The Student Room Group

If you could meet any historical figure...

Scroll to see replies

Margaret Thatcher, wanna see behind all the controversy and have a private chat.
Joseph's Son. Just to see whether he had any concept of what the events of his life would cause.

I would also like to meet one of the early Egyptian Pharaohs, like double falcon or crocodile (Or generally anyone from one of the first civilizations). I think it would be fascinating to talk to someone who couldn't really answer the question, because they were at the dawn of history.
Lenin to ask what he would have done to Russia, has he have not died several years after taking power
Lindow man to ask him who he is. Who are you? And did you know you would be mummified?
Aaron Burr, he seems like a guy I could grab a beer with.
Reply 25
James Connolly or Michael Collins.
John Gotti.
Alexander the Great.
Cao Cao because his wikipedia article was a good read.
Piper Bill Millin because I love his story and I love the bagpipes, or Major Richard Winters because I love Band of Brothers but also because I'm fascinated by and have immense respect for veterans.
Charlemagne, Napoleon, Charles XII of Sweden (Carolus Rex) or Frederick the Great of Prussia.

All amazing leaders!
Leonardo da Vinci
Reply 32
Alan Turing, Nikola Tesla and ludwig wittgenstein.
Michael Collins to thank him for freeing (most of) my country from British occupation.
Leonardo Da Vinci
I am so fascinated by him and his art as an artist myself, I would have loved for him to be my teacher
George Washington, to see his opinions about current US society and politics.
Julius Caesar and Abraham
Reply 37
Numerous British kings and queens, perhaps John Singer Sargent and Leonardo Da Vinici....
Original post by 3160636
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose and why?

Those are endless. On top are people who made history (or are an immense part of it):

- Mandela
- Ghandhi
- Malcolm X
- Martin Luther King

Followed by people who fascinates me as scientists (and as human):

- Einstein
- Linus Pauling
- Max Planck

And a person I would always known (and maybe participate in his peace movements):

- Bertrand Russell
Original post by jkls92
Cicero. I'd just want to tell him how much he succeeded in his pursuit of eternal glory, feed his ego a bit and then discuss the sublime in literature, past and present political systems, modern languages, the Republic and the Civil Wars...

Yes same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending