The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

I just confirmed my offer to study politics next year. I’m American so I’m really excited to be studying in Scotland..I was wondering if anybody is planning to live in Salisbury? It seems nice!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
I just got accepted to study maths in second year at edinburgh. I just want to know how are the living costs around edinburgh and how far away it is from london?
Original post by ziadff1
I just got accepted to study maths in second year at edinburgh. I just want to know how are the living costs around edinburgh and how far away it is from london?

Edinburgh is pretty dam far from London. As for living costs, it should be cheaper since it's a small city.

Congrats on your offer :smile: I got an offer for Computer Science yesterday. Pretty happy about it
Original post by AndyLai9879
Edinburgh is pretty dam far from London. As for living costs, it should be cheaper since it's a small city.

Congrats on your offer :smile: I got an offer for Computer Science yesterday. Pretty happy about it

It’s far for people who have lived in the UK their whole lives. There’s a train from Edinburgh to London that’s five hours. Coming from the US, that’s not too far for me! :smile:
For Living expenses, it’s obviously not as expensive as London...but more expensive than other cities of a similar size (Glasgow).
Reply 5
Hi!
I got an offer couple of weeks ago to study chemical engineering.
Original post by Lmalloy20
It’s far for people who have lived in the UK their whole lives. There’s a train from Edinburgh to London that’s five hours. Coming from the US, that’s not too far for me! :smile:
For Living expenses, it’s obviously not as expensive as London...but more expensive than other cities of a similar size (Glasgow).

I live in a country that's only a few times bigger than Singapore (Brunei), so 5 hours sounds pretty far for me. Guess different people from different regions around the world has their own definition of far :smile:
Reply 7
Hi! I have an unconditional offer to study Politics and Economic and Social History! I'm from America (South Florida). I haven't firmed Edinburgh yet because I haven't heard back from some of my other schools yet, but I'm almost definitely going to choose Edinburgh! Anyone have any ideas about accommodation yet?
Original post by ecary25
Hi! I have an unconditional offer to study Politics and Economic and Social History! I'm from America (South Florida). I haven't firmed Edinburgh yet because I haven't heard back from some of my other schools yet, but I'm almost definitely going to choose Edinburgh! Anyone have any ideas about accommodation yet?

Congrats! I’m also from the US (Saint Louis) and have accepted my offer!! For accommodation I’ll be staying at Salisbury Court, I like it bc it has studios (i prefer a larger room)... I know John Burnett and chancellors are nice too
Reply 9
Original post by Lmalloy20
Congrats! I’m also from the US (Saint Louis) and have accepted my offer!! For accommodation I’ll be staying at Salisbury Court, I like it bc it has studios (i prefer a larger room)... I know John Burnett and chancellors are nice too

Those are my favorites! I like Salisbury, but I think my parents are going to want me in catered accommodation, so I'll probably pick either John Burnett or Chancellors.
Reply 10
Original post by ziadff1

Edinburgh is a pretty expensive student city I'm sure.
Hi, everyone! I got an offer for MSc in Artificial Intelligence at the University of Edinburgh, I'm finishing my Bachelor's in Math in an American university. As an overseas student from Russia, I have to pay a lot for tuition but I can't afford it. Edinburgh doesn't seem to provide scholarships for overseas students. Does anyone one if there is a way to get a loan? Has anyone been in similar situation? That's one of the best AI programs in the world, and I don't wanna miss this opportunity.
Reply 12
anyone had an offer for Sociology & Politics?? I'm predicted A*A*B so I'm really hoping I get an offer
Original post by brawlie
anyone had an offer for Sociology & Politics?? I'm predicted A*A*B so I'm really hoping I get an offer

You'll probably get a conditional offer :smile: I hope you do get in!!

I also applied to Edinburgh for Law with business and I am predicted
A* A B --- My myed portal is still saying the application is pending their decision...
Reply 14
Original post by vanessa_james
You'll probably get a conditional offer :smile: I hope you do get in!!

thank you! I really hope so... my myed just says the same too! good luck to you too, I’m sure we’ll both post if we get an offer :smile:
Reply 15
Anybody got an offer for Biological Sciences? I sent my application off a month ago and I'm getting fairly anxious right now. I'm predicted A*AA and it's my first choice so I really hope I get one.
Original post by JayanDD
Anybody got an offer for Biological Sciences? I sent my application off a month ago and I'm getting fairly anxious right now. I'm predicted A*AA and it's my first choice so I really hope I get one.

Yeah, I got an offer last week for A*AA. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you might not be of the required standard suitable for a place at edinburgh.
Original post by pbateman112
Yeah, I got an offer last week for A*AA. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you might not be of the required standard suitable for a place at edinburgh.

Why wouldnt they get in ?
Reply 18
Does anyone have an offer for joint schools/economics
Reply 19
Hey! Got an email about post-offer visits yesterday. Thinking about going, but not sure. Anyone else going or thinking about it?

Latest

Trending

Trending