The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
Original post by 123ash
Thank you so much. I really don't think I could do the GAMSAT or BMAT, I don't have any A-Levels, only an Access course. My options are very limited :frown:.

But I am not one to give up easily, if there is a little hope, I will keep trying :smile:.

To be fair I only did the UKCAT because I was on a placement last summer so I didn't have enough time to revise for the GAMSAT or BMAT so my options were limited too but I ended up with an offer from Warwick as well as an offer from HYMS for undegrad so definitely don't give up, you'll get there in the end!
Original post by Nav43
To be fair I only did the UKCAT because I was on a placement last summer so I didn't have enough time to revise for the GAMSAT or BMAT so my options were limited too but I ended up with an offer from Warwick as well as an offer from HYMS for undegrad so definitely don't give up, you'll get there in the end!

Original post by eilidhchambe
Where did your friend get into with 640? big problemo is can't apply UEA due to a levels, and Keele due to A levels would have to do GAMSAT instead of UKCAT

Potentially looking at a score of 39 which isn't very strong. I'm considering Notts actually. Do those all not look at A levels?

Have you applied this year?
Hey,

May sound like a stupid question, but do graduates get to firm/insure offers, or are they only allowed to accept one (like gap year students, for example)?
Reply 2884
Original post by Kamil98
Hey,

May sound like a stupid question, but do graduates get to firm/insure offers, or are they only allowed to accept one (like gap year students, for example)?

We get to firm one and insure one through UCAS
Heyyy. Does anyone know if grad medicine schools look at individual modules? I have been getting high 2.1’s / high 1sts in my exams but recently got a high 2.2 so I’m panicking
Original post by Gus1111
Heyyy. Does anyone know if grad medicine schools look at individual modules? I have been getting high 2.1’s / high 1sts in my exams but recently got a high 2.2 so I’m panicking

There’s no real ways to group grad medicine schools bud but if it makes you feel better I applied to two and neither Nottingham or Liverpool have asked me for my transcript so I don’t think they even look let alone care
There’s no real ways to group grad medicine schools bud but if it makes you feel better I applied to two and neither Nottingham or Liverpool have asked me for my transcript so I don’t think they even look let alone care

Thanks for your response! I’m just worried because I’m only applying to UKCAT universities. Really hope they don’t take modules into account, it’s one time I messed up :frown:
Original post by Gus1111
Thanks for your response! I’m just worried because I’m only applying to UKCAT universities. Really hope they don’t take modules into account, it’s one time I messed up :frown:

Only one of my UKCAT unis asked honestly most don’t care as long as you got the 2:1
Only one of my UKCAT unis asked honestly most don’t care as long as you got the 2:1

Thanks a lot. I’m stilling aiming for a first as I tend to get 80ish in exams, this one was just a **** fest haha. Good luck to you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending