The Student Room Group

Cambridge Murray Edwards Applicants 2018 Thread

Hi! I've seen this sort of thread for applicants to other Cambridge colleges but not for Murray Edwards- So if you're out there applicants for Murray Edwards-

Name:

Applying For:

GCSE's:

AS:

Predictions:

Why Murray Edwards? :

Fun Fact:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Heyyy Sophie, a bit late of a reply, but I was also just looking up threads to join in relevance to Murray Edwards, and this seemed to be the only thing posted.

Name: Fia

Applying For: Architecture

GCSE's: 1A* 4A 5B 1C

AS: AAA

Predictions: A*A*A*

Why Murray Edwards?
Their drive and passion for putting women at the forefront really appealed to me, especially since I’m going into a field where we don’t get much representation. I also liked their general friendly atmosphere and felt I would be comfortable there.

Fun Fact: well, it’s not really a fun fact, but I’m an AS repeat student 😋
Name: Jain
Applying for: English
GCSEs: 4 A*s, 3 As and 1 B
AS: AAAA
Predictions: A*A*A
Why Murray Edwards? To be completely honest, there isn't a super specific reason but I do like the campus a lot and it's of course a plus that they encourage female empowerment so much
Fun fact: I've never been to the UK
Reply 3
Original post by jvinmurrey
Name: Jain
Applying for: English
GCSEs: 4 A*s, 3 As and 1 B
AS: AAAA
Predictions: A*A*A
Why Murray Edwards? To be completely honest, there isn't a super specific reason but I do like the campus a lot and it's of course a plus that they encourage female empowerment so much
Fun fact: I've never been to the UK

Hey Jain!
Where are you form?! :biggrin:
Name: Freya
Applying For: Law
GCSEs: 1A* 4A 5B 1C
AS: ABBB
Prediction: A*AA (plus A* at EPQ on a law topic)
Why Murray Edwards? Everyone told me that when I visited the 'right' uni I would know it was right, and on the open day in Cambridge I felt totally out of place at every college I visited, until I got to Murray Edwards. Specifically, their library is one I felt I could revise in without distracting myself with the ceilings/bookshelves/paintings for hours.
Fun Fact: My cousin went to Medwards when it was still New Hall in the 70s/80s.
Reply 5
Are you following @MECCambAccess on Twitter, they have recently tweeted that they have sent out emails about Architecture, History of Art and Land Economy applications. Guess the rest won't be long now then...
Original post by SEJChem
Are you following @MECCambAccess on Twitter, they have recently tweeted that they have sent out emails about Architecture, History of Art and Land Economy applications. Guess the rest won't be long now then...

Thank you!

I kept checking the Medwards official account because that's where it was last year, but I checked at half five because I figured anything later would be outside office hours.
Original post by fcmcmurray
Thank you!

I kept checking the Medwards official account because that's where it was last year, but I checked at half five because I figured anything later would be outside office hours.

Did you have to send them written work?
Did you have to send them written work?

No, Law wasn't a subject they wanted it for. I guess that's because they welcome Law applicants who have all science subjects, so only some of us could submit written work from school.
No, Law wasn't a subject they wanted it for. I guess that's because they welcome Law applicants who have all science subjects, so only some of us could submit written work from school.

Oh, alright. Makes sense. Have you heard anything in terms of the interview?
Oh, alright. Makes sense. Have you heard anything in terms of the interview?

Nope, not yet. I don't think law will be till Wednesday.
Reply 11
murray

basically murray

I hope nominative determinism works for you both :wink:

We just need someone called Ed to turn up now.
Hey has anyone got any news about the interview yet? Feel like applicants to other colleges are all hearing something back
Reply 13
Original post by MaggieMYY
Hey has anyone got any news about the interview yet? Feel like applicants to other colleges are all hearing something back

Have you been following all the info provided by the Murray Edwards Admissions Tutor in his thread?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5041574
Post Assessments - Pre-interview Ask an Admissions Tutor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Have you been following all the info provided by the Murray Edwards Admissions Tutor in his thread?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5041574
Post Assessments - Pre-interview Ask an Admissions Tutor

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually haven't yet! That's really helpful, thank you!
Original post by Saf5238
Heyyy Sophie, a bit late of a reply, but I was also just looking up threads to join in relevance to Murray Edwards, and this seemed to be the only thing posted.

Name: Fia

Applying For: Architecture

GCSE's: 1A* 4A 5B 1C

AS: AAA

Why Murray Edwards?
Their drive and passion for putting women at the forefront really appealed to me, especially since I’m going into a field where we don’t get much representation. I also liked their general friendly atmosphere and felt I would be comfortable there.

Fun Fact: well, it’s not really a fun fact, but I’m an AS repeat student 😋

Your full name doesn’t happen to be Safia does it??
Hello all! It’s lovely to meet you 😊 I have an interview on Monday (11th) and I can’t wait!

Name: Safia

Applying for: psychological and behavioural sciences

GCSE’s: 5.5A* 4A 1B

AS: AAAB, D3 in Pre U

Predictions: A*A*A and D2

Why Murray Edwards: I actually had an open application but I am truly pleased I have been allocated to Medwards! Its informality and celebration of women is unlike anything I’ve ever seen.

Fun fact: I have only 45% hearing and work part time as a model 😊
Name : Patricia

Applying for: Law LLB

GCSE: 4A*, 1B, 1C

AS: AAAC

Why Murray Edwards: Well, to be honest, I first applied to this college because it is the less competitive one among all colleges in Cambridge. But after I looked at the information on the website, I know I chose the right one because it encourages woman enpowerment a lot, which will definitely increase my confidence of expressing my own opinions as a lawyer in the future. So I think, it should be a good college for law students >w<

Fun Facts: I am an international student and have studied one-year-course in GCSE. That's why I have fewer grades

Please! Any Advice on interviews?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending