The Student Room Group

The North is better than the South for jobs, homes, happiness

Question has got to be would you rather would in the south for £60,000 a year and paying a mortgage on a flat/house worth say £400,000 or live up north on £30,000 and paying a mortgage on a £100,000 house???

Scroll to see replies

I honestly prefer the south.
Reply 2
I prefer the south
t'North is champion.
Like to visit the for the weekend or to see mates but defo the South to live.
Original post by mattymoo432
Question has got to be would you rather would in the south for £60,000 a year and paying a mortgage on a flat/house worth say £400,000 or live up north on £30,000 and paying a mortgage on a £100,000 house???

North would be great but the lack of public investments there is dire.
south lol
The south, even when you can get more for your money up north. Earning half the salary but getting a house at 25% the price of the south.
Reply 8
I live in London so would say South.
Why are being so restricted to their roots? I'm in east of England which is largely regarded as being part of south but I'm happy to leave my roots to move 6 hours I'm North
The south, even when you can get more for your money up north. Earning half the salary but getting a house at 25% the price of the south.

Why are being so restricted to their roots? I'm in east of England which is largely regarded as being part of south but I'm happy to leave my roots to move 6 hours I'm North

U wot m8
Original post by Kevin Hodge
U wot m8

What don't you understand?
What don't you understand?

Why don’t you move up north then? Personally, I’m happy with staying down south.
Original post by Kevin Hodge
Why don’t you move up north then? Personally, I’m happy with staying down south.

I will be moving up north. My questions is why don't more people do this, if you can have everything more affordable
The North. Lived in the North West all my life, but I've traveled around quite a lot and I wouldn't want to live in the South. People are so cold/distant, everything costs more and the pace of life is more stressful than it actually needs to be.
I will be moving up north. My questions is why don't more people do this, if you can have everything more affordable

I find the north really dull and boring - especially when compared to London. Also, the area I’m from is a business friendly area so it’s good for opening businesses.
Yeah but it's also a bit dumpy up North.
Reply 17
South every time i'm afraid.
South is more expensive for a reason. It's nicer.
The problem is the fact that there is so much government funding in the South and very little in the North.

Quick Reply

Latest