The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2018!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachlily
NRF AC invite! 🎉

winter or summer? and congrats!
Views on sending a follow-up email after a vac scheme interview?
Reply 1222
Original post by The Demogorgon
I had my interview on Friday and they told me that they would get back to me this week. When was your interview?

October 30th I think, three Mondays ago.

Did Paul say you would hear back this week?
Original post by Driftwood_06
Congrats! When's the AC?

Wednesday :smile:
Original post by lawstudent1991
Just got the Kennedys winter scheme offer! let me know if anyone has any questions for the application - happy to help :smile:

Congratulations! When was your AC and did you receive a call or an email?
Original post by blank101
winter or summer? and congrats!

Winter :smile:
Just got the Kennedys winter scheme offer! let me know if anyone has any questions for the application - happy to help :smile:

I would appreciate some tips.

I'm pretty sure I wrote a decent application and performed well at interview, but the test caught me out.

My feedback was that because I didn't score high enough - any tips on that point i.e. how can I improve my score.

I did ask them what my score was but they wont tell me.
Who did people address the Squire Patton Boggs CL too? finding it hard to track down the correct contact!
Reply 1228
Original post by Digsy
Still waiting for Shearman post-interview for winter vac scheme. The scheme starts in 2 weeks, aren't they cutting it a bit late?

Can I ask when you applied and when your interview was? Ho was it?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1229
I had my interview on Friday and they told me that they would get back to me this week. When was your interview?

When did you both apply? What was interview like?
Original post by wiwir55
When did you both apply? What was interview like?

I applied on the 15th of September. The interview itself was a really positive experience and it felt a lot like a laid back conversation. When is your interview?
Just checked the nrf intranet page and it seems my application has already been rejected (it says unsuccessful next to my app) :frown: onto summer VS apps then it seems
Would really appreciate some help with Bird & Bird video interview if anyone else has got one/ done one!
Anyone know how long A&O take to respond after your app has updated to 'Under Review'?
Original post by Law4all
Congratulations! When was your AC and did you receive a call or an email?

Hi they called to tell me :smile: thanks! my AC was on Friday the 10th
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AgentBlue94
I would appreciate some tips.

I'm pretty sure I wrote a decent application and performed well at interview, but the test caught me out.

My feedback was that because I didn't score high enough - any tips on that point i.e. how can I improve my score.

I did ask them what my score was but they wont tell me.

For sure- Honestly the WG test is horrible. I've done it four times for four different firms ( all this year) and never made it through. The questions are mostly the same, 90% repeated, but to date, I don't know what the right answer has been.

When I got the Kennedys invite, I decided I didn't want the damn test to come in my way (for the fifth time!).

Tips: I bought the assessment day and job prep tests - BOTH. I practiced the hell out of every section and practice test they had for about 6 days. Assessment day was better and only 11£. The job prep test cost me 40£ I think and I didn't find it as useful at all.

I think doing a little bit (max an hour) every day for four-five days will train your brain to answer the questions in a specific way - I'm sure you're hard working, so this is the best way for people like us who may not have amazing logical testing abilities, but can work your way to get there:smile:. Let me know if that helps! and good luck !
For sure- Honestly the WG test is horrible. I've done it four times for four different firms ( all this year) and never made it through. The questions are mostly the same, 90% repeated, but to date, I don't know what the right answer has been.

When I got the Kennedys invite, I decided I didn't want the damn test to come in my way (for the fifth time!).

Tips: I bought the assessment day and job prep tests - BOTH. I practiced the hell out of every section and practice test they had for about 6 days. Assessment day was better and only 11£. The job prep test cost me 40£ I think and I didn't find it as useful at all.

I think doing a little bit (max an hour) every day for four-five days will train your brain to answer the questions in a specific way - I'm sure you're hard working, so this is the best way for people like us who may not have amazing logical testing abilities, but can work your way to get there:smile:. Let me know if that helps! and good luck !

Thanks - It's a shame they don't look at your application holistically but instead it's done in stages with Kennedys.

That's really helpful though. I have been reluctant to purchase any of those practice tests but may do so now, if it is the difference between being a Paralegal for the rest of my life or a Solicitor... LOL
Original post by AgentBlue94
Thanks - It's a shame they don't look at your application holistically but instead it's done in stages with Kennedys.

That's really helpful though. I have been reluctant to purchase any of those practice tests but may do so now, if it is the difference between being a Paralegal for the rest of my life or a Solicitor... LOL

exactly my feelings. I avoided it too long, but I took the chance on it and it actually got me past that stage. So I would say 100% worth it just to give you that fighting chance!
Reply 1238
I applied on the 15th of September. The interview itself was a really positive experience and it felt a lot like a laid back conversation. When is your interview?

Still waiting expecting a PFO - applied late
Hey guys, question on Allen & Overy application : is it better to apply for the vacation scheme ? or direct training contract application. I know a lot of firms hire mostly from VS but not sure about A&O..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending