2 edexcel and i will say it is hard to get ur head around some ideas in complex numbers but if u can apply the procedure it isnt too bad.

Its all relative tho, so form ur own opinions instead of listening to others.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Shaanv
Which exam board?

I am midway through FP2 edexcel and i will say it is hard to get ur head around some ideas in complex numbers but if u can apply the procedure it isnt too bad.

Its all relative tho, so form ur own opinions instead of listening to others.

Edexcel, same as you. Thanks for your advice - I am getting a bit sick of my friends who've self-taught it/have private tutors going on about how hard it is - it's as if they're trying to outdo each other.
Reply 3
Original post by SwayzieExpress
Edexcel, same as you. Thanks for your advice - I am getting a bit sick of my friends who've self-taught it/have private tutors going on about how hard it is - it's as if they're trying to outdo each other.

U dont need a private tutor, just a love of maths and a good textbook. IMO u can pretty much get a good understanding by working through the edexcel textbook.

Please out do them all just to prove u are the alpha😂
C3/4 will feel like the basics in FP2/3. I can literally lay you a list of topics from C3/C4 that relates into FP2/FP3 if you want.

In my opinion, C3/C4 is like the foundation of FP2/3 so you can't really compare the difficulty as FP2/FP3 is generally considered harder. (I just repeated myself didn't I?)
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest