The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by Edian
I got an interview invitation at Fitz!
15/12/17 at 9.30 and at 10.30. At 12.00 admissions assessment. I've aplied for Law.

Congrats ! Was that by email ? :smile:
Reply 941
Is it seriously normal for them to give out interviews at this stage. I feel like I’ll be rejected because the interview day is on the 6th and I feel like they would have told me by now
Original post by ppjk
Is it seriously normal for them to give out interviews at this stage. I feel like I’ll be rejected because the interview day is on the 6th and I feel like they would have told me by now

Completely normal.
A large chunk of interview invites go out after mid-November. No difference this year.
Original post by ppjk

I'm in a similar position (interview date would be 4th) but I think some colleges aren't going by interview date (there's also some recent ones added on the spreadsheet with early dates) :redface: what college/ subject did you apply for?
Reply 944
Original post by CompSci2018
I'm in a similar position (interview date would be 4th) but I think some colleges aren't going by interview date (there's also some recent ones added on the spreadsheet with early dates) :redface: what college/ subject did you apply for?

Geography at caius. I’m so nervous and keep refreshing my emails. I hate this feeling.
Original post by ppjk
Geography at caius. I’m so nervous and keep refreshing my emails. I hate this feeling.

Oooh good luck! Looking at the spreadsheet doesn't seem like they've sent out any geography ones atm - there's still time and hopefully they'll respond soon :smile:
Original post by ppjk

I am in the exact same situation. Applicants who have been scheduled to have interviews on the 10th/11th have received interview invites, but mine which is on the 8th hasn't been sent yet. I don't know how they choose which subjects to send, I'm guessing it's random.
any queens natsci applicants received invites today?
Reply 948
Original post by Macaronat
Congrats!! Was this via email then? I'm applying to Fitz for HSPS :smile:

Thank you. It was EMAIL. And good luck for you!
Reply 949
Original post by B17:)
Congrats ! Was that by email ? :smile:

Thank you! Yes, by email :smile:
Original post by CompSci2018

Original post by zhuk
I am in the exact same situation. Applicants who have been scheduled to have interviews on the 10th/11th have received interview invites, but mine which is on the 8th hasn't been sent yet. I don't know how they choose which subjects to send, I'm guessing it's random.

Honestly no need to worry about.
It’s quite normal you don’t hear anything until 2 was before interview......

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5030830&page=39#post74641814
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Edian
I got an interview invitation at Fitz!
15/12/17 at 9.30 and at 10.30. At 12.00 admissions assessment. I've aplied for Law.

Congratulations!!!
Original post by vincrows
Just to assure everyone who’s still waiting for interview invite, a large bulk of invites are usually sent just AFTER mid-November, so if you haven’t heard from your college yet now, that’s quite normal.
All colleges have only one full-time admission secretary and, with a help of very small number of admission people like admission tutor, school liaison officer, they have to organize literally hundreds of interviews with academic staff, with other commitments/work schedule, who will be in charge of actual interviews, so it’s a very complicated operation.

So please try to be patient.
I can assure you almost all of you will probably hear something hopefully around the middle of next week or by the end of the week.

Thank you very much. Makes a lot of sense.
Original post by vincrows
Hope it calmed you a bit. :wink:
Remember, the people who have had heard about interview/rejection are not majority. There’re more people waiting to hear than people who’ve heard at this stage.

TSR makes you paranoid. Seeing lots of users with invites definitely shakes you up! Thanks vincrows.
Original post by zhuk
TSR makes you paranoid. Seeing lots of users with invites definitely shakes you up! Thanks vincrows.

That’s the danger of Internet forum and social media.
It doesn’t give you a whole picture, only about the things people make noise about. :wink:

Hopefully most of you’ll hear something by middle of this week, or by the end at latest.
Downing College have sent out interview letters for Law! Does anyone know if rejection letters are also sent or if it’s through email.
I am waiting on Magdalene natsci. Anyone has gotten news?
Just got an interview at Newnham! :biggrin:
Reply 958
Anyone from Hong Kong received an interview invitation from Churchill?
any queens natsci applicants received an interview yet?

Latest