The Student Room Group

St George A101 (GEM) Graduate Medicine 2018 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ohmills
I scored 58, God damn :frown:

I read from last years thread a two people (who posted on this forum) got an interview with one short of the cut-off. So keep hope and possibly hassle the admissions
Reply 21
Original post by Seez
I read from last years thread a two people (who posted on this forum) got an interview with one short of the cut-off. So keep hope and possibly hassle the admissions

Thank you so much. I will stay hopeful. It was my first choice so a bit bummed out rn
Reply 22
Me too i got 58 and it was my first choice! Ugh man I would hate to do the gamsat again.
Reply 23
I also got 58 but 59 when calculated the alternative way. So annoying :frown:
59 is such an awkward number. Someone on the grad med thread spoke to admissions and they said they would start sending interviews out this week and next week which is so fast
Do SGUL send interview invites by post or email?
Original post by RadStudent2016
Do SGUL send interview invites by post or email?

Last year it was by e-mail.
Reply 27
got 63 in GAMSAT, do we know if they interview everyone who meets the cut off score?
Reply 28
I just received an email saying that interviews will be in February 2018. If you reach the cut off score of 59, they will now check the academic part of your application and you will hear shortly about dates.

If you have a score of 58, then you're placed on a waiting list and if you have a score of 57 or do not achieve at least 50 in all three sections then you are unsuccessful.

Hope this helps.
Reply 29
I got that email too
Reply 30
Does anyone know how the wait list works?
I thought people went on it after interview

(sorry probably a stupid question hah!)
Reply 31
Original post by asarev
Me too i got 58 and it was my first choice! Ugh man I would hate to do the gamsat again.

Original post by Medlyf
I also got 58 but 59 when calculated the alternative way. So annoying :frown:

There's hope!
Reply 32
Original post by ohmills
There's hope!

What were your individual scores?
Fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by Medlyf
What were your individual scores?
Fingers crossed :smile:

64, 58, 55

yep!
Original post by ohmills
Does anyone know how the wait list works?
I thought people went on it after interview

(sorry probably a stupid question hah!)

Hello! So I started the gep course this year so if any one has any questions feel free to ask (although I'm not going to disclose interview questions so don't ask about that).

In answer to your question I think last year they had a waitlist for interviews in case lots of people who made the cut off couldn't make it or declined and this is why some people who scored one below the cutoff were invited to interview in the end. Presumably that is what is happening this year two but they are being slightly more clear about it.

They also normally have a waiting list for after interviews when offers are sent out. This year only one person from the waitlist was subsequently given a place but usually there are more.

Good luck everyone.
Original post by Blofeldz
Hello! So I started the gep course this year so if any one has any questions feel free to ask (although I'm not going to disclose interview questions so don't ask about that).

In answer to your question I think last year they had a waitlist for interviews in case lots of people who made the cut off couldn't make it or declined and this is why some people who scored one below the cutoff were invited to interview in the end. Presumably that is what is happening this year two but they are being slightly more clear about it.

They also normally have a waiting list for after interviews when offers are sent out. This year only one person from the waitlist was subsequently given a place but usually there are more.

Good luck everyone.

Hey! Quick question about work experience. Did they ask for just contact details for the places you volunteered/worked, or did they want official letters/references?
Original post by Rvellani
Hey! Quick question about work experience. Did they ask for just contact details for the places you volunteered/worked, or did they want official letters/references?

Last year they asked for letter headed documents from your work experience supervisors just outlining what you did, it doesn't have to say anything about you as a person or anything, just to confirm that you did do the work experience you claimed to have done. I would have thought it would be the same this year- did you get an email about it when you first applied?
Last year they asked for letter headed documents from your work experience supervisors just outlining what you did, it doesn't have to say anything about you as a person or anything, just to confirm that you did do the work experience you claimed to have done. I would have thought it would be the same this year- did you get an email about it when you first applied?

Yeah just found the attachment which I’d missed previously! It seems that you can now upload the letter online instead of having to bring in the physical copy. Thanks!
Reply 38

Good luck everyone.

I'm going to pick your brains on my descent into madness!

Around when do they send out invitations to interview? All the waiting is infuriating
Original post by bsy9
I'm going to pick your brains on my descent into madness!

Around when do they send out invitations to interview? All the waiting is infuriating

Yes the wait is horrible, it's a whole year of waiting really and it's pretty exhausting. But the interview offers were sent out in batches last year- so don't freak out too much if others have heard and you haven't. I think mine was about 3 weeks after gamsat results day.

Quick Reply