The Student Room Group

physics equation rearrangement

how would you rearrange 1/2ke^2 for e?
What do you mean

To get it on its own?

Or to find e if you are given other values for other stuff.

To get e on its own I would expect the equation to equal something.

If I am wrong then just ignore this.

Spoiler

Original post by i hate my life
how would you rearrange 1/2ke^2 for e?

Are you sure the equation isn't equal to something? Maybe post a picture of the questions/equations and we can take a better look at it :wink:

Original post by monkeyman0121
What do you mean

To get it on its own?

Or to find e if you are given other values for other stuff.

To get e on its own I would expect the equation to equal something.

If I am wrong then just ignore this.

Please don't quote full answers. Read the guidelines :smile:
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Are you sure the equation isn't equal to something? Maybe post a picture of the questions/equations and we can take a better look at it :wink:

Please don't quote full answers. Read the guidelines :smile:

It is not a full answer, as there's could equal something else and maybe equal something far more irritating and hard to rearrange. I just gave an example of how to do it, so they can apply it to harder questions such as ones that have equal to other letters or numbers.
It is not a full answer, as there's could equal something else and maybe equal something far more irritating and hard to rearrange. I just gave an example of how to do it, so they can apply it to harder questions such as ones that have equal to other letters or numbers.

The problem with that equation is that it isn't an equation and is in fact an expression so it isn't possible to rearrange it so it doesn't help you posting a wrong solution. Also, all I was saying is to let OP think about what they can do rather than tell him how to do it.
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
The problem with that equation is that it isn't an equation and is in fact an expression so it isn't possible to rearrange it so it doesn't help you posting a wrong solution. Also, all I was saying is to let OP think about what they can do rather than tell him how to do it.

That is why I wrote the first few lines, to ask him if he is trying to rearrange without it equaling something. I also advised him to ignore the rest of the post if it wasn't.

I would have done something else to help but I was busy at the time and I felt that some quick help was better than not trying. (Needed to go somewhere on short notice).
That is why I wrote the first few lines, to ask him if he is trying to rearrange without it equaling something. I also advised him to ignore the rest of the post if it wasn't.

I would have done something else to help but I was busy at the time and I felt that some quick help was better than not trying. (Needed to go somewhere on short notice).

it was for E = 1/2ke^2 sorry didn't write what it was equal to, my bad.
It’s root 2E/k I think not sure as I just dit in in my head
Original post by i hate my life
it was for E = 1/2ke^2 sorry didn't write what it was equal to, my bad.

Now that makes more sense. What do you think you can do here.
Unparseable latex formula:

\[E]

The two rules you need to follow are

1) you can perform all 4 operations but you have to do the same thing to both sides of the equals sign
2) if you want to move or cancel a variable on one side of the equation, you do the "opposite" operation on both sides of the equation.

Quick Reply

Latest