The Student Room Group

Got A Letter: TV Licensing are scheduled to inspect my room.

Me and few other people in my student halls have got a letter from the tv licensing saying they will come to our flats soon. Has anyone else got these letters at uni?
Do you watch TV in your flat?

If so, get a license. If not, just fill in the online form saying you don't need one...
Original post by tbeyan
Me and few other people in my student halls have got a letter from the tv licensing saying they will come to our flats soon. Has anyone else got these letters at uni?

Everyone in the hall probably got one unless they have bought a licence. Nothing to worry about if you dont have a TV and watch anything libe or ise i player. You dont need one if your parents have one and you watch things on your latop whist its not plugged in.

They cant come in your room and will not nother you if no ones home.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Do you watch TV in your flat?

If so, get a license. If not, just fill in the online form saying you don't need one...

You're under no obligation to fill in the form.
Original post by Chief Wiggum.
You're under no obligation to fill in the form.

lol, confusing having someone with the same username quote me. :p:

Meh, I don't know the official legal stuff, but filling in the online forms takes about 30 seconds, and will save hassle.
But you could just plug in your laptop and when there's an inspection, hide the charger making sure it's unplugged.

Not really plus theres no need to let them into the flat as they dont have right of entry.
Reply 6
When I was at university I never had a TV incensing letter although (some) flatmates did. I just didn't plug my laptop in when watching iPlayer and I was covered by my parents TV licence. :dontknow:
I don't think you are under any obligation to let them into your room. I would just ignore them.
Reply 8
But you could just plug in your laptop and when there's an inspection, hide the charger making sure it's unplugged.

Better yet: don't allow them entry, and instead spend your time doing something actually productive.
Reply 9
Why can’t I plug my laptop in while watching something on it?..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending