The Student Room Group

Tate's Grow Your Grades Thingamajig

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

14/11/17 - Social Media cleanses and cancelled tests (woop!)

Since I last made a post I decided to go on a social media cleanse for a week. Meaning I've deleted all of the social media apps I have on my phone (apart from whatsapp - I need that for school work) and I'm banning myself from looking at any of it. I've done this because I have been feeling insecure lately, comparing my life to others and feeling down about it, and I know that's not healthy AT ALL! Furthermore, I feel like I rely on it too much, so I need to break that addiction. The final reason is that its too much of a distraction - I need to focus on my work wayyyyy more than I am atm. So far I am finding it alright, and to be honest, I'm not missing it much. I think I was going on it so much because of habit, rather than need.

In other (f**king fabulous) news, I was supposed to have an Economics test first thing today, but it got cancelled as my teacher wasn't in! :dance::dance::dance:. This is especially good news for me as I didn't have a clue about the test as I wasn't in any of the lesson with this teacher last week (1 day because of senior maths challenge, the other because I was ill). I am forever grateful that I have another day to revise, and I'm not usually a religious person, but THANK GOD BECAUSE I WAS IN DEEP SH*T! This is the lifeline I needed to not flop the test.
Original post by Tate00

14/11/17 - Social Media cleanses and cancelled tests (woop!)

Tbh going a social media cleanse is something that I should probably do as I spend so much time on it but can't bring myself to delete the apps as I feel I would miss too much online :eek:

Also, would you say that doing an AS level is useful as I kinda want to drop it and need some opinions xx
Reply 22
Original post by Kirri01

Tbh going a social media cleanse is something that I should probably do as I spend so much time on it but can't bring myself to delete the apps as I feel I would miss too much online :eek:

Also, would you say that doing an AS level is useful as I kinda want to drop it and need some opinions xx

If I’m gonna be honest, I don’t have a clue. My school doesn’t offer as levels so I had no choice but to not do them. I guess you just need to do what’s right for you
Original post by Tate00
If I’m gonna be honest, I don’t have a clue. My school doesn’t offer as levels so I had no choice but to not do them. I guess you just need to do what’s right for you

Okay thank youu :h:
Reply 24

21/11/17 - Need to get my head in the game (so tempted to break out into a hsm song)

Sorry I haven't been updating as consistently as I could be, if I'm gonna be honest, I just haven't been in the mood to, I know it's bad, but I've just been super stressed with school work and other stuff so I just believe it's best to take a break for a while before I break down in tears or something :lol:. Besides everything school-wise has been full of mediocrity, so it's not like there's been anything important to update you guys w/.

In other news, I am seeking motivation to try my best and work to my fullest extent, because I know I won't reach my goals otherwise. For example, I had a chance to apply to be a stem leader in my school, but flaked in the last minute because I couldn't be bothered - I know for fact this was my fault and it will come and bite me in the ass in the future. And also, last week, I had a maths exam which I flopped because I couldn't be bothered to revise to my fullest extent - again, my fault :s-smilie:. This morning one of my friends told me the inspirational quotes she lived by, tbh I don't remember any of them, but I remember they were good. I've been inspired by her idea (by inspired, I mean I'm gonna steal it :lol:) and I've decided to find some quotes to inspire me in my studies, so I can reach my full potential.

The moral of this story is, if you don't try, you won't get anywhere. So, it's better to get off your ass and actually do something than do nothing because of stupid excuses such as "I can't" or "I know I'll fail", or, in my case, because you can't be bothered. Maybe this mini-epiphany will get me somewhere in life for once :lol:

:bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake:

Tags(yaas learning new features!)

Good luck with the quotes 😊 I did that once and ended up spending a whole day trying to get inspired lol 😅

Thanks for the tag btw, didn't see it before 😊
(edited 6 years ago)
Your title is similar to my one from last year :biggrin:

Good luck :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by NotNotBatman
Your title is similar to my one from last year :biggrin:

Good luck :smile:

Thanks x, great minds think alike :wink:
Reply 28
Original post by Kirri01
Good luck with the quotes 😊 I did that once and ended up spending a whole day trying to get inspired lol 😅

Thanks for the tag btw, didn't see it before 😊

Thanks, yeah I only started tagging in my latest post
I relate to your post so much!
(sorry would write a longer reply but I'm really ill so am off to bed!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30

22/11/17 - Good things happen when you try

This will be a super quick post - think of it as a part 2 of the previous one :wink:. As I was saying, this relates greatly to my previous post. You know when I said if I try I'll actually get somewhere? That's exactly what happened to me shortly after writing that post coincidentally :biggrin:. I got a work experience placement at Barclays through my school! That's pretty much all I've got to say, isn't it funny how this happens just shortly after that post?

Have fun peeps!

:party:

Tags

:woo: Nice!
My school wants us to have 37 hours of work experience by Friday... I may not have looked yet :oops:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tate00

22/11/17 - Good things happen when you try

This will be a super quick post - think of it as a part 2 of the previous one :wink:. As I was saying, this relates greatly to my previous post. You know when I said if I try I'll actually get somewhere? That's exactly what happened to me shortly after writing that post coincidentally :biggrin:. I got a work experience placement at Barclays through my school! That's pretty much all I've got to say, isn't it funny how this happens just shortly after that post?

Have fun peeps!

:party:

Tags

Ooh well done :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by Lemur14
:woo: Nice!
My school wants us to have 37 hours of work experience by Friday... I may not have looked yet :oops:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks x! Good luck with your work experience, I'm sure you'll find a way to do it (somehow :s-smilie:)

Original post by NotNotBatman
Ooh well done :smile:

Thanks hun x
Original post by Tate00
Thanks x! Good luck with your work experience, I'm sure you'll find a way to do it (somehow :s-smilie:)

Thanks hun x

You're welcome :smile:
I'm not really planning on sorting it out :lol: I don't need the work experience for what I want to do and don't really have the time to do it. If I fancy it I can probably do a week in an accountancy firm over the summer, but I'm not organising it this early!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Lemur14
You're welcome :smile:
I'm not really planning on sorting it out :lol: I don't need the work experience for what I want to do and don't really have the time to do it. If I fancy it I can probably do a week in an accountancy firm over the summer, but I'm not organising it this early!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough:lol:
Congrats xx
Reply 37
Original post by Kirri01
Congrats xx

thanks x
Reply 38
Thanks for the tag! Good work on your work experience- it sounds super exciting! X
Reply 39
Original post by a1icia
Thanks for the tag! Good work on your work experience- it sounds super exciting! X

Thanks hun xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending