The Student Room Group

I lost my phone on the bus, please help

Last week Thursday i lost my phone. I was on the bus and on the last stop when the bus terminated i left my phone on the chair. I literally still cannot believe this happend to me.:frown:

When i got home i rang my phone and a woman picked up saying she realised someone lost it and gave me her number so i could contact her to get it back.

The problem, however, is that when i call her number on my mumsor dads phone , it does not pick up:frown:

Anytime i call the number it rings for 1 second and then i get the message of 'call ended'. I have tried calling this woman several times with the same outcome.

When i call other people on my mums and dads phone everything is fine, it is just that womans number that is not picking up. What does that mean?

I cannot call my mobile ohone because it directs me to voicemail which is no good. My phone battery at that time was low so i guess my phone must have died since then.:frown:

I need help. I do not know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blackstarr
Last week Thursday i lost my phone. I was on the bus and on the last stop when the bus terminated i left my phone on the chair. I literally still cannot believe this happend to me.:frown:

When i got home i rang my phone and a woman picked up saying she realised someone lost it and gave me her number so i could contact her to get it back.

The problem, however, is that when i call her number on my mumsor dads phone , it does not pick up:frown:

Anytime i call the number it rings for 1 second and then i get the message of 'call ended'. I have tried calling this woman several times with the same outcome.

When i call other people on my mums and dads phone everything is fine, it is just that womans number that is not picking up. What does that mean?

I cannot call my mobile ohone because it directs me to voicemail which is no good. My phone battery at that time was low so i guess my phone must have died since then.:frown:

Call your network provider and tell them it's lost/potentially stolen

Have you checked with the police and lost property or the bus company? If she wants to hand it in then she can.
Is it an expensive phone and did you have any tracking sogyware on it or have you disabled it?

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-track-android-phone
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Have you checked with the police and lost property or the bus company? If she wants to hand it in then she can.
Is it an expensive phone and did you have any tracking sogyware on it or have you disabled it?

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-track-android-phone

Its on old phone, the Iphone 4s.

I have checked with my nearest bus garage(where the buses terminate) but no avail.

I do not think i had any tracking sogyware.
Reply 4
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Call your network provider and tell them it's lost/potentially stolen

if i do, what will they do.

My phone is not on contract whatsoever so i do not pay for anything monthly for it apart from credit for phone calls etc
if i do, what will they do.

My phone is not on contract whatsoever so i do not pay for anything monthly for it apart from credit for phone calls etc

They'll probably track it.
Reply 6

ohh right.
If it's an i-phone I doubt you have a g-mail login connected to the phone?
Reply 8
Original post by iElvendork
If it's an i-phone I doubt you have a g-mail login connected to the phone?

I do
I do

Have you tried to google 'find my phone' then? If you login in on both phone and laptop it should show you where it was at least last seen. Just checked with mine and it's a pretty accurate location
This is a rally cool adventure.

Go to the location... :colone:
Original post by iElvendork
Have you tried to google 'find my phone' then? If you login in on both phone and laptop it should show you where it was at least last seen. Just checked with mine and it's a pretty accurate location

I have tried but my phone is not registered with it:frown:

I am not sure what you mean exactly:s-smilie:
I have tried but my phone is not registered with it:frown:

I am not sure what you mean exactly:s-smilie:

Phone doesn't have to be registered, the device just has be signed in with google

Use find my iPhone, make sure it's in Lost mode and also use Play sound (even if it's offline, it'll set these to happen when the phone is next connected to the internet). Do you have the last location of the device?

Contact the police and your mobile phone provider.

The good thing with iPhones is: even if someone does try and steal your phone, there's not a lot they can do with it, as the phone is Activation locked to your Apple ID. :yep:

do you know how?
Its on old phone, the Iphone 4s.

I have checked with my nearest bus garage(where the buses terminate) but no avail.

I do not think i had any tracking sogyware.

Sogyware :biggrin:
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Use find my iPhone, make sure it's in Lost mode and also use Play sound (even if it's offline, it'll set these to happen when the phone is next connected to the internet). Do you have the last location of the device?

Contact the police and your mobile phone provider.

The good thing with iPhones is: even if someone does try and steal your phone, there's not a lot they can do with it, as the phone is Activation locked to your Apple ID. :yep:

I never created any account with find my iphone.

With my Apple ID i think i had a password issue with that earlier(before lsong my phone) so i do not know if i have a valid Apple ID.
Original post by R2D2IsASith
Sogyware :biggrin:

i do not even know what that is hence i doubt i had it

He meant "Software"
I never created any account with find my iphone.

With my Apple ID i think i had a password issue with that earlier(before lsong my phone) so i do not know if i have a valid Apple ID.

Oh dear! :nope:

Well, it's passcode locked I'm presuming, so there's still some sort of security. If there's no find my iPhone, then you're really stuck...

Do call up your mobile phone provider though. :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending