The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by psygo
it's 9:27am...

:smile: I know, I really need to chill out.
Original post by beady556

Yeah, on days when the bands move people usually start to hear from around 9.30, but then continue to hear throughout the day. So don't lose hope that todays the day yet!

Take comfort in knowing you’re not the only one! If there wasn’t this forum to vent the stress on, most of my friends would have stopped talking to me somewhere round the etray.
Has anyone else done the numeracy test for Finance, if I pass this does this mean I need to go to the AC?
Well no one appears to have heard anything so far today...bit of an anticlimax!

Original post by bobblecopter
Yeah, on days when the bands move people usually start to hear from around 9.30, but then continue to hear throughout the day. So don't lose hope that todays the day yet!

:biggrin:

You guys are lucky haha, last year I waited til nearly February for my interview results....! It helps to take some deep breaths and give that poor F5 key a break :smile:

EDIT: just read this and it sounds slight patronising - not my intention! But I've been through the process a couple of times and Parity will almost always let you down with their estimations and waiting times... even if they are doing the process waaay faster this year!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4425
Original post by Lucyobyrne
My dashboard has changed to unsuccessful at sift for social research this morning. I am through for hr and generalist but not sign of an assessment centre yet ? Will I just get an email later?

Hiya, sounds like you’ll get an email later, yeah. Can I ask when you submitted extra info? Thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Seentje
Where does this notion that generalist is less competitive come from? I was always under the impression it was one of the more competitive due to being oversubscribed.

It could well be I am not sure!
Interesting development I wonder if anyone can advise -

I sent off my form for accommodation and travel but didn't get a reply for a while. I forwarded it again with the correct subject line as the last one was wrong and I said I was resending it in case the original had been missed - I wrote something along the lines of: 'please note this is a duplicate, I am re-sending it as I previously sent it with the wrong subject line and it may have been missed'. Obviously as it was a forwarded email, the original sending time and date was visible.

Then I rang up and was told that no emails at all had been received.

However now I have received 2 separate bookings both for the train and hotel!!!

I've emailed straight back and explained what happened. Obviously I should have just held my horses instead of sending it again. However I'm really worried I'm gonna be charged :frown:

I suppose the main thing is that I do have travel and accom abd an FSAC date at least.....
(edited 6 years ago)
Mine also got better as it went on! It seemed to really help trying to enjoy it - you genuinely relax and give a better performance all round, so that’s my one piece of advice for those who haven’t done their FSAC yet! And for those who were fretting about the Analysis Exercise, everyone seemed to be equally panicked. Worth remembering that they don’t expect anything close to perfect in the time given!
Reply 4429
Original post by abc:)
Interesting development I wonder if anyone can advise -

I sent off my form for accommodation and travel but didn't get a reply for a while. I forwarded it again with the correct subject line as the last one was wrong and I said I was resending it in case the original had been missed - I wrote something along the lines of: 'please note this is a duplicate, I am re-sending it as I previously sent it with the wrong subject line and it may have been missed'. Obviously as it was a forwarded email, the original sending time and date was visible.

Then I rang up and was told that no emails at all had been received.

However now I have received 2 separate bookings both for the train and hotel!!!

I've emailed straight back and explained what happened. Obviously I should have just held my horses instead of sending it again. However I'm really worried I'm gonna be charged :frown:

I suppose the main thing is that I do have travel and accom abd an FSAC date at least.....

If it's already been booked then there's no way for them to charge you? No one's out to punish candidates for trying to be organised. Tell them which booking you'll use and just focus on FSAC prep.
Reply 4430
they’ll use the same booking system as the rest of the civil service which means bookings can be cancelled and refunded if not needed. nothing for you to worry about!!

(oops meant to post this as a reply to abc:smile: )
(edited 6 years ago)
For some reason I can't quote 2 people on the app but thanks for the reassurance guys!!!
Has anyone that was in the earlier FSAC received their refund yet? I had mine over a month ago, just wondering if the Fast Stream are silly busy atm or whether they just missed me and I should try and get in touch with them :h:
Hey guys, I'm wondering how to go about a complicated travel booking!
I'm currently living in Madrid so will need to fly to London and stay in a hotel the night before my AC on Friday 8th Dec AM, however I kind of want to make a weekend of it and go and stay with my parents for the weekend... and use the free flights for this !
But I'm not sure how to go about booking, it would mean two different airports as my parents don't live too near London, and the flights would be 3 days apart - do you think if I request this the people making the booking will reject it as they're like paying for a 3 day trip? Or should I just go ahead and book my own flights and hotel and hope they reimburse me?
Original post by lcvvcl
Has anyone that was in the earlier FSAC received their refund yet? I had mine over a month ago, just wondering if the Fast Stream are silly busy atm or whether they just missed me and I should try and get in touch with them :h:

I have received mine; maybe a week and a half ago?
Got through to assessment centre for my second and third choice, generalist and project delivery, but failed at 'sift' stage for first choice social research (i withdrew fourth choice cause couldn't be asked to sit the numerical test) - mixed feelings as really wanted social research but oh well!
I also sent an email to ask about my travel booking form that I sent a week ago and they replied back also saying they never got my form 😕
Original post by Misla
Hiya, sounds like you’ll get an email later, yeah. Can I ask when you submitted extra info? Thanks.

Hi, was about 10 days ago I think. I've got my AC date now, 11th December 8am in London :smile:
Found out this morning that I passed FSAC with a score of 11.26. I really wasn’t expecting to pass at all, hope this helps anyone still waiting :smile:
Original post by shannon_leics
Found out this morning that I passed FSAC with a score of 11.26. I really wasn’t expecting to pass at all, hope this helps anyone still waiting :smile:

well done -what scheme did you apply for?

Latest

Trending

Trending